“Oh joy of joys.....delightful place”
Review of The Gallery Cafe

The Gallery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Basseterre
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Gallery Cafe is set within the heart of historic Basseterre. We serve freshly squeezed juices, various types of teas and coffees and a light selection of homemade savoury and sweet treats. There is a quiet courtyard and comfortable 'living room' area for customers. The cafe is run by Leah and is set within the walls of an art gallery owned by Rosey Cameron Smith (Leah's mother). Wifi is available for customers.
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Four friends....not on a cruise but staying for 9 days on St Kitts...nothing against cruisers by the way just not for us this particular holiday, and by happy chance came to this place. Nothing corporate about it. From its wonderfully weathered clapper boards and shingles. right to its lovely staff. We had fresh passion fruit juice and lemon grass yes and a selection of genuinely home made savouries and cakes.........do please drop in and look at the art too.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

I wouldn't have found this place had it not been for my friend Laurna. I met her there one day and loved the Caribbean vibe and the extraordinary artwork by the resident/owner. While I was waiting for my friend to arrive she arranged for me to try the Lemongrass Ice Tea which was so refreshing. I look forward to revisiting this charming old building and Gallery next year when we return to the island. If you are looking for authentic local artwork and other interesting offerings by local artisans, this is the place for you.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Now I'm not sure that I should be writing this review as the Gallery cafe is one of those places that oozes tranquility and if publicised if might become less so, but the owners deserve some more footfall cos it's just so gorgeous. Amazingly the cruise ship travellers that arrive in Basseterre never seem to make it to the other side of Independence Square where the Gallery cafe is, surprisingly as it's only yards away from the Disney-esque shops of Port Zante. But if you take that 5 minute walk directly away from the mall and cross the leafy green square with its tinkling fountain you'll find the most wonderful collection of original art from its resident English artist/owner in an old style authentic wooden building. You don't have to buy anything of course you can just soak up the ambience if you want. Or maybe take some coffee in the back or down in the shady garden. Anyway our suggestion is don't miss this little gem if you're planning to visit Basseterre. Chris and Chrissy Jones

Reviewed February 20, 2018

I have been seeing this coffee shop every time I check out restaurants in Basseterre so after lunch aboard my cruise ship I decided to have a look at this one...

Situated on the Northern part of the main square and a mere 10 min walk from the cruise terminal, this coffee shop is an oasis; ironic in the sense that it's very close to the terminal but there's none of the usual cruise ship passengers to be seen inside!

It's a very local establishment and after settling down with my iced coffee and a lovely homemade cake it soon filled up with locals.

Better yet, it's also an art gallery where people can appreciate the works of local artists as well as the owner of the building who's been living on the island for more than 30 years.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

Beautiful building. Very very nice coffee and cake. Pleasant staff. Only drawback perhaps not the best place to stop for lunch. That's not what they do here.

Very nice artwork for sale and garden at the back very pleasant, there were lizards but they are harmless. I would recommend that you visit this cafe if in Bassetterre.