More attraction details
Owner description: Honu and Pelikana is the first to bring Standup Paddle Boarding to the island of St Kitts providing you with a different way to explore the water with equipment that can be used by almost anyone at any experience level. Its our mission to get you out on the water on our boards and see the ocean like you have never seen it before. We provide you with the best, brand new equipment, that you can take anywhere on the island when the time suits you. Enjoy our beautiful coastline and explore little coves and bays where you can fish and snorkel at your own leisure. It’s a great way to exercise, working muscles that you never knew you had. It’s also a great way to get out on the water and enjoy the ocean with family & friends. We provide you with a 12 foot SUP complete with a soft deck for touring and on board cleats to tie all your gear up. We then include an adjustable carbon paddle to suit your height and if renting for the day we top it off with a soft rack that will fit any car so you can take your SUP to anywhere you want.We dont want to limit you to any one corner of the beach.Dont want to haul a bunch of gear? No problem! We can set up a guided tour for you and your friends that will allow you to experience parts of our beautiful caribbean coastline that you could not access otherwise. SUP's are the best way to get out on the ocean and maximize your time on the water. Whether its a sunset paddle with your loved one or an early morning paddle to strengthen your core I guarantee you will fall in love with this ancient sport of Kings.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Port pick up and drop off by Dan at 10:00 am sharp.

Dan took us to Majors Bay away from all the other crowded beaches. It was just myself my husband and our guide Dan. He set up chairs and a cooler with refreshments. We were given some instructions and away we went. We had the entire bay to ourselves. It was gorgeous and peaceful. A great excursion that we did that was not attached to the cruise ship.

Dan even brought snorkel gear.

It was a little windy and I was still able to get up on the board and paddle.

Would do again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank Paula S

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nick met us at the port. We did the beach day. Nick took us to a private beach where we were alone. The snorkeling was unbelievable. When we finally took a break from snorkeling, he suggested we get our paddleboards and paddle to the private beach. Although the trade winds caused alot of waves I was able to stay on the board pretty well with his instructions. My wife has her own SUP. I am a kayaker. It was an awesome experience. The island is just beautiful. Nick is awesome and he took great care of us. We did not have to take a taxi to get to the beach. I would highly recommend the SUP rental. He needs to charge more for this attraction.

1  Thank Cleaner3
Reviewed January 30, 2014

A group of 8 us did the SUP beach day while on a cruise with a stop in St Kitts.

We had an amazing time! We met Nick at Majors Beach which was a beautiful secluded beach that we had all to ourselves. It was a little windy at first so Nick and his partner loaded up the boards and took them down shore so we could board with the wind which made all the difference. Nick wanted to make sure we had a good experience and we did. All of us were first time boarders and we were all able to do it. He also had snorkel gear, beach chairs, snacks, and drinks. This was one of the best excursions on our cruise!

I was a little worried about the taxi situation as I had never been to St Kitts but it could not have been easier. We were in a van and it was $14 a person round trip. The taxis were very professional and our driver (Daisy) said she would be back at the time requested and she was. No worries.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent the day in St. Kitts with Beau from Honu Pelikana. Beau took us to a beautiful, secluded beach where we were able to spend time on the paddle boards. It was a really windy day, but a good time was had by all as we paddled on the boards, snorkeled and enjoyed the snacks. We especially enjoyed the ride to the beach with Beau filling us in on the beautiful island. Nick was very quick to respond to questions and was extremely accomodating.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I took the SUP tour while stopped at St. Kitts on a cruise. We took a taxi (about $20) from the port to Whitehouse Bay. This gave us a quick tour of the island as we drove to the far southern end. We were dropped off at a beautiful and completely secluded beach, where we had a few minutes to take a dip in the water before Nick arrived from Honu Pelikana. He gave us a quick overview of SUP techniques, which helped a lot, since neither one of us had ever done it before.

The equipment was in great condition, but there is one caveat. I am 6'5", and there was no paddle that was quite tall enough for me. This made it slightly harder to paddle, since I had to lean slightly to get purchase in the water. If you happen to be my height or taller, you may want to check with Nick ahead of time to see if he may have a longer one available.

Once we got on the water, my wife had issues with her balance, so she ended up kneeling for the whole ride. Our guide was very helpful and made sure that she was doing OK since she was paddling more slowly than everyone else. The views were great, and the perspective while standing up on the paddleboard made it even better. The length of the tour is just right - just long enough to get a good workout and to see the views of St. Kitts, but not long enough that you get completely worn out.

Once the tour was over, I realized that I had accidentally not brought enough cash to pay for the tour and still take a taxi back to the ship. I told Nick, and he volunteered to take us back to the boat in his truck. He was very helpful, even though it was completely my fault. Overall, it was a great tour, and I would recommend it to anyone coming to St. Kitts.

1  Thank odieman44