“Great day with Trevor - fun, sun, sights and more”
Review of Island Safari Tours - CLOSED

Island Safari Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Safari Tours is a visitor guide and excursion service for cruise and stay over visitors to the island of St. Kitts. The best pampered and privileged visitors to our island paradise have toured in the open safari or in the air conditioned comfort of Island Safari Tours. Our tours bring history and hospitality to life as you enjoy the wonders that St. Kitts has to offer.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our second trip to St. Kitts and we made no plans at all. We decided to walk off the ship and see what happened. We passed a few taxi drivers and guides, some pushy, some not so much. We kept going and then ran into Troy. He was nice and polite but of course a salesman, too, which is fine. He said we could see some sights for only $25 each and said he is "on TripAdvisor". Being a TripAdvisor member for 8 years I know being "on" means nothing but "ratings" mean a whole lot more. I told Troy I'd think about it and decided to walk over to the free wifi spot and look him up to see if he was really "on" TripAdvisor and here he was. I also know rank isn't everything since new companies don't have as many ratings to push them up. But all of his ratings were great so we decided to give it a go. We went back over, signed up for the 10:30am, open air bus with Trevor as our driver and off we went.

That was just the beginning of what turned out to be a great day. Our bus ride was fun. It accommodates 12 people but we only had 8. Trevor was an excellent driver and guide being both personable and friendly. We passed lots of sights and I took many pictures along the way. Just a sampling of them are posted here. I have to admit that at first I wasn't thrilled about going "shopping" at the batik factory. I like to see and do things rather than shop but this turned out to be one of the many highlights for me. The ladies who work there were lovely and helpful and seem to be able to look at you and tell you what size you need. It worked for me and my husband. :) I've always loved batiks and seeing one lady working on one brought back memories of when I was a teenager and tried my hand at this art. My husband bought a great shirt and I got a beautiful, bright, simple bathing suit cover up. And Trevor provided us with a drink at the end - some got their included drink before going inside. A beer, rum and coke, or water is included for your fare.

We were dropped off at a really cool little beach if we were interested and Trevor would pick us up at the time of our choice. This was not a set time for the entire bus which was absolutely great. The others were on a ship that left at 3 and ours didn't leave until 5. We asked where the best place was to eat. Trevor said right there at the shipwreck. He wasn't kidding. We ordered both a chicken and fish platter and shared...and ate every single bite. YUM!!! Great food. If you think this beach is too narrow and crowded for you, go for a walk to the right. We went to the end and there were very few people along the way and the beach gets wider as you get near the end.

We asked Trevor to be back for us at 3pm. We went out to the parking lot a few minutes early and there he was at the designated spot.

I would happily and confidently spend the day with Island Safari Tours again doing this same tour. Or maybe I'll have them take us on a round trip hike up a mountain which they said could be arranged ahead of time.

We really loved the open air bus but of course it was January. Troy also has an air-conditioned van if you prefer that type of transportation. But even in the summer with the breeze blowing through the open air vehicle I think it would be a comfortable outing.

Get off your ship early and sign up with Troy. he'll put a wrist band on you. then you can wander around all the shops and bars in the immediate area and just show up at your designated time for your fun day to begin.

I really liked both of these guys. Looking back at my pictures I was surprised at how much we saw and did in just 5 fun and relaxing hours.

3  Thank mommabean

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Most amazing, professional zip line we have done in a country. From Liz Pereira who set up the trip to the guides who took us on the trip, this was a A+ experience. We took our daughter who thought it was fabulous to be in the rainforest! The equipment was new and in excellent shape, the tutorial and practice beforehand was top notch! Such a cool experience. WE used Liz Pereira to help us set up our excursions and she was a wealth of knowledge and so easy to work with. We are recommending her to our cousin and her fiance for their honeymoon!

3  Thank PukstaFam3
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Troy Lewis was our guide, excellent at showing us the beautiful sights. Beautiful island. Just needs better beaches but the island safari tours cannot fix that!

1  Thank Tmthurst
Reviewed February 14, 2012

if you are on the island of st kitts, are in the mood for a little sightseeing, and have specific destinations in mind, as well as the desire to see it from the residents' view, try these guys. young troy lewis is at the port when you get past the security gates and into the main fray. he seems to sell the tours for his two drivers, scotty, andtrevor. we did not meet trevor, but were negotiating with a cabbie to show us his islnad. the cabbie was simply too hard to understand and was a little tempermantal. we saw troy standing nearby and asked if he could help. the cabbie got angry and shooed him away. we walked over to talk to troy, who said it is not fair for us to deal with him until we have either reached an agreement with the cabbie, or decided not to go with him. we decided to talk to troy and told him there were places we wanted to go, and also we wanted to see the "cool stuff" on the island. appenatewntly he sells the tours for his two drivers and takes the third party himself. they try to get two tours in a day, each, but ours turned out to be the only one for our driver. troy gave us a price of $100.00, and said that we would have his driver at our disposal from what was about 10:00 am, til around 3 pm. we could go wherever we wanted, and would end up back where we started. the price covered all 4 of us, and our driver, scotty took us all over the island and proceeded to show us all kinds of local attractions and some ruins, the edge of the rain forest. he stopped wherever he thought would be a great place to take pictures, and gave us informationa ll day. his english was very good. he waited for us as long as we took at every location, and was very polite, making suggestions as to what we might want to see on the way to some of our pre-selected destinations. we went places that most tours probably never would go. this was a great day, and a great deal. i would highly recommend these guys. there were very flexible. we tipped scotty very well, as he truly earned it. if you are only there for a day and want to see a great deal of how folks live, and get a feel for the history and take in many of the sights, these are your ticket.

1  Thank theislanddog
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The four of us had a terrific time going on a tour of the rain forest with a great driver/guide named Scottie. He was very informative as he walked us through an exciting trail. My two daughters (7 and 10) had a blast. I would highly recommend!

2  Thank showells1