“Professional diving with a lot of fun thrown in”
Review of Dive St. Kitts

Dive St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located onsite at the Bird Rock Beach Hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shoredives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Elgin, IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional diving with a lot of fun thrown in”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Dive St. Kitts is one of the top safety conscious and fun dive operations that I've dove with in years. Great briefings and boat safety is top notch - a drift line and 2 - 15' safety lines with additional weights if needed - you don't see that every day.

I did the 6 day dive package and the crew did their very best to ensure I didn’t dive the same site twice. On my first day I showed up and was the only customer for the day. I was expecting them to say “Sorry, we cancelled today’s trip.” as I’ve heard that line from so many other charters throughout the years as profit was their only goal - not customer service. Instead, Danny and Crabby said “We’re going to have a great day of diving.” There’s no question that I rank Dive St. Kitts as one of the best dive charters yet that I've experienced. Great job Captain Crabby, instructor Danny, and up-and-coming dive master Tucker. Keep up the great work guys.

Someone a few days ago submitted a negative review about Captain Crabby. All I have to say to that is "WOW....really?" Ease up and relax on your vacation. Crabby is classic and adds the fun to the adventure. He is extremely knowledgeable on diving, boating, and safety. I brought my wife on board for a boat ride one day and Crabby and she talked the whole trip about everything from diving to life in general.

Stop searching for a dive charter on St. Kitts and make a reservation today with Dive St. Kitts. You'll have a great experience with some good laughs along the way.

1 Thank Kenard

San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dive operation, professional and personable”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We did 8 dives with Dive St. Kitts over the course of a week and each one was memorable. Captain Crabby and his crew (there you go, Crabby!) injected humor, fun and a little salt into a very professional operation. My wife and I had planned to do two dives and ended up adding six more.

Tony, the dive master on our first day, took us under his wing and gave us personal instruction and feedback so both my wife and I felt like much more capable and confident divers after the trip. Tony is really outstanding, is fluent in the flora and fauna of the sea and will get novice divers comfortable with their gear and the dives with ease. I would strongly recommend diving with him to any and all. Tony - Thanks for a great experience.

Danny, Tucker and the rest of the operation were enthusiastic and capable. All of our dives went like clockwork. We had as few as three people and as many as 9 on our dives but in each case the crew gave each passenger personal attention and care.

Travel to and between the dives was fast - Dive St. Kitts is within 2 minutes of some really great reef dives. All told, we dove wrecks and reefs, saw turtles, eels, rays, scorpion fish and a *giant* roughback stingray. Fantastic experience.

Captain Crabby is exactly the person you want running the boat. His manner may seem gruff to some, but he is looking out for his passengers, crew and boat and that is a job he does very well. As a long time offshore fisherman I appreciate this for what it is, an expectation of competence in his crew and cooperation from his passengers - this is a good thing. Buy him a Stag at Rocky's bar after your dive and you will discover his secret, he's really not that crabby at all.

Speaking of Rocky's - be sure to get some of Edna's rum punch. Edna tends bar and is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

1 Thank BruceNadelinSanDiego
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Life changing experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been home one day and I feel like a fish out of water. With the support and expert guidance of Dive Master Tony, I went from being an anxious newbie diver to dreaming of my next back roll into the beautiful deep. We started out with just 2 planned dives, but with the fun and highly professional family at Dive St Kitt's, 2 turned into 6 and 6 turned into 8 dives. Tony provided concierge level service with a comfortable, easygoing style. After each dive, he always gave me a few tips to improve my diving. It didn't matter if we were a group of 3 or a group of 9, the personal attention was amazing. Dan and Tucker also dove with us. They took great care of us during the dive, on board, and back at the shop. Dan's love of diving and friendly manner were a big plus.
Captain Crabby is exactly who you want running the boat. He doesn't miss a thing and safety is his top priority. With grizzled wit and wisdom, he manages to keep a boatload of divers from hurting themselves, each other, and his boat.
The Dive St Kitt's experience goes beyond the dive. Our shuttle driver, driving "Provider", was always prompt on our morning pickup and flexible when we wanted to linger in Rocky's post dive. Don't miss the chance to meet Edna and enjoy a tasty rum punch and her company.
Treat yourself to Dive St Kitt's. I know that because of the excellent people and the awesome beauty of the dives, I will be a lifelong diver.

2 Thank Dani L
Damascus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Probie Divers Treated Like Royalty!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you are looking for a crew that will take care of you and treat you like your royalty, you want these guys! Our group consisted of two veteran divers (my dad and uncle) and the two probie divers (myself and my 15 year old son). Tony took excellent care of my son and I, allowing my dad to go off and enjoy his dive without having to worry about us beginners! We not only had a great time, got to see some amazing stuff, but we also learned some helpful tips to improve our diving skills! The boat captain was also wonderful! My dad, the veteran diver, was impressed with the entire operation. Prior to the dive they thoroughly briefed you on the dive sites. The equipment was well taken care of and high quality. I would highly recommend this group to anyone! Thanks Tony, your friends from Ohio!

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Overall, a very enjoyable dive”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The diving experience was excellent, all the staff were very knowledgeable, prepared and likeable. With a very big exception, the captain of the boat, "captain Crabby", is an extremely annoying individual with a foul mood. Why on earth would you have such a person in a business where you want to make your clientele have a good time?

Another minus experience was that after the dive, we were left in their restaurant-bar for almost an hour. We had to beg to be picked up by their shuttle so we could use the time we had left to see other parts of the island.

In summary, the diving experience was very nice, but they should send Captain Crabby to a crash course on congeniality and customer service.

1 Thank Fejikso