“We'll be back”

and up
Palms Court Gardens and Restaurant Day Pass
Ranked #10 of 43 things to do in Basseterre
More attraction details
Owner description: Palms Court Garden is the exquisite privately owned property with stunning views on the Basseterre harbour. Its lush beautiful gardens host a spectacular infinity pool (open for visitors, reservations recommended as chairs are limited) and bar, restaurant (breakfast & lunch daily, dinner only on Fridays & Saturdays) and the production site of Shell Works St.Kitts and its gift boutique. Visitors may watch as beautiful shell & jewelry creations develop right in front of their very eye. Shopping opportunity in the adjacent gift boutique.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Carlisle, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“We'll be back”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had a brief glimpse when we came here on Beulah's tour, and we loved it. We'll be back to spend the day when we return in February

Visited December 2013
1 Thank GRWright

Dania Beach, Florida
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

OMG!! What a beautiful place to spend a relaxing day! I toured the gardens with Beulah and there is no doubt in my mind that when I return I will be spending the day relaxing by the pool and shopping for beautiful shell Christmas tree ornaments.

Chester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Peaceful, tranquil, beautiful!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Best excursion of our entire cruise. We absolutely loved the infinity pool. The gardens were beautiful. The owners were very nice and made us feel right at home. Snacks and drinks were reasonably priced. Rest rooms were clean. The price was excellent.

1 Thank LUCIGO
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“What a View! What a Garden!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent an afternoon at Palm Court while our cruise ship was in port. We arrived in port at noon - late, for a ship - and spent the heat of the day touring Brimstone Hill Fortress. We arrived at Palm Court around 2:45 pm, hot and thirsty. I took one look at the infinity pool and was ready to jump in!
There was some initial confusion in that they seemed surprised to see us, but after some explaining all seemed fine. We were instructed to help ourselves to chairs. Unfortunately, there were none open. Since our tour company had payed in advance for us to have them, two plastic, folding chaise lounges were produced for us. I admit that I was jealous of the others with their nice, cushiony, wicker lounges, but laying by an infinity pool in the Caribbean is laying by an infinity pool in the Caribbean. I would have spread a towel on the cement.
The pool was cool and refreshing and the grounds are lovely. The flowers are beautiful. It's hard to imagine that it's all contained well within the city. I took the requisite "me in infinity pool with cruise ship in the background photo." With that view, it's impossible not to take a picture.
I found the afternoon there to be well worth the $10 admission. The next time our ship stops in St. Kitts we will definitely return to Palm Court. I'll just be sure to request one of the good chairs!

Hughesville, MD
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Nice place to relax”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

While staying at Marriott we decided to get a taxi and go to Palms Court Gardens for the day. We arrived around 10am. We were greeted by a very nice woman. She asked if we had reservations and we said no, which was no problem. We were the only ones there, we chose one of the day beds because the chairs did not have any shade. The crack of the day bed was green and wet from the recent rain. I did not like the look of the green, so I placed on of the large pillows over the green area and laid on the pillow. It was nice to relax and read my book. Soon another couple arrived and they too choose a day bed probably for the same reason to get some shade. The gardens are beautiful, the pool small and chilly but more than adequate. It was nice that the pool was an infiinitely pool. The view was beautiful and you could see the cruise ship docked in port. A couple hours later around 12:30p about 25 young people in their 20's arrived. They seemed very familiar with the place, jumping in the pool, lounging in the sun in the chairs and in the whirl pool. I spoke with one of the young men at the bar and learned that they were cruise boat staff. They said they come there every two weeks. At first I was worried that our day was going to turn into a frat party when the younger group arrived, but they were very well behaved having their fun for a few hours. The lunch was the best meal I had the entire week. I had shrimp in coconut sauce. It was nothing like I had envisioned, it was extremely good. It was more like a soup with a side of rice. My husband very much enjoyed his meal as well, I do not remember what he ordered. When we left around 3:30p, the woman was trying to persuade us to stay longer, stating she didn't close until 5p. It was a very nice day for a good price, only $10 per person to use the facilities and they took credit cards. One negative is that they only have one bathroom but with that being said, I never had to wait when I needed to go so it wasn't really an issue. I would recommend going to Palms Court Gardens for the day if you were staying in St. Kitts for several days. Although a nice way to spend the day, I would probably choose to go elsewhere if I were only in St. Kitts for a day (like on a cruise).