“Wonderful atmosphere, delicious seafood”
Review of Sprat Net

Sprat Net
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Basseterre
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Sprat net is wonderful restaurant located approximately 20 minutes north of Basseterre in Old Road Village. It is right on the water and is open for dinner. The owners are fishermen who go out in the morning and then serve their daily catch in the evening. They serve bbq lobster, ribs, chicken, steamed catch of the day fish, and wonderful pizzas. It is casual with ample seating and a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea. Prices range from $10US to $30US for dinner. They also have a full bar.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our driver recommended Sprat Net, and suggested that we go on Wednesday night for the live music. We arrived fairly early, 5:30ish, and they weren't ready to start serving food so we ordered a drink and sat outside by the ocean and enjoyed the view.

A very simple place, you'll sit at picnic tables and the wind will occasionally blow smoke from the barbecue your way. You can watch them pull your lobster from the tank, and my understanding is that everything here is just that fresh. My red snapper was delicious, with seasoning that reminded me of Old Bay seasoning.

The band spent nearly an hour warming up, going from Caribbean Muzak, to some pretty good jazz. When they started playing and singing they were not too bad, and we enjoyed dancing. A friendly crowd, the evening was festive.

Invest and evening here and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank SLSteve

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Best bet is a Wednesday night when there is local music on tap. Cheap drinks and good bbq ribs/chicken. Lobster overpriced. Relaxing and fun to eat on benches with the Caribbean Sea breaking underneath you. Nice local atmosphere.

2  Thank Sophi N
Reviewed May 12, 2013

the atmosphere was great, music playing in the background, great drinks, and the lobster was to die for.i go here once a year and pig out, its worth the drive.

2  Thank Terry N
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My travel companions raved about the lobster choice on the chalkboard menu. I am allergic to shellfish so had the ribs and chicken combination instead. The chicken was good but unfortunately I did not like the chewy ribs. The menu is quite limited and you are seated at picnic bench like tables. The locals come here but you do not need a reservation. Cannot be reached by phone, email or website. Quite a drive also from the Marriott beach club.

2  Thank Ellynn B
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Sprat net is a very local, non pretentious place. Our guide, David Swanston recommended this. We were very pleased. The owner catches the food here (daily). I do not even normally eat lobster, but grilled lobster here is amazing. I could not get enough. They have a stage with live music. It is on the water. Picnic tables, local beers, etc. We had a combination of whole snapper, ribs, chicken, and whole lobster. Wear your jeans and dive into some delicious food.. feel the local energy.. I will be back for sure!

3  Thank Guitarwoman