“Lovely Dining Experience”
Review of Serendipity

Serendipity
Reserve with OpenTable
Serendipity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Basseterre
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Went with a group of 4 to celebrate a birthday.
We were first served complimentary appetizers of Grouper in curry sauce which we all enjoyed . Warm dinner rolls with 3 choices of spreads were next. We ordered
Caesar salads and Buffalo Mozzarella salad which were very good:
I had the Grouper over Jasmine Rice with a saffron sauce and it was delicious.
Everyone in the group enjoyed their meal. Dessert was yummy and our birthday boy was presented with a sparkler in his !
Server was attentive and pleasant.
We will definitely return on our next visit to St Kitts.

1  Thank OnTheWay208

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We chose Serendipity to celebrate my husband's 60th Birthday together with another couple. We sat at a table where the shades were rolled up so we could feel the breeze and see the view. He had a caesar salad and the strip loin. I had the mixed tossed salad and the grouper with shrimp. The restaurant gave us a complimentary appetizer which was grouper in curry sauce. For dessert we had the apple crumble. The meal was amazing. We all agree that the food was DELICIOUS and the service was GREAT. Thank you Serendipty for a memorable evening.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

First of all, I am on the island for several months so I can compare this experience to many other restuarants that call themselves fine dining. This is not a place to go if you are a foodie, like a nice view, or want to get eaten alive by mosquitoes.
I was there on a Tuesday night-only 2 other tables were occupied. I ordered the charcuterie plate. It consisted of an olive tapenade (average), pace picante sauce (WTH!), some lettuce with a french dressing on it (salad on a charcuterie plate?), cotto salami, walnuts (stale), prosciutto (edible), and sun-dried tomatoes (rancid). The sun-dried tomatoes almost made me puke and set the tone for the rest of the meal.
Next was the $11 caesar salad. It was romaine lettuce that was so light I almost thought it was iceberg. I asked for extra anchovies. The sauce tasted like mayonnaise that has a little ranch mixed in, The anchovies were 2 little pieces of fish and the croutons were stale. I took one bite and sent it back in hopes that my entree would save the meal.
I ordered the "freshest fish on the menu (according to the server) which was Mahi Mahi. It was served gilled and over rice with a cream sauce and clams. It was tasteless and fishy smelling. And every other bight of the filet had huge bones. There is nothing worse than taking pensive bites of your food so that you don't swallow bones or crunch them in your teeth.
The view was nonexistent as they has thick plastic covers over the porch windows that allowed for no view due to their opaque quality. This kept the evening breeze from blowing hard enough to keep the mosquitoes out. I left with 8 bites which is frustrating and unnecessary. I mentioned that there were mosquitoes to the server and she asked me if I wanted some bug spray. Um no, I'm not going to spray repellent in a restaurant with other patrons there!

The final bill was $68 and I can tell you that it was worth about $8.
If you cannot even master or handle a caesar salad, you're in real trouble.
Skip this place unless you just don't really care about food or ambience.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Hubby & I enjoyed dinner last week- both had Seafood Melody. Delish! Staff were friendly, service was great. The veranda had shades to block the wind - good. They were frosted so no view - bad, but forgivable. Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed!!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Was staying next door at the OTI hotel, decided to give this place a try. Found the food was just average and overpriced for the small portions they serve.