“Great 12 dives”

Kenneth's Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on Bay Road in Basseterre and just minutes from the Cruise Ship Terminal at Port Zante and our dive boats depart from the marina adjacent to Port Zante. We also offer complimentary transfers to and from all hotels in the Frigate Bay area. With two custom dive cats 40' & 50' long and a 32' speed boat, we are able to cater to small and large groups. Our dive boats are equipped with top of the line snorkeling and Scuba equipment, and our dive cats are the only dive boats on the island with an on-board restroom. Easy entry and exits, experienced PADI Instructors and boat crew, equals the most safe and enjoyable excursions on St. Kitts. We cater to first time divers, as well as those with lots of experience, and offer an array of PADI certification classes on request. Having discovered or created many of the dive sites in St. kitts, and with over 40 years experience diving the waters of St. Kitts & Nevis, you will be offered more variety of diving, and personal service! We look forward to having you join us. For reservations, please contact us. CHEERS!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was on the island from 6-13- to 6-26. My wife and loved diving with Kenneth and crew.
We dove with Kenneth on some occasions but also had the privilege of diving with Vijay (excuse spelling) one of his other dive masters. I can't say enough about how well he know how to keep everyone safe and he knows where to find all the animals. The Dean of the Vet school went with us on our last dive... She was looking for some rare Blue fish ... and Kenneth found it.

My wife had an ear problem and he worked it out to have her enter the water first using the decent line. Once she was comfortable the other divers on the party could enter and join my wife. I was impressed that he wanted everyone in the party to enjoy the dive, not once did he pressure her to go down or make her feel like she was holding up the party. I am truly thankful to have dove with him.

Todd Suzuki
Los Angeles CA

1  Thank Todd S

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We would definitely dive with Kenneth's Dive Center again! My wife and I were on a 7 day cruise and had heard of Kenneth's Dive center - so we decided to go and it was great!

My wife and I were treated to a great dive, and the divemaster couldn't have been more helpful, He and his staff when out of their way to give us what we wanted, while keeping us safe. He's very experienced and allows you to have your fun but keeps safely a top priority.

The dive site was perfect and wan't too commercial or crowded.
If you're in the Caribbean and want to dive, this is the place to go!!

1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Kenneth's was awesome! We booked them through the cruise ship and despite it being available to thousands of people, there were only 7 in our group.
We dove with Vijay (sp?) and another nice man whose name I don't remember. They were friendly and very helpful. They set up all of our gear, which was in great condition, made sure we were all clear on hand signals, gave us briefings about the boat and dive sites, and took care of everything after our dives.
The first dive site we did was a reef, which was brilliant with different kinds of coral and animals. We saw some gigantic lobsters and a stingray, in addition to many different kinds of fish including a Spanish mackerel.
The second dive we did was a wreck dive, the River Taw. There were so many things to see and the wreck was so full of life, it was amazing!
This was my husband and my first big open water dive, so we were a little apprehensive about it. Vijay made us comfortable and made everything so easy that we had a really great time.
I would definitely book with Kenneth's again. They were marvelous!

1  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We dove with Kenneth's Dive Center during a stop at St. Kitts while on a cruise. We walked directly to the dive boat, which was nice (no shuttle vans). The boat was larger, with about 15 divers, at all levels. We usually don't like larger groups, but our options were limited for diving, so we just went with it.

Pros - The boat captain was terrific, very friendly and helpful. The dive sites were good, a reef dive then a wreck.

Now for the cons - When I told the divmaster how much weight I needed, he started arguing with me about it. I'm a SCUBA instructor and know how much weight I need. I prefer to dive a pound heavy and know what I'm doing. After arguing about it, he only gave me the weight he thought I should have. When I got into the water, I couldn't descend and had to go back to the boat to get more weight. Why couldn't he have just listened to me in the first place?

The second con is that when my husband ran low on air, the divemaster just pointed to the boat on the surface and told him to ascend by himself. Not very safety conscious or supportive of the buddy system.

Finally, when I was taking video of a small spider crab, the same divemaster swam up, picked up the crab, and started playing with it in his hands. It was obvious I was trying to video the little guy, so he ruined my "kodak" moment.

I know I'm emphasizing the downside of this operation, but it shows how one poor employee can ruin an experience.

Overall, I'm not sure I would use these guys again. It would depend on whether or not this particular divemaster was on the boat.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I showed up in St Kitts looking for a dive center for a quick couple of dives while our cruise ship was in port. Our taxi driver took us to Kenneth's Dive Center. Kenneth was very great to work with. The dive boat had already gone out, but he called them and the boat came back to the dock to get us while Kenneth rushed us to the dock in his bus. On board we had a great time. The staff was great and Wendy our dive master was outstanding. The boat was set up perfect for diving with plenty of room and easy entry and exit. The diving was better than expected, but the staff was what made this dive trip so much fun. Don't be fooled by the look of the shop in town or Ken's bus. They may not look like much but this was one of the best diving experience's I have had in 20+ years of diving.

1  Thank Klint A