“Best Scuba Diving EVER!”

Kenneth's Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on Bay Road in Basseterre and just minutes from the Cruise Ship Terminal at Port Zante and our dive boats depart from the marina adjacent to Port Zante. We also offer complimentary transfers to and from all hotels in the Frigate Bay area. With two custom dive cats 40' & 50' long and a 32' speed boat, we are able to cater to small and large groups. Our dive boats are equipped with top of the line snorkeling and Scuba equipment, and our dive cats are the only dive boats on the island with an on-board restroom. Easy entry and exits, experienced PADI Instructors and boat crew, equals the most safe and enjoyable excursions on St. Kitts. We cater to first time divers, as well as those with lots of experience, and offer an array of PADI certification classes on request. Having discovered or created many of the dive sites in St. kitts, and with over 40 years experience diving the waters of St. Kitts & Nevis, you will be offered more variety of diving, and personal service! We look forward to having you join us. For reservations, please contact us. CHEERS!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My brother and I took the two tank certified dive with Kenneth’s Dive center and I have to say it was the best diving either of us have EVER done. We are definitely planning a 2 week trip back to St. Kitts and St. Martin next year. The captain was absolutely amazing. (I am sorry I can’t remember his name.) They fully explained the dives beforehand. I felt they really emphasized safety and fun. I am only certified to dive with a dive master, while my brother is open water certified, so he took the time to stay with me at the shallower depth while the others went on over the wall. He took me around, pointing and telling me the names of all the different fish and sea life on his underwater pad. Wendy went with us on our second shallower dive that was a wreck dive. These dive masters really know their reefs and know where all their “friends” live and take you by to see them.
I told them when I came back I would use them and complete my other two dives for my open water.
For cruise ship passengers this is absolutely the best. Just a couple minute walk from the cruise ship pier and you are there. Their boat is great. Large enough for a good size group with lots of crew for support. Easy to get on and off with full gear on. This does make a big difference! I asked a few people where some of the best diving is in the Caribbean and they were right when they said St. Kitts.

3  Thank DaniGus
in 11 reviews
"safety"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2011

So nice! They transport you, take care of your gear, go to great sites, give excellent briefings, and really work to show you great stuff all dive long. Wendy Crown is a fantastic dive group leader. Vijay also is wonderful, he just wasn't our group leader so my experience was primarily with Wendy. As a diving instructor and watching them operate I say well done and top notch!

5  Thank Gigidiver
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I needed to choose between Kenneth's and Dive St.Kitts. I chose Kenneth's because of his lengthy experience on the island. I was very happy with the whole setup. I did four days of 2-tank dives and went to a different site each dive, ranging from 100+ feet to 40-something feet. They picked me up at the Mariott, had equipment and tanks ready each time, and were very friendly and knowledgeable. The divemasters were attentive to new divers, and helpful to experienced ones. I was very pleasantly surprised at the many, healthy reefs and abundance of fish and critters.

5  Thank mlh060
Reviewed April 22, 2011

A short walk from the cruise dock we found a great boat with lots of room! Easy exit and entry a plus with side mounted ladder.

Wendy the dive master/instructor met us at the welcome center with a huge dive flag then led us on two of the best dives we ever had. We found her to be competent, confident,safe and loaded with charisma!

If you are going to St. Kitts via cruise ship you will not find a better dive operation in the Carribean.

7  Thank glassmates
See more reviews
Reviewed April 21, 2011

My brother and I were in ST. Kitts for an awards function and contacted Wendy Crown to see if we could arrange a dive. I am certified but my brother was not. Wendy explained that that wouldn't be a problem, my brother could take a short class in the morning while I went with Kenneth for a dive and then we could both dive together later in the afternoon.

Wendy picked us up promptly at 8:30 in the morning and took us to the beach where I was met by Kenneth and the boat. My brother stayed behind and Kenny took myself and 5 others out too a spectacular reef with a fairly steep drop off. The water was crystal clear and about 80 degrees. some wore wet suits, I only used a 1.5mil shirt. Lots of fish, rays and lobster.

After about a 45min dive, we went back into pick up my brother and the others that had taken the class.

The next dive was in about 40 feet of water and was a shipwreck where the boat had split in half. nearby was also a jeep and a buldozier. Again crystal clear water with lots of marine life.

We did 2 more dives a couple of days later and can't wait to go back :-)

5  Thank jhurs002