“Complements the Town Nicely”
Review of Seaview Inn

Seaview Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Basseterre B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2012

There are some places (in Africa) where I'd be happy to find a hotel like this. And, considering this is the only lodging option walking distance to the ferry terminal in this town, I was glad to find the Seaview. Nothing else about the experience was good -- except getting out early the next morning. Located near dirty food markets, and next to a KFC restaurant (safest nearby dining option), behind a security door opening onto a stairwell at the top of which you are buzzed in -- to a restaurant. The sixteen or so rooms of the Seaview are down a side corridor where out the window are views of alleys and backs of buildings. Totally seedy set-up. Small room, cheaply furnished and kind of battered. TV barely usable, internet too slow to stream, AC was strong and drafted right over the bed. This is a one-night transit stop. For 75 usd and all the hallway shouting, screaming, slamming and banging included free. Management was timely and efficient in responding to reservation requests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Paubranco

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is good value for money, and well-located in Basseterre (very near ferry port). Javier, who handled my booking, was super friendly and helpful. He even gave me a lift to a local restaurant when the one at the hotel was shut (it was a Sunday night). I also ate in the Seaview and the food was nice too. The rooms are a bit dark, but the A/C was cold, and it was clean and quiet. It was a good place to be based for exploring Basseterre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cazzakstan
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Booked this place based on the reviews I read! Great value i comparison to the cost. Well, yes the rooms are dark and maybe not a place where you'd plan you honeymoon vacation, but the A/C and TV-set worked fine. Very helpful staff, good central location near groceries shops and the bus station. Enjoy the activities down below from the lovely balcony with a cold beer and a zoom lens camera.

I'd certainly come back again and stay if it was for a couple of days only.

Room Tip: Good value for money and great location....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank michael c
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night after reading the reviews on trip advisor. On making the booking, Alex who handled the booking was very helpful. I explained I wouldn't be arriving until late, 10 or 11pm. On the night, Alex arranged a taxi to pick me up from where I had been attending a function. I duly arrived at about 11-30pm. Alex was there to greet me, and show me to my room. The room was basic and clean, with tv and a/c, and a shower room. I left at 6-45am, so am unable to comment on any other areas of the hotel.
If you are looking for a clean, cheapish hotel, for a couple of nights in the middle of downtown Baseterre, then I suggest this one

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Magicwelshwizard
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Casual hotel near harbour, great for ferries to Nevis. A/c was poor in sparse room. Not a hotel to base your holiday from more like back packing. Despite this the manager (Rafael?) was incredibly friendly and helpful as were all other staff. Great verandah for watching life go past near the bustling harbour and central for all the main sights in Basseterre

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelscot127
Reviewed April 21, 2011

My sister and I stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was perfect for walks in town and close to the bus station where buses in the form of taxis took us to Brimstone. We also made tours. We had very good breakfasts which Alex the manager made. On the Sunday of our stay we suddenly asked if he could give us dinner and that was no problem. He also helped us when we had problems with Greg tours. Our room had no noise except once from another guest.Ragnhild from Sweden

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wallessweden
Reviewed January 12, 2011

What more can I say, its expensive for what you get, but isn't everywhere in the Caribbean. Nice balcony, poor wifi.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LondonDylan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basseterre
Sugar Bay Club
Philsha's Guest House
Philsha's Guest House
#5 of 6 in Charlestown
St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino

Been to Seaview Inn? Share your experiences!