“Nice garden and batiks” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
St Kitts ATV Excursion
Ranked #3 of 42 things to do in Basseterre
More attraction details
Owner description: This old plantation estate houses the Caribelle Batik works. You can watch colorful, tie-dye clothes being made.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice garden and batiks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The batiks are nice. As mentioned it is touristy but the grounds and gardens are nice. We combined it with a hike in the rainforest which can be accessed in the parking lot above the Romney Manor turn at the zip line tour so that added to the enjoyment of the day.

Toronto, Canada
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great gardens”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

A visit to Romney Manor consists of seeing the very nice gardens and learning about the production of batik wear.

The grounds are very nice but unfortunately there is no manor house. There are lots of different plants and trees in the garden but no information is provided, so you really must have a knowledgeable guide.

The ladies seem to like the batik wear - it did nothing for me.

Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Bit Touristy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

While the grounds are as beautiful as everyone says I found the whole place to be a bit touristy, not to mention being over run with tourist. The Batik factory was interesting but in all honesty it just felt like a giant souvenir shop set up for all the tourist that were visiting. We visited as part of our day in St. Kitts, however I would not make a special trip or go out of my way to visit again.

Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Absolutely a must visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We did a tour of the island and this was one of my favorite! The grounds are absolutely beautiful..we loved the Caribelle Batik and the beautiful paintings! I highly recommend this visit

1 Thank JulieOhio
Portland, Maine
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Beautiful landscaping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to go to the batik factory, so the gardens were a nice addition. We paid a taxi driver $60 total round trip to go the fortress and here, from the cruise ship pier. The price was worth it to us for all we saw/did, but I'm not sure I would just single out this stop for just the gardens. If you want to buy some batik products and see the fort too, I would recommend the trip.