“A Bit Touristy”

and up
St Kitts ATV Excursion
Ranked #3 of 42 things to do in Basseterre
More attraction details
Owner description: This old plantation estate houses the Caribelle Batik works. You can watch colorful, tie-dye clothes being made.
Atlanta, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Bit Touristy”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

While the grounds are as beautiful as everyone says I found the whole place to be a bit touristy, not to mention being over run with tourist. The Batik factory was interesting but in all honesty it just felt like a giant souvenir shop set up for all the tourist that were visiting. We visited as part of our day in St. Kitts, however I would not make a special trip or go out of my way to visit again.

Ohio
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Absolutely a must visit!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We did a tour of the island and this was one of my favorite! The grounds are absolutely beautiful..we loved the Caribelle Batik and the beautiful paintings! I highly recommend this visit

1 Thank JulieOhio
Portland, Maine
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Beautiful landscaping”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I wanted to go to the batik factory, so the gardens were a nice addition. We paid a taxi driver $60 total round trip to go the fortress and here, from the cruise ship pier. The price was worth it to us for all we saw/did, but I'm not sure I would just single out this stop for just the gardens. If you want to buy some batik products and see the fort too, I would recommend the trip.

Jenks, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful flowers at the Romney Manor”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We did not know about this place until our driver, Annie took us here. The place is lush green with beautiful flowers. I would recommend staying at least an hour. I would also recommend using Annie as your tour guide. She taught us a lot about the culture and history.

Visited January 2013
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Worth visiting”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

For those who love gardens, these were well-groomed and lovely. A tranquil walk. For those who are interested in local handicrafts, the batik was well-explained, and the store had many types of batik goods - clothing, key chains, table linens.

Our visit was part of our cruise excursion. My only complaint was our 30 minutes here was too short! (but it depends what you like, for some, this was long enough)

Visited January 2013