“The tour of a lifetime”

and up
St Kitts Sightseeing Tour to Brimstone Hill Fortress with Beach Visit
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Congratulations to Captain Sunshine Sunshine Tours of St kitts for winning another year of Certificate of Excellence 2016 .New and most exciting St. Kitts include our featured Sunshine 360 Tour and beach cool down.Come explore and experience lovely St kitts in a unique and comprehensive manner and take in Island's cool Atlantic Breeze. As a proud recipient Winner of 2013 Certificate of Excellence St kitts Captain Sunshine Shore Excursions/Beach Water Sports and Travel Activities now offers exciting Fall Special and unbeatable deals for Cruising Excursions Passengers and Visitors alike. Enjoy a wealth of mesmerizing beaches and immerse yourself by swimming, snorkeling, kite and fly boarding or simply discover St kitts Scuba Diving Island Adventure. Partake of One (1)complimentary St kitts Open Air Safaris trip per family of five (5) to ten (10) passengers compliments St kitts Tours / Beach Excursions. Book now and take full advantage. Prices are much lower that Cruise liners. Enjoy the best St kitts( St Christopher) has to offer with St kitts Captain Sunshine Tours and beach massages services. From touring in St kitts on an Island Safaris Shore Excursion ,let the remarkable Captain Sunshine Brothers personalised Island Activities for your family that you'll never forget in tropical paradise St kitts! At St kitts Nevis Sunshine Travel Tours and Shore Excursions we offer a magnificent Island Safari Tours and activities ,accredited as one of the best excursions in the Caribbean.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Epsom, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The tour of a lifetime”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This excellent tour was both fun and informative. Our tour guide,Devon, was a delightful young man, and was able to give us an insight of the history and surroundings of Basterre. He was detailed and confident with what he was saying, and even giving us a laugh. This fantastic tour is family-friendly, and I strongly advise for others who are visiting St. Kitts to book with Captain Sunshine tours!

1 Thank naz_rasan19

Greenfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time going round the island , picked up from the cruise port and dropped of on time. Lots of information great for the price we paid.

Hermiston, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Late with no apology”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We felt we were not a priority for Kenny on this tour. We were to meet at 9;00 a.m. and we finally had to call Kenny at 9:30 to see where he was and he was on his way, got there about 9:40, with no apology. He had his daughter with him and we took her to school, we then met his dad and his monkey, we saw where he lived and grew up. We then got gas, got Kenny something to drink for his lunch, went to a fort, went to a rain forest where he showed us where he use to play as a child. We then went to see where Batik material was made. We then pulled off the road at some point in the middle of nowhere and he met his brother to exchange money, he then took us to the beach for about 30 to 45 mintues, barely any time to enjoy the beach and water. He then took us back to the ship. Kenny gave us no history or information about the island unless we asked him. We were so disappointed with this tour, it felt like a total waste of time, and we paid quite a bit when we compared our day with other people from the ship and what they did on St. Kitts. Would not recommend Captain Sunshine to anyone.

4 Thank Louise W
Jefferson City, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Getting around”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Roper's for the cab drivers were very rude and aggressive, almost ruining the visit. Remember you can just say NO. We when in on Carnival Valor had lots of fun sightseeing and shopping. South Frigate beach is a beautiful beach.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Looking forward to our next adventure on St Kitts with Captain Sunshine!!!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

NOTE: Tripadvisor does not allow me to select the visit date as December 2012. So, I have selected the closest date. Sorry about that readers. In that way, Tripadvisor is limited. But, please do read on. Thank you.

In addition, I was forced by Tripadvisor to select one of the options in "Does this attraction have the following?" Sorry about that. But, I am certain that Captain Sunshine will allow you to stop to purchase food. Do not remember if he had refreshments for sale on his vehicle. Sorry about that. But, we did not purchase refreshments on our trip.
****

On December 27th, 2012, in St. Kitts, we bumped into Captain Sunshine again on the beach at the Marriott Hotel. My husband and I met him a year earlier on Fort Street in downtown Basseterre, and were hoping to run into him again so that we could go on the Rain Forest tour with him. So, we were delighted to see him. Captain Sunshine started on a journey to take me, a Kittitian local living abroad, on an adventure of discovery. I had never seen the rainforest before. So, I was excited to see it, and for the first time, take my family with me.

We immediately booked a tour, and awaited his collecting us at my Uncle's house that Saturday. We were the only ones on the tour - seven of us. So, it was really lovely to be doing this activity as a family. So, in addition to the four of us, we included two cousins and our younger daughter’s high school friend who traveled from Canada with us for a Christmas in St Kitts.

We piled into his vehicle, and Captain Sunshine, on hearing that my husband went bird watching with Percival Hanley earlier that morning, took us on the highway on the North West part of Basseterre, to see some birds nesting in the trees. They were the Cattle Egrets. It was wonderful to see this sight.

When I lived and grew up in St Kitts, I took all of this for granted: bird watching, going into the rainforest. Those things were not on the agenda back then.

After that, we headed to the South West end of the island. We turned off the main road to head to the Wingfield-Phillips Rain Forest. However, on the way, the Captain stopped at the Carib rock carving. We jumped out of the truck and were promptly introduced to his father. It was wonderful to meet him and get some background on the Carib rock carvings. As a child, I heard of this, but until that day had never seen it.

We headed back up the mountain, and he took us to the rainforest. The first thing we saw was two persons draped in white. They seemed to be worshiping or meditating. The forest itself was majestic and serene, but these two people brought such a sense of reverence to the place that we pocketed our cameras, and gently walked by, trying not to disturb anything. We took no photos at that time. William Wordsworth's nature poems were in my head at this point, and these people reminded me that "there is a spirit in the woods," and that "spirit" was more than nature that day: it was the spirit of something Divine and serene.

We continued on our way, and Captain Sunshine pointed out the various plants to us. Many of them have escaped my memory. But, I do remember his picking up Almonds from the ground, beneath the almond tree, and breaking them open. For the first time, my daughters tasted fresh, raw Almonds. It took me back to my childhood, when the Almond Walk was an adventure I looked forward to every year.

Once that was done, Captain Sunshine started to drive us back to Basseterre, but we asked him to take us around the land, and he did. He was amazing! He took us to Black Rocks - another sight that I had never seen before. He took us to Ottley's Plantation, and then along the way he cut cane for us, and for the first time ever, my children and my husband enjoyed fresh sugar cane. A childhood memory re-enacted once again, thanks to Captain Sunshine!

We are looking forward to returning to St Kitts and going on another adventure with Captain Sunshine.

I have been working on writing this for over a year - one thing or the other derailed my completing it. But, I always remembered Captain Sunshine, and that I wanted to write about the adventure he took me and my family on. The Captain has been patient, and I much appreciate that. But, I always remembered my promise, because of the Captain’s kindness and sincere spirit. We were honoured to have met him and to have gone on that Saturday adventure with him.

Thank you Captain (Kenny). Until we meet again, we wish you health, success in following your dreams, and lots of good people to take on journeys around the most beautiful place on the planet: St Kitts.

Visited February 2013