“Loved the tour and rainforest hike with Devin!”

St. Kitts Captain Sunshine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Congratulations to Captain Sunshine Sunshine Tours of St kitts for winning another year of Certificate of Excellence 2016 .New and most exciting St. Kitts include our featured Sunshine 360 Tour and beach cool down.Come explore and experience lovely St kitts in a unique and comprehensive manner and take in Island's cool Atlantic Breeze. As a proud recipient Winner of 2013 Certificate of Excellence St kitts Captain Sunshine Shore Excursions/Beach Water Sports and Travel Activities now offers exciting Fall Special and unbeatable deals for Cruising Excursions Passengers and Visitors alike. Enjoy a wealth of mesmerizing beaches and immerse yourself by swimming, snorkeling, kite and fly boarding or simply discover St kitts Scuba Diving Island Adventure. Partake of One (1)complimentary St kitts Open Air Safaris trip per family of five (5) to ten (10) passengers compliments St kitts Tours / Beach Excursions. Book now and take full advantage. Prices are much lower that Cruise liners. Enjoy the best St kitts( St Christopher) has to offer with St kitts Captain Sunshine Tours and beach massages services. From touring in St kitts on an Island Safaris Shore Excursion ,let the remarkable Captain Sunshine Brothers personalised Island Activities for your family that you'll never forget in tropical paradise St kitts! At St kitts Nevis Sunshine Travel Tours and Shore Excursions we offer a magnificent Island Safari Tours and activities ,accredited as one of the best excursions in the Caribbean.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were on a cruise and did not see any cruise excursions that interested us. We went on
http://www.cruisingexcursions.com/ and found the rainforest hike, Romney Manor-Batik tour and beach excursion and decided to give it a try in St.Kitts. We got off the ship and found Devin with his sign to greet us. Devin was very cheerful and reassuring since I forgot to bring my confirmation letter with me. He had our names listed and there was no problem. He waited patiently for others to arrive then we were off. The rainforest hike was really cool! Devin taught us about the various vegetation, fruits and waterfalls. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and appears to love what he does! He was very accommodating and respectful when a cranky older couple wanted to cut their tour short (not sure why, maybe some physical ailments), so he brought them back to the port and asked if we would like to continue on our tour to the beaches and overlooks. We were so happy we did as we experienced such spectacular views at the fortress, overlooks and beaches! We would have missed the best part! Thank you Devin for such a wonderful tour! You were awesome!

1  Thank Brenda T
in 6 reviews
"vegetation"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I visited St. Kitts as part of a cruise and I had found the reviews about Captain Sunshine on Trip advisor. Kenny was very proactive about emailing and calling to confirm my reservation and seemed genuinely happy to have me signed up. I chose the Rainforest Tour & Beach Massage.

When the ship docked I had trouble finding where to meet at first but all I had to do was ask at the information booth and they directed me to where Devon (Kenny's Brother) was waiting with a sign and a Captain's hat.

Two other people off the boat had been scheduled to be on the tour with me but they didn't show up. Devon waited for a very long time and I shopped in the meantime but eventually he said that he wanted to make sure I got a good tour and decided to leave. He did apologize for making me wait but I told him I understood that he wanted to make sure the other two guests weren't coming and not just late.

Devon is an amazing tour guide! He is a local and really knows the history of the island and he was very very friendly. I should mention that I was a young female traveling alone and I felt totally at ease and safe the whole time. I felt like I was traveling with a friend.

We made some stops along the way, including the Rock mentioned in the other reviews. I should say, however, that I felt no pressure to buy anything. Obviously the option was there but I was never accosted or guilted into spending money on the artwork, although I did buy a bag of sugar cane a little boy was selling because it was $2 for a good sized bag. But I ended up sharing most of it with the kids playing in the yard anyway. I also met the monkey but wasn't harangued into paying money to take a picture with it.

The rainforest hike itself was AMAZING. I had a private tour of this fantastic jungle and I will never forget it. I climbed all the way up to the waterfall and Devon took video of me swinging from a vine that he said he would email to me. Also, because I was traveling alone, he offered to take pictures of me with my own camera so I had some far away shots. Just very very helpful and courteous.

Kenny (captain sunshine) was in charge of my massage and he was just as courteous and happy as his brother. The beach was very out of the way and is used by local fishermen to go out and put out the nets. Kenny asked me specifically where I usually had trouble in my back so he knew where to focus on. He also used natural aloe straight from the plant instead of oil, which I thought was very neat.

There was a moment where, being a public beach, the massage attracted the attention of some locals and even though I was face down I could see them standing around watching in the reflection of my sunglasses that were beneath the face hole. All I had to do was tell Kenny that I was uncomfortable and he shoed every last one of them away and kept them at bay and they never bothered me again for the rest of the time there. He was very adamant that I feel comfortable and relaxed the whole time.

On the way back to the ship the three of us talked and I felt like they were talking to me as a person not just as a tourist or a guest. They're two really down to earth guys trying to turn their love of their island into a business.

I would definitely recommend this tour and if I had to go back I would take the hike up to the volcano!

3  Thank TravlinJenny
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Kenny 'Captain Sunshine' is a super friendly tour guide! He gave us a great tour of the island's highlights. He is reliable and reasonably priced. We had a blast! - Krista Carlson

1  Thank KristaCarlsonME
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a personalized tour with Kenney (Captain Sunshine) and got a bonus of having his young nephew Shane ride along with us. Our kids (both age 9) had a great time making a new friend with Shane. Kenney and Shane took us on a rainforest tour where they explained and showed us much of the local flora. We particularly enjoyed to "natural" tattoos he showed us that come from a local fern plant that has a white powder on its underside. Our kids thought it was awesome. We picked some wild limes and touched the "shy mimossa" plant. It was truely cool.

Shane is a budding tour guide. At age 12 he was very excited to show us his island, as well, as inquire about our local roots. Shane kept our kids entertained and they exchanged Skype info.

The Captain also took us to the Batik at Romney Gardens and drove us thru Port Zante. He explained several of the local sites to us along the way. We felt he tried very hard to make our day a memorable one, and it was.

Thanks Captain Sunshine. Shane, we'll see you on Skype.

Scott, Tina, Kevin and Alexa.

1  Thank Scott W