“Amazing!”
Review of Pro Divers, Inc.

Pro Divers, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Pro Divers St Kitts is the island's premiere PADI Scuba Diving facility We offer a personal service and a fun atmosphere which enables you to get the most from your St Kitts scuba diving experience. All dives are led by a Padi Instructor who will give you a thorough dive briefing and accompany you on your dive. We are a Padi 5 Star Dive Resort and the only 5 Star Padi Dive Resort on the island of St Kitts. We are located on the West side of the Basseterre harbour and just 7-10 minutes from the Frigate Bay resort area.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been diving for over 10 years and have never found a dive operation like this! Well organised, informative, friendly and great equipment in fantastic condition. Love that everyone has their own dive computer so you can go at your own time and are not all on top of eachother. I had such a great experience diving that I decided to do my Rescue dive course. Terry was a wonderful teacher, patient and thorough.

Thank you guys and hope to get to dive with you all again in the future.

2  Thank debdoig
There are newer reviews for Pro Divers, Inc.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I were able to take a wonderful vacation in March and stayed at the Marriott resort. We both wanted to try scuba diving but had not yet earned certification. Terry offered a tutorial at the pool so we decided to give it a whirl. So glad we did! He was able to take us out on the boat later that week and did a shipwreck dive as well as a reef dive. It was amazing to see and I have to say Terry is a brilliant instructor. I think if it had been anyone else we would not have felt safe enough, but this guy is the real deal...and very understanding and slow with us newbie divers. Cannot recommend highly enough!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just returned from St. Kitts where I went diving and completed my Rescue Diver certification with ProDivers, and in particular with Terry Crookes. Let me begin by saying that I first contacted Terry via email several months prior to my visit to discuss the process for completing the rescue diver certification. Terry was very informative, precise and friendly. He not only provided all the technical information I needed, but also happily gave me his perspective on the island restaurants, hotels, etc. I found this very helpful coming from someone who lives on the island, as it gave me a perspective different than that of a vacationer.

My first day with Terry and Austin was purely a recreational 2-tank dive of the wrecks River Taw and Talata. The boat was large and clean, and as I would learn later in the week, well equipped for emergencies. Austin led the small group I was with. His briefing was descriptive and thorough, I knew exactly where we would be heading once we hit the wreck. He also did a nice job in pointing out some critters I would have missed on my own. All in all a fun dive.

As for the Rescue Diver course, the feeling was more satisfaction and accomplishment (although Terry mixed in some fun). I have rarely come across a dive instructor as competent and professional as Terry Crookes. Terry was not looking to take my money and rubber stamp a certification. As the only student in the course, we worked for over four hours in a pool before we even hit the open water. Terry taught me many practical things that were not covered in the PADI materials – things that can only be learned through his years of experience. From detailed gear checks to a lesson on what is prudent to keep in your dive bag, Terry covered it all. In the open water Terry ran difficult multi-scenario drills which changed at a moment’s notice so that I would learn to be prepared for the unexpected. I found the drills he set up to be quite physically and mentally challenging. This was not a “check the drill, okay you pass” course.

In summary, I felt that I was in the experienced and capable hands of a TEACHER, rather than someone who merely had a license to teach a course. I completed the course feeling that if an issue ever arose, I was better qualified to deal with it having met and studied under Terry than I would be absent his guidance. In conclusion, if you want to become a rescue diver so that you have a new PADI card, you can go anywhere. But, if you want to really learn how to deal with a rescue situation, study under Terry Crookes. Thank you Terry, for your dedication.

1  Thank BFEIII
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just came back from a lovely trip and it's wasn't to the Milky Way, it was to St Kits and diving with Pro Divers. My daughter, Son-in-law, and I spent a week diving with Margot, Austin, Terry, and Jermain. We did a total of 18 dives over the course of five days, and every one of them was a gem. Our depths ranged from 90 feet to 35. We dove with beginners and advanced divers alike on board, and all were treated with the same professionalism we came to associate with this knowledgeable crew. While on board, gearing up for a dive, Jermain has his eye on everyone and everything, without being obvious. I watched him as he eyed everyone's gear as they prepared to giant stride off the boat, and if there was a problem he took care of it quickly and quietly. Jermain stayed on board while Austin and Terry accompanied us into the water. Before jumping in, on every dive Austin would go over the dive plan and tell us something about the spot, while Terry worked with the divers who were there completing various certification courses. For as many dives as we did, four a day most days, we only went on the same site twice and that was by my daughter's request. That site was the River Taw, which was so covered with life and teaming with fish, we couldn't photograph everything in one dive. After diving was done for the day, they kept our gear and had it rinsed and ready for us on board the next morning. We stayed at the Ocean Terrace Inn located on the hill just above the dive shop. The staff was always warm and courteous and the grounds were lovely. Check out the pictures on their website. New management has come in and they are in the process of giving the rooms a facelift, which they are definitely in need of. Aside from this, there is a lot to be said for rolling out of bed and down the hill into a dive boat every morning. From my room to the boat in under three minutes. I would do this combo again in an instant, and hope to soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived in St. Kitts via cruise ship and had booked an excursion through ProDivers based on TripAdvisor reviews and the seemingly excellent experience other guests had. Margot was excellent during the booking process and upon check-in the morning of the dive. However, we found Auston, the dive instructor, to be incredibly rude and unprofessional. He seemed annoyed with the group, like he was ready to be done for the day, and wasn't at all friendly during the dive set up or boat ride. He warmed up a bit once he could see I was visibly offended by his demeanor, but overall it ruined my dive experience.

2  Thank Andrea H
Auston M, Owner at Pro Divers, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Thank you for your candid review. I have corresponded in private about your comments and have yet to receive a reply. I can honestly say that I have no recollection of these events and without any specifics feel it is not appropriate to add anything further here.