“Pro Divers St Kitts - February 2013”
Review of Pro Divers, Inc.

Pro Divers, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Pro Divers St Kitts is the island's premiere PADI Scuba Diving facility We offer a personal service and a fun atmosphere which enables you to get the most from your St Kitts scuba diving experience. All dives are led by a Padi Instructor who will give you a thorough dive briefing and accompany you on your dive. We are a Padi 5 Star Dive Resort and the only 5 Star Padi Dive Resort on the island of St Kitts. We are located on the West side of the Basseterre harbour and just 7-10 minutes from the Frigate Bay resort area.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pro Divers St Kitts - February 2013”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have been with quite a few dive operators over the years, and Pro Divers is at the top of my list. Austin and Margo have put together a great crew from Jermaine, the dive boat assistant, to Terry Crookes their PADI Master Instructor. My dive buddy completed his AOW certification with Terry, while I completed my final specialty, peak buoyancy, for my master diver certification. During our instructional dives I was impressed by Terry's attention to detail and planning, which you can equate to safe diving. The following two examples speaks volumes to the kind of operation Pro Divers run. First, there were a few discover dive candidates that joined us during the week. In my discover dive experience, the operator provided very little training prior to our dive. This was not the case with Terry. He not only reviewed the simple skills needed for an enjoyable discover dive, but also did weight checks to make sure they were weighted properly. Second, Terry offered an Atlantic shore dive, where there would be no charge if we felt the conditions exceeded our comfort zone. They would not put pressure on a diver to attempt a dive at exceeded his or her abilities just because they paid for the dive - safety is their goal. My dive buddy and myself are better divers for having spend the week with Austin and Terry, and I thank them for the experience. We will definitely be back!! Bill H

2 Thank Bill H

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pro Divers”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location and very helpful owner and instructors. Put at ease even though not an experienced diver.

1 Thank joandaj
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Dive Company Yet”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I haven't been diving long but this was the most professional dive company I've dealt with so far. They had everything set up for us, Austin asked the group what they were interested in, and dove with us. Getting out and going for the second dive they were very organized as well. The dives were pretty good too but the company was terrific.

2 Thank Donn G
Peoria, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience for divers of all skill levels”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I visited St. Kitts on a cruise in September 2011. Austin and Margo personally picked us up and dropped us off at the pier and took us to their store front on the dock. Their boat was extremely clean and tidy, very organized and professional. We were very impressed with the quality and condition of the gear provided. At the time, we were beginner divers, but Austin and Germaine took great care of us. The dives were amazing, the ridge dive that we took is still one of our favorites that we've ever been on! Just stunning! Overall, I can't say enough good things about this shop, definitely use them if you are ever diving in St. Kitts.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michele P
Alexandria VA
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Like diving with your best friends”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a week of land-based diving after a week on a liveaboard. Auston & Margo (owners), Terry and Germaine made it a great week of diving. Some days, it was two afternoon dives, others, two morning dives. Pickup and dropoff from the Marriott was included. I had my own gear, but the rental gear looks relatively new. Auston goes to some sites that aren't marked, including one where you can feel the warm fresh water from volcano vents. Boat doesn't have a head (restrooms at dock), but most of the sitting area is covered from the sun. Was particularly windy and cold (water in the mid-70s) that week, and I was glad to have my 5mm wetsuit. If you're a day diver from a cruise ship, they'll be sure to get you back in time. Also do some morning snorkel tours (booze-free, if you want a party boat, go somewhere else). I'll be back next year. Note: the restaurant next to the dive shop doesn't open until 6:30 pm, so bring your own snacks.

Visited January 2013