“Pretty good Italian ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is not much to look at but the food is ok. We were warned to only order pasta or pizza and both were very good and we enjoyed our meal. No atmosphere to speak of but nice food.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We ordered meat balls to bring to our room with us and we got charged $21.00 US for 5 tiny meatballs. I can only image what it would cost for a full meal.

1  Thank jasmindakota
Ciao45, Owner at ciao, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

I sincerely apologize and so sorry for you being charged so much for the order of meat balls, it was a mistake from our staff as she chaged you for the whole order of spaghetti meat ball.
As you paid cash we had no ways to trace you.
Could you please tell me how I can refund you?
Do have a pleasant day.
Ilde Visinoni
Ildevisinoni@hotmail

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

It felt like we were entering the twilight zone. The owners, an older Italian couple were both there. The husband sat at a table in the bar area and the wife ran through a memorized list of specials. We ordered a bottle of Acqua Panna, some unmemorable entrees and a couple cocktails.. I don’t know what happened but as the water was being poured by the “toaster oven” girl (they make their bruschetta in the corner of the restaurant using a toaster over) the female owner stormed over and rolled her eyes at us and belittled the girl in front of us (picture Joan Crawford’s no more wire hangers scene) then sent her back to her corner. A few minutes later the male owner walks in the dining room from the bar, saunters over to the girl, says something to her and proceeds to punch her in the kidney! My daugter and I couldn’t believe our eyes. He slithered away and another server approached the girl and helped her compose herself. I’d like to say we said something or we left but we didn’t and I am still disappointed with myself. If we hadn’t been in a foreign country I would have never allowed such abuse. I lost my appetite and I left with a broken heart.

1  Thank xTraveLoverx
Reviewed March 18, 2018

We had a fabulous meal at Ciao as always. the owner makes fresh pasta daily. We were sad to find out that the owners lost their St marten restaurant which they had for 25+ years. For all that have been to Ciao please remember to keep them in yr prayers along with all of the other Caribbean people who are trying to rebuild their lives after two devastating hurricanes

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Make sure the will accept your credit card

Looks like they want cash to avoid paying taxes

Made all kinds of excuses nut not legitimate

2  Thank t0mmpt
Ciao45, Owner at ciao, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Good morning: Sir,
Here I am to clarify what you wrote about our Restaurant.
We do have two Credit Cards machines:
One in EXD (East Carribbean Dollar, local currency) and the other one in US$
I presume that the night you dined by us we had some issues with the C/C machine (maybe we had no internet connection due to some technical problem) that's why we were not able to do the transaction and not because we want to be paid in cash. You presumed that we accept cash to avoid paying taxes and this is not true as our checks: cash or C/C payments are first billed at the computer, they are then settled and all our checks are sent to our accountant and we pay the taxes. We do not write checks on ordinary booklets but they are as required through a proper system
I am really sorry for the missunderstanding.
We at Ciao do wish you a pleasant day.