“Authentic Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We did not a have reservations but were seated in a few minutes. A large party was arriving and the hostess made sure we got our order in quickly so we were not delayed for a long time. Would recommend the spaghetti Bolognese... the best I ever had! It was a delightful magical meal and time spent at Caio! Go there!

1  Thank 2wego

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I begrudgingly returned to Ciao after previously being unimpressed with the quality of the food. Not only did we all find the food underwhelming but the service was horrendous. We had to wait about an hour for our soup to arrive and then another half an hour for the entrees. A 2 hour dining experience with overpriced, bland food and little atmosphere. I would definitely not recommend this restaurant to anyone. So many better options on the island.

3  Thank Kyle M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

volume pasta with heavy cream sauce on all our entrees even the tomato based orders
if you really want to get toxic on carbs go for it
my side of fresh steamed veggies came under heavy camo (white sauce)

1  Thank TNgirl111
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very tasty food, polite servers, but mediocre atmosphere. Convenient location near the Marriott but we preferred Bombay Blues with better prices, food, and atmosphere--if you like Indian food.

1  Thank Expatinkitts
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Went based on TripAdvisor reviews. We walked from The Marriott Resort. Called Ahead and we were told to hurry down. So we got in the restaurant around 7 pm. Maybe a third full. Looked over the menu and my dining companion ordered the spinach pappardelle with lobster in a red sauce.
I had classic alfredo and agreed to the grilled chicken. Salad arrived Caesar (Nothing special and no anchovies). Dining companion had 'French' onion soup 1 glass of Antorini classico cab.
I was not crazy about the chicken on my pasta it looked a little 'grey'. I pushed it aside and did not bother eating it nor did I bring it to their attention.
We were given a medical school discount of 10% off the bill. Note to those attending any of the medical universities in the area - ask if you get a student discount on your food you might be pleasantly surprised. 1 soup - 1 caesar - 1 lobster special - 1 chicken alfredo - 1 glass of house red - 1 large Pellegrino - 1 tiramisu - Total out the door - $93.00 additional tip was added on top of this number. Looked like holiday regulars and east coast peeps. The place was packed by the time we finished our meal. We walked back to the hotel with another group of people saving $16. usd for the taxi ride. Home Cooking would go back.