“Good Lunch Place before Flying Home”
Review of Nirvana - CLOSED

Nirvana
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the new Nirvana - now offering Chinese and Pan - Asian Cuisine! At Nirvana you will savour the culinary creations prepared by Executive Chef, Mukesh Kumar and his Team offering authentic Schezwan, Cantonese and Hunan Chinese styles together with Thai cuisine. Also the only restaurant on island that serves authentic dim sum. Located adjacent to the historical Fairview Great House we look forward to welcoming you for Lunch while you relax and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and our sister island Nevis. Drop by and have a Cocktail, Mocktail or Wine at the bar or poolside. Or simply cap off your day with a sumptuous Dinner. Nirvana is also home to the "Caribbean Cooks Cooking Class". Conducted in our cooking room this presentation will appeal to the "Foodie" in you as you learn to prepare a full Caribbean meal.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We didn't find the food at lunch to be particularly exciting, but this restaurant is situated on lovely grounds with a great view of the Carribean and south toward Nevis, so it was a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine. I had two starters, the conch fritters which had both a much deeper seafood flavor and chunkier pieces of conch than ones I tried at a different restaurant. I liked these better, although they lacked being served with a flavorable sauce. I also had a variety plate of Carribean sausages which I don't even remember. One guest had the grouper entree which was a very nice serving size of well-prepared grilled grouper accompanied by a nice salad. Another guest had the roti which she said she liked but was spicy for her. Her spicey and my spicy are two different worlds, I didn't find it spicy at all. I had a Carib (local beer) and the others ice tea. One had a chocolate cake for dessert which was said to be tasty and good. The service here was a little more "island time" and, again, more noticeable during dessert and paying the bill than during the meal. The menu prices were in Carribean dollars, not US. The cost for the three of us was about $65 with tip.

There are newer reviews for Nirvana

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were quite late in arriving and even though lunch service technically had ended they graciously seated us and were treated to amazing food with views to match. We then realised there was more than meets the eye and found a beautifully restored plantation house with wonderful grounds. We spent the better part of two hours looking around and had we known we would have packed our bathing costumes and had a swim. This was all down to a wrong turn. Highly recommend for lunch and museum quality restored plantation house. The service could not be faulted!

1  Thank cwharfcouple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

During our visit we stopped at Nirvana for lunch. We weren't sure they were open but we were quickly seated upon entry. I ordered fried fish and jerk chicken along with a mango margarita. All were delicious! Grounds are beautiful and pool was a refreshing surprise for a lunch dip!

Kiran P, General Manager at Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for visiting Nirvana. We are so glad you were able enjoy our Tapas. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I made the short trip from our internationally known hotel. We were thrilled the restaurant was easy to find.

He had the seafood chowder as a starter while I had the pumpkin soup which our server recommended. Both were excellent!

He has the grouper sandwich served with French fries and slaw. My entree was the jerk chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries and cole slaw. Both the chicken and fish were moist and seasoned perfectly.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

What an absolutely beautiful place. We had been emailing back and forth prier to our visit to St.kitts. We were hoping to take a cooking class as well as enjoying dinner there. The weather did not permit us to join a cooking class, but we had a wonderful brunch and the opportunity to meet Chef Janice. Talking with her was so enlightening, she is such a great person.The grounds are just spectacular.We had a great time there. Thank you all .

Kiran P, General Manager at Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for visiting us after all the terrible rain TS Rafael brought us. We were so happy you were able to dine with us even tho you missed the Cooking Class. We hope to see you again soon.