“Awesome tour and cooking class!”

Fairview Great House & Botanical Garden
Ranked #24 of 82 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: Fairview Great House and Botanical Garden is an attraction like no other here in beautiful St. Kitts. Nestled at the foot of Olivees Mountain, is the island's newest and most unique attraction!!!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Basseterre, Saint George Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome tour and cooking class!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was amazing and the staff was great! I definitely recommend it! One of the best meals I have had living on the island. The tour was very informative and interesting

Visited June 2013

Kettering, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just go!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is an absolute must on your holiday, it ticks boxes you didn't know you had. Friendly, helpful and informative staff, beautiful surroundings, fascinating history and to top it all stunning food. Oh my! Take it all in but please, please, try the food prepared in front of you by Janice. If anyone tells you the food was anything but stunning just don't listen. My wife booked this trip for me from our cruise ship as she knows I'm a foodie, I visited many islands during our 16 day holiday and this tour was, without doubt, the best. The house sits high on a cliff overlooking an azure sea, and is surrounded by beautiful gardens, as you walk round the house and grounds your lovely guide provides information about the history of the house and insight into the various plants and flowers. All I can say is thank you to the staff, a special thank you to Janice for inspiring me to cook Caribbean at home and to anyone reading this, don't miss out go to the Fairview Great House.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Trevor K
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“To be missed!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had lunch here before taking the tour of the house and gardens. The food was passable but nothing worth an additional mention. The restaurant itself has lovely seating area with great views. On the day we went, we were the only ones in the restaurant at the lunch hour. This is probably because no ships were in port that day.

The tour is to be missed! There is a fee for this and our guide was not very informative. The house has been renovated in some areas and doesn't remain true to the original design or purpose. The colors are not even close to the original.

Saying that the grounds are botanical gardens is a real lie. The area is not well ,maintained and certainly lacks any real beauty usually assigned to a botanical garden.

I would definitely advise missing this attraction and spending your time on St. Kitts elsewhere!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ellynn B
Kernersville, NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun & Informative Cooking Class”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Caribbean Cooks class was a lot of fun. It was not only informative, but very entertaining and the dishes were scrumptious! Recipes were provided as a reminder of the wonderful food (including pork, fish, sides & dessert) that was prepared. Be sure to try the banana ketchup that was passed around with the chips at the beginning of class. It was unique and delicious. While the food was cooking, we took a tour of the gardens and learned about all of the beautiful flowers. Plus, there was a breathtaking view from the grounds, kitchen and Great House. Definitely recommend this tour!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RobinTom
Wellesley, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cooking class and botanical gardens”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Two of my favorite things! This excursion was a high point of our cruise. With our cruise group, we took a Caribbean cooking class. During breaks, we toured the plantation and botanical gardens. What an absolutely lovely spot! Gorgeous grounds and views out to sea. I'm so glad that someone repurposed this old plantation in this way.

Visited February 2013