“Good Half-Day Catamaran Sail”

Pereira - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 61 Tours in St. Kitts
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Liz did an excellent job setting up our half-day catamaran trip; I recommend using her. We were greeted just where she said that she'd be. A short walk to the harbor, paid our fee, and left the harbor on time. Antonio and his 3-man sailing crew were on top of it: sailing, getting us to a great snorkeling site, serving a good lunch, and, most importantly, keeping our drink cups full of tasty beverages. I recommend the Ting with vodka :) Liz didn't arrange for the sunny weather. But I've been on similar outings with over-full boats and crabby crews, stingy with the beverages. The elements under Liz's control were well done!

3  Thank kcwaldo

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I found the Pereira Day Tours on a google search. I emailed Liz and she responded promptly. I told her what I was interested in and she kept me up to date as the week of my vacation approached. She called the hotel once I was checked in to make sure I had arrived and gotten settled okay. She had also emailed me suggestions of where to eat and what to do in the area. I took the tour of St Kitts and had Rose as my tour guide. Rose was great. She was very knowledgeable and even made a little side trip at the group's request. We circled the whole island and visited Caribelle Batik, Brimstone Fortress, and the Black Rocks. Along the way, Rose answered any questions we had. It was a great way to see the island!

2  Thank KeelyMc
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Liz helped us from beginning to end. She arranged for us to be picked up at the airport and delivered back at the end of our trip. The drivers were knowledgeable and professional. Her reccomend actions for dinner were spot on as we dined at Spice Mill Restaurant and Reggae Beach Bar and Grill.
Liz arranged to have us picked up for the full island tour and our driver accommodated us on making a stop for lunch and a stop at the local grocery store. The all day catamaran cruise to Nevis was also great as promised. We had been on it 10 years ago and actually visited with one of the crew who was with us then.
We couldn't be more please with the service provided by Pereira Tours.

1  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, parents, and teenage sister recently booked a half-day deep sea fishing adventure through Pereira Day Tours. Our cruise ship was about 2 hours late getting in, as the sea was rough and the captain had a hard time docking. Despite being late, Liz was waiting for us, which was a pleasant surprise. We asked her if the weather was too bad to go out and she assured us that it was a beautiful day and she even showed us a map of the island and told us that the captain would be taking the boat around to the other side of the island where the water was calmer.

We were greeted by Captain Sam and Gubby. They were very friendly. We went out fishing and the waves were HUGE. The waves were so huge in fact that we talked with someone else on the cruise ship later who had gone out on a catamaran that day and the catamaran had flipped and injured passengers on board. I am very prone to sea sickness, but was wearing a patch and felt only mildly green. My sister on the other hand felt miserable. We stayed on the rough side of the island and never did venture over to the calm side.

Within the first half hour, the fishing seemed promising. We had 3 Mahi-Mahi bite the line, but all 3 let got. That is where the fishing ended for the next 5 hours. This was the one excursion my fisherman dad had really been looking forward to and we were very disappointed. We understood that this was called "fishing" not "catching" and that there was a possibility that we would not catch anything at all. However, when we had booked the excursion, Liz had told us that there were 10 lines on the boat and that we would each have a line. This was not true at all. There were only 5-6 lines out at a time and several of those lines were up on top with the captain and were not accessible to us. The tour was also supposed to include beer, water, and soda. There was no soda for those of us who are not beer drinkers.

At the end of the day, we ended up catching one barracuda, so at least we caught something. Overall, it was a very very very long, rough day that was highly disappointing, very expensive, and our least favorite excursion.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love adventure and know Liz can make that happen. However, since I had limited time on St. Kitts this trip, what I really needed was to get to know the island better. And, Liz totally delivered.

Not only does she have extensive knowledge of the island, but her easy-going attitude made the tour that much better. When I was ready to go, she was ready to go. When I wanted to linger, she was in no hurry. The fact that she also knows EVERYONE on the island, provided me with many new friends I'll be in touch with on my next trip to St. Kitts.

All-in-all, it was the perfect tour. I happily recommend Pereira Day Tours!

2  Thank johnnyisland