“Monkeys”

$90.00*
St Kitts 360 Island Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #35 of 83 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: A well-developed area including luxury hotels, a casino, golf course, yacht club and oodles of shops.
St. Thomas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Monkeys”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The island is pretty, however when getting off the ship you are immediately swamped with
vendors. DISLIKE that part....I know this is how the make a living but they are too aggressive. They also have monkey's everywhere and want you to hold them for money. Not a fan of that either.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank msfixit615

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were impressed with our first findings of St Kitts after disembarking the cruise ship. I asked a lovely taxi driver to take us to The Marriott, Frigate Bay. We agreed a price and he also asked if we would like him to pick us up later in the day and we agreed a time. However, he DIDN'T drop us at the Marriott, as we asked, but to Frigate Bay Beach! We stupidly paid the sunbed chap to sit on the most disgusting sunbeds I've ever seen, as per previous pictures posted.

The beach was black sand, ok, won't moan at that, but not my idea of paradise, but when I went into the sea, I was pummelled by stones/pebbles/boulders, which I could not cross without my water shoes, so had to get out. My husband thought I was exaggerating, until he tried to get in too, without success! I watched a lot of other people struggling to get in and if they did, getting out was even harder for them, and they were usually knocked down several times and crawled out in agony!

I moved my sunbed away from the empty ones, RIGHT next to me, as I didn't want to sit with strangers, as if we were together, and was promptly told to put my sunbed back in line! That was it! We were off! However, we were even challenged by a girl sat by the Restaurant asking if we were leaving (guess she was in on "it" with the taxi driver") - we actually felt the need to lie and say were was just going for a walk, to prevent any potential trouble!

We walked down to The Marriott Hotel and used their beach and poolside Restaurant and ended up having a lovely day - I would recommend that beach!!!

Visited March 2014
6 Thank DebsWeston
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Peaceful and Inviting”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

out of the three beaches we tried this one suited us best. It was quiet and not once were we approached by vendors. It is a dark sand beach and yes it has rocks but there are areas where you could enter that were free of rocks. The snorkeling was good around the cove and got to see a variety of fish and turtles. Not crowded like the other beaches and no seaweed.

2 Thank JessiRoseanne
Melbourne, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“CRUISERS BEWARE: Sharp Rocks make shredded shins”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This beach trip was part two of a Celebrity Cruise Excursion (KT69). There were also people there from Carnival and Princess. Very few people made it into the water because the volcanic sand scorched your feet then the volcanic rocks shredded them. The waves threw sharp rocks against shins and they got torn up. If a wave knocked you down, other body parts got scraped. There was ONE place to change clothes and it was filthy. Worst beach ever on a cruise line sponsored excursion.

8 Thank Cara W
Vancouver, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Absolutely Gross”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Where to start? Booked as the second part of a cruise excursion, we were dropped off in Frigate Bay at what I suspect was the public beach and what was later confirmed as the weekend 'hangout' of all the locals and students.

At the point we were dropped off, we were told that we could use any of the striped or white chairs and that the use of the umbrella would cost us $5 cash. Geez, who would have thought that anyone would need an umbrella on a beach in the middle of the afternoon in the Caribbean? I mean really, can anyone say cash grab?

Thinking that this might be an option we went and checked out the chairs and as one reviewer has already illustrated, they were horrendously gross. The cushions were oh so dirty with rips, tears and stains that belied what they were also used for. Truly, most of us stood around wondering if we really wanted to put our bums on the cushions.

The beach is also quite dirty with lots of garbage filtered throughout the sand.

Opting to head to the shade instead of paying $5 for an umbrella, we settled down and went into the water. There drop off to the beach is a bit of a steep climb and once in the water as warned, we found the rocks. Sand and a softer water experience can be found if you go our farther.

After relocating in the shade of a bush, we were accosted by people selling everything, including the guy with the junk jewelry in the old briefcase. Did I mention that the bathrooms were locked after the first 10 minutes after arrival and smelled like the old biffy on the farm?

Forty minutes after arriving we were approached by a woman demanding to know who we had paid to sit in the shade of the bush on a chair.....honestly folks, I'm not making this up. We explained to her via our wristbands that we had paid the tour operator and she told us that we were sitting on the wrong chairs. I guess she met the clean ones... She wanted money, so we left and headed to the covered, open air bar where for $4 we shared a non-diet coke (they don't carry diet drinks) and waited until it was time to go.

It was a gross experience and completely tainted how I feel about St. Kitts. I won't be back, won't ever do another shore excursion in the area and would not recommend it at all.

7 Thank BCpicky