“Marriott and Frigate Bay”
Review of Frigate Bay

and up
St Kitts ATV Adventure and Beach Tour
Ranked #38 of 90 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: A well-developed area including luxury hotels, a casino, golf course, yacht club and oodles of shops.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Marriott is wonderful resort! A short ride from the Port. There are beautiful pools, an awesome buffet - tasty pizza and amazing view of the ocean. I am sad to hear the reviews from the pre-fab cruise clan. I guess I see their point. Maybe they are looking for Disney clean and scrubbed faces of little black island people to greet them with straw hats. I am sure if this is your expectation, you will be disappointed. Most of the inhabitants of St. Kitts are educated, well dressed and speak perfect English. Americans need to understand that there is a ripple effect of our dipping economy- its hard all over! However, If you are on a cruise.. and St. Kitts is a stop...You may want to pre- arrange your transportation to take you to the Marriott (snorkling) Brimstone Hill- (sightseeing and History) , the zip line or on the scenic railway tour. When you are passing through town, you can take in architecture that dates back to pre-1700's or you can avert your gaze. The sewers can be a problem- especially after a big rain. I have been blessed enough to reside on this beautiful island for more than a few months. I ride the H bus with the nationals and eat great hot fried chicken and enjoy the local eateries. The produce is wonderful and if you have adventuresome palates- on Friday and Saturday you can purchase Goat Water from a "cook up" A regional favorite. Dollar bills are accepted- but no credit cards. If you're thinking about a visit- The American/Canadian and Middle Eastern Zombie developers are closing in, and there might not be much in the way of pristine environments when they are done. Just gated communities and tall fences. And don't forget -More trash- lots more trash! One last note- Please be responsible and don't be rude. Smile and behave in a gracious manner. If you buy a bottle on the island...take it with you and recycle it or ask to drink from a glass.

7  Thank Doctor2B
in 6 reviews
"tourists"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been cruising for 40 years! Never in my life did we ever go to such a horrible place.it smelled like sewage, cigarette butts everywhere, rusty chairs, buildings, garbage, frayed lounge chairs, etc. I returned to the ship and complained! They should have refunded the entire amount, since we were exposed to such filth and not up to our standards. Don't go here!!!

8  Thank Rosalie M
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lounge chairs looked like they were pulled out of a trash dump. By far the worst beach experience I have ever encountered, and is now on the bottom of the list for me. Conditions were so bad, I took pictures. I showed the pictures to the cruise excursion desk, and they refunded that part of the trip. There was also a travel agent (not with me) visiting as well, and commented on how deplorable the conditions were. She was to speak about her experiences a few days later, and had no idea on how she was going to say something positive.

This was my first visit to Frigate Bay, and I doubt I will go back. Bottom line, pick another beach.

3  Thank Larry H
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Probably not our favorite beach during our time of living on Nevis and coming across on the ferry for a change of pace now and then. However, it is still a nice beach. If you are looking for something a bit nicer, including being small child friendly, Turtle Beach in the South is great, with a wonderful view across to Nevis. Or, if you want a truly wonderful beach and have the time, take the express ferry across to Nevis for Oualie Beach. We live in Fiji right now, and have lived on Nevis and Aruba, and I would say that Oualie Beach is truly one of the best we have ever seen. The only time not to go is during Hurricane Season, or shortly thereafter, as it can be strewn with quite a bit of debris. Enjoy!

3  Thank EpiDoc
See more reviews
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just for clarification as some reviews related this to the Marriott. Marriott's beach is North Frigate Bay, which is nice, but this one is a lot nicer, and calm waters, good for children - at the Marriott site there is a lot of waves and strong currents. The picture you see above is not at the Marriott site.
Nevertheless, this is a very nice beach, green waters, very calm and quiet, great for kids. Snorkeling right there is so so. Lots of restaurants, and nice bonfires in the area at night. Definitely a nice beach.

4  Thank Familytraveler69