“Good”

$90.00*
St Kitts 360 Island Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #33 of 83 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: A well-developed area including luxury hotels, a casino, golf course, yacht club and oodles of shops.
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Good. Food was average. Lots of cruise tourists. Not much sand. Have locals giving massage.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Frigate bay is one of the more developed areas on the island of St. Kitts. It has the Marriott, which is the largest hotel as well as the Royal St. Kitts golf club and multiple condos and restaurants. The beach is powdery sand and the water is clear. An artificial and natural reef provide some shelter from the Atlantic surf. Only negative are the natives going around selling massages, donkey rides, and wares. First of all I don't like to be awakened every 5-10 minutes to be asked if I want a massage. Second, they apparently are having turf wars and there is some yelling and screaming going around at times.

5  Thank 247traveler2657
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was highly disappointed with this beach!! Full of rocks, you need water shoes to enjoy the water! Te view around is great but in general it isn't a nice place. Try to find another option!

3  Thank Rsolanet
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I wanted to use St Kitts as a relaxation day on our cruise. We asked around and were told Cockleshell Beach was the place to go. When we found a taxi and told him that we wanted to go there he told us it was too crowded and recommended Frigate Bay Beach instead. Boy were we glad he did. It is not a beautiful white sandy beach, so please don't go in expecting that. It is a volcanic beach that has brown sand, but have no fear, it was plenty comfortable. Upon our arrival we met a gentleman named Clinton. Apparently there are a couple of beach chair providers, and this was the one our taxi is affiliated with. Great choice by the taxi guy. It was $8 for two chairs and an umbrella, restroom use, and $5 for 3 beers. But the true story of the day was our beach chair man Clinton. He made this day for us. True he doesn't have the prettiest chairs, but most people put towels over the cushions anyway. What this guy does have is non stop energy, a great personality, and an understanding that tourism is his source of income. He treats you with respect and makes sure to go the extra mile. Everything he does he does as quick as possible. He literally runs to do everything you ask. No kidding, I don't think this guy knows how to walk. He is constantly checking in on you to make sure all is well. Also, while we were there another gentleman had left his camera on the taxi he took to the beach, Clinton was trying to find out who the gentleman used so he could call the taxi driver and try and help this guy out. Not so extraordinary until I tell you that this gentleman wasn't a customer of Clinton's, but of his beach chair competitor. But that didn't stop Clinton from doing the right thing and even then superceding reasonable expectations. I give him a lot of respect for trying to help this poor guy out, not sure why the person this gentleman bought his beach chairs from wasn't as willing to help. Clinton seems to be affiliated with Cathy's Restaurant so that's where we ate. Excellent food there as well, just check out my review of the restaurant for more. All in all I have to say this was one of the highlights of our trip as well. Clinton is AWESOME, the more I can do to help him the better. Anyone who works as hard as he does, and is a genuinely respectful and traveler oriented as he is deserves all the business I can direct his way!!

As an aside to a previous post, yes you will get asked to look at jewelry, for a massage, etc., but unlike other islands this was a once and done. We never got asked twice, and the whole time we were there (10-4) we were only asked by 3 different people total. Barbados and the other islands were much worse in both number and persistence. Please realize as you travel this is how some of them make their money, to be as respectful as they were on this island made us not even care about the interruption. Once we said no, they politely thanked us and told us to please enjoy the rest of the day.

19  Thank BrewmeisterB
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Planned on hiking in St Kitts and the time did not allow. Asked a local taxi driver to drop us at a good local beach. Ended up at Frigate Bay Beach. I am a backpack travelor and do not have very high expectations but not impressed. Charging for pretty nasty beach chairs- the water sports were lacking and everything just rough around the edges. Snorkeled for a few hours and did not see much.

Pesky locals trying to sell trinkets, massages and photos with Monkeys. I would try another beach.

5  Thank danrodgerson