“Not to Miss Dinner experience”
Review of South Peninsula

Ranked #30 of 84 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: A stretch of pristine beaches.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We love fine dining, and love exploring new places through authentic and unique restaurants. The Royal Palm Restaurant was one of the highlights of our St. Kitts trip. Our chat with the owner, the outstanding cuisine (veal was fabulous), and the peaceful, elegant ambiance made this our favorite stop of the trip. The staff - both waitresses and at the inn - were so charming and savvy about the island and its special beauty. Make sure and take time to walk around a bit and enjoy the grounds -- we look forward to staying here sometime next visit.

1  Thank Nancy J

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I passed through Frigate Bay on my way down to the car ferry to go to Nevis. The ferry terminal is at Major's Bay and I had to stop and ask someone for directions / confirmation I was going in the right direction as the road signs are non-existant. [Guess they have all been blown away by the last hurricane]. And the roads were bad. I mean bad, as bad as some of the roads I have negotiated in Africa. Potholes galore, and towards Major's Bay it looked like the road had been flooded at one time.
On my way back from Nevis I stayed at Frigate Bay for 3 nights.
I stayed at Sugar Bay Club, which was self-catering, but location wasn't ideal as if you wanted to swim in the Caribbean sea you had to get to the other side of the peninsula. The 'Strip' with all the local eateries was also on the other side of the peninsula adjacent to St Timothy's Hotel, so perhaps that would have been a better place to stay. However, the 'trendy' crowd stay at The Marriot, which is on the Atlantic seaboard. They have built an artificial reef, to make swimming in the sea more agreeable, and have a casino [if that is your thing]. I was there in 'low' season, so the place wasn't crowded, but 'cause there were so few tourists no-one seemed to be 'working'- or is this just the Caribbean. I want to go again in 'high' season to get a better idea of the place.

1  Thank george3B
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We did enjoy our visit to this side of the island. The view from Timothy hill is awsome and the beach with black sand is someting special. Great place for snorkel.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

It's too bad so many of the Caribbean governments pay so little attention to their nations' rich heritage. Hopefully, someday, this venue will be rescued by a non-profit organization.

1  Thank Roy A A
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'd give this beautiful part of St Kitts five stars but the roads out to it are terrible with potholes an sections crumbling. Still worth going, but navigate slowly. Unfortunately the taxi drivers take it too quickly!

3  Thank Expatinkitts