“Breath-taking”

and up
St Kitts 360 Island Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #29 of 90 things to do in St. Kitts
More attraction details
Owner description: Hardened lava formations at the base of coastal cliffs.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped off at the black lava rocks with Javin and the place was empty. We got to enjoy time hiking around the rocks and exploring the tidepools and taking pictures with no one around. This was one of the highlights of my trip. The kids thought this was awesome as they love climbing on rocks by the ocean!

2  Thank Jennifer F
"cruise ship"
in 5 reviews
"scenic railway"

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our cab driver took us to the Black Rocks on a day that cruise ships were not in port. It was a beautiful seeing the lava sentinels standing at the base of the ocean. There was a rope blocking off the cliff edge from what looked like walking paths that were very dangerously going over the edge of the cliff. Our cab driver told us that they finally put the rope up about a month ago to deter tourists from climbing down the cliff. He said there had beeb many accidents and injuries to the unwise that decided to stupidly get a closer look. I noticed lots of vendor stalls that were empty, except for 2 The ladies at those 2 stalls yelled at us until we came over and purchased a few trinkets. I would hate to think what it would be like when all the vendor stalls were open

Reviewed April 6, 2014

It's not much of an attraction. However they try to make it one with vendors everywhere. There were very aggressive monkey men trying to get money for pictures. One even grabbed my sister very expensive camera from her neck.

2  Thank Capette123
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't call this a destination location, but worth a stop and a few pictures. The sign from the main road is tiny and worn, I could barely make out the word ' black ' when we slowed down to 10 mph. Ironically, as you pull out of the drive, there is a nice new sign that you can only see when leaving. I would recommend turning it so motorists can see it.

My first thought when we drove up was ' tourist trap ' when I saw the little overlook space, and the parking lot lined with vendors. .. But then everyone was very nice and friendly. And the prices were Cheap!!! Much cheaper than in town and a fraction of the hotel prices. So even though it seems like a trap, the souvenirs are a steal of a deal.

2  Thank Ginabelle
See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Travelling to Black rocks one sees the richness of the greenery of the island as well as the volcano. When you arrive at Black Rocks and look over the cliff the view is simply spectacular, not only in seeing the black rocks and the waves crashing against them but also the fact that on such a clear day looking over the Atlantic Ocean you can see other islands in the distance. I would recommend a visit.