“Great lunch!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a hidden gem. It is an open air restaurant on the second floor of a building in the center of Basseterre. I had a Chicken Roti and it was excellent. It was also the best service we experienced on the entire island. If you go shopping at Port Zante, you can easily walk there, which is what we did. Other than that, I found Basseterre to be pretty dirty.

1  Thank QueenMash

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My sister and I had a brilliant lunch here. Really good typical St Kitts food - recommended by one of our friends who is from Nevis. Smiling unobtrusive service, good value and just an amazing view over the Circus town square, really genuine feel.

1  Thank MBritton
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nothing to remember. The only good thing was its proximity to the shopping. That made the Mrs. Very happy....

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My partner and I stumbled across Ballahoo while wandering round Basseterre, and were very taken with this restaurant. Ascending to the first floor and seated so we could look down on the central square, we had a really great lunch. I ordered the chicken salad (the chicken came in a tasty curried mayo sauce and was served with pesto pasta and their amazing coconut and carrot salad) and our smiley waitress immediately told me this was her favourite dish (I could see why). My partner had a chicken Caesar salad, which was also really good. Portion sizes were generous (see photos) and at $15 a dish (under £10), good value for money. The restaurant was nicely and colourfully decorated and the staff were warm and welcoming. We appreciated how laid back the place was - we took our time, sipped rum punch and watched the world go by on a scorching hot day. This was a very relaxed, pleasurable lunch at a reasonable price. We'd definitely return.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Cool setting to watch the town below and all the people. Food is okay, drinks are good and the setting is great.