“La Belle Vie - Waiter”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After a long exhausting flight, lost luggage and some really bad airline service we were elated to be in St. Kitts. Needless to say we spent the first night indoors (I will tell u about the horrible room service another time) anyway, but on our second night we asked for a few recommendations and it seemed like this french place was a great choice. I have never tried french food before and I felt like i should have kicked myself for not doing so. It was "magnifique" lol. Not only was the food good but the service was excellent.

Our waiter/bartender/cashier managed every task effortlessly. He was in his element. Friendly, courteous, warm, great smile. He told us about a few things we could do on the island and we talked briefly about island life. The ambiance was very calming and for the first time in two days someone displayed what true, genuine, hospitable "st.kitts-ness" was all about. The experience was really nice. Although our trip started off rocky Winston and La belle Vie changed it around. We left the restaurant happy and full. Needless to say our trip seemed to flow like a professional figure skater gliding on the ice after that night. Thanks Winston, you rock.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sadly my boyfriend took me thier fof my burthday. It was a beautiful evening in St.kitts and this was one of tgf newer restaunts on island. I promise you that out of the courses, i enjoyed the water most!!
First course- french onion soup, it was not the best but it was 'okay' what instantly turned me off was the HUGE bowl it was served in! Not mentioning that it was piping hot and filled to the brim! It was allot but not thd best, i went though less than half and had enough. Smiled politely and asked the waitor to take it away.
*let me also say that the mosqitoes were out in full force! I mean, if a restaurant has outside seating, they should make nevessary arrangments for these things, repellant candles or something!*
Second Course- Sauted Shrimp Special, with very salty sause. Over killed steamed and oily veggies, Neat cup of Rice which was yellow and had peas snd carrots (from the tin can) in it- yuck! Btw the shrimp was brown on the inside! When i mentioned to the waitor that the shrimp are old, he said its not their fault because theyre not local.....smh no other explaination, appology or solution!
Third and last course- Creme Brule, cant mess this up right? WRONG! I would have been better off buying a Jello Vanilla Pudding and charring the top myself! My boyfriends chocolate mouse was not very appealing to the eyes, was shapped like 3 piles! Now u know that something was definately wrong when a young celebrating couple sends thier dessert back barely touched
Awful, horrible experience!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were staying at the Marriott & wanted somewhere to eat dinner that was close so our guide/driver suggested this French restaurant. It was not in the tourist books so we had no expectations & were pleased with good food & unintrusive service. My & I had escargot which was very good. Our son had the duck & I had lamb which was very good, too.

1  Thank RonDog82
Reviewed March 10, 2012

my brother and i went to the la belle vie for is 18 birthday
whenever your visiting or on a business trip,or any other occasion
feel free to visit this la belle vie where this incredible french cuisine has lots to offer
la bell vie provide professional yet friendly warm welcome staff
style of hospitality that make a quest want to stay for hours
this french cuisine restaurant has excellent variety of delicious tasty food that makes you want to eat more,comfortable place to be at ,a smile and a pleasant attitude can turn strangers into friend,so whenever u visit this beautiful island feel safe to come try their excellent french cuisine and thier friendly staff that are ready to welcome you .

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I, along with another couple, just returned from a week-long stay on St. Kitts---our third visit! We love this island and we LOVE La Belle Vie--- so much so that we ate there three times this week. Dining at La Belle Vie, a small french restaurant just outside Basseterre, is like dining in someone's home--- cozy, relaxed, charming. The food is impeccably prepared and the menu offers several "prix fixe" options (with or without appetizer, dessert, cheese) and includes delicious salads, soup, pates, seafood, beef tenderloin, chicken, lamb, duck and various special entrees. We fell in love with the owner/chef (Michel) and the very attentive waitstaff, especially charming Winston. Seating is largely outdoors on a deck with lovely ambience. This is a very special place in the heart of St. Kitts.