“Amazing getaway”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Private pool and private beach
Sunrise
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Natalie Y
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Amazing getaway”
Reviewed November 5, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

When we booked Le Soleil d'Or, we had no clue where cayman brac was or where we were going. When we arrived, we knew this was for us! We were greeted at the cottage with fresh juice, home made puff pastry and egg rolls, and home made charcuterie. It was such a nice warm welcome. The cottage has everything one could possibly want. The kitchen is fully stocked (waffle maker, kitchen aid, pots, pans, cutting boards, everything! I can't even list it all).
The private pool and gazebo is the best part. It was really great to relax and lounge by our own private pool.
Chef Jo and Arlene provided us lunch and dinner every day, everything they made was delicious- tuna, lobster, chicken, steak, lamb. And the desserts!!!
Emily, our own personal concierge was wonderful. We wanted to do some island exploring and she was always able and willing to take us anywhere we wanted to go. We went snorkeling, sightseeing, to random stores, and she was always happy to come exploring with us.
Overall, this is the perfect place for anyone that wants to unplug and unwind. This is not for those that need evening entertainment. The island is very quiet and small. We were able to bike from the cottage to either end with no problems.
Will definitely be back. Thank you!!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
oceantm
Brooklyn, New York
“Ultimate luxury on a beautiful island”
Reviewed October 15, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I came here for our 1 year anniversary. The whole booking process was seamless and people from the company was in contact with me prior to our trip. Before we left we were already planning a return trip to the island, perhaps to stay at the Villa with some friends & family.

SERVICE:
Amazing! 5* service.
-We were picked up in a large van by Emily. She was punctual and friendly and arrived with cold bottles of water.
-When we arrived at the cottage, about 10 minutes later, we were created by Rene, Joe (the personal chef) and Arlene. They had cold towels, fresh squeezed juices and snacks ready for us.
-Throughout the stay Emily was always available whenever we had a question or wanted a ride somewhere (ie, to the beach, to view the sunset, to explore the island). She always picked up our calls and answered e-mails promptly.
-We had the personal chef service and it was amazing! Chef Joe was super accommodating with our requests. She basically made everything we wanted. Most of the food provided came directly from their farm so everything tasted super fresh and tasty.

COTTAGE:
- Clean, spacious, modern kitchen appliances, tons of clean towels for shower & for the pool/beach.
- Secluded: There is literally no property on the left and right side of the cottage which provides total privacy.
- Private pool: cleaned daily in the morning, lounge chairs provided, cabana to sit in when you need a break from the sun and my favorite part-- different floaties that could be used in the pool.
- There's a TV (kind of small but does the job) w/cable and they provide tons of movies.

The Island:
- You can get to 1 side of the island to the other in a 30 min car ride.
- Quiet & safe. There is no night life here. Which is totally okay w/hubby & I since we wanted a romantic & relaxing vacation.
- Great spots for snorkeling & diving
- Lots of caves to explore and trails to hike
- hot & humid. Prior to the trip I was constantly checking the weather and it always showed thunderstorms. However, during our 5 days there we only seen it rain 2x and it was early in the morning and lasted only 10 minutes.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nikola S
New York City, New York
“My Slice Of Paradise In The Caymans”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I began my search for a luxurious romantic getaway and after reading up on what all the islands have to offer the Cayman Islands seemed like the place to be. As I did some more research I found that Cayman Brac was exclusive and offered the privacy that I was looking for with the option to venture out and explore the islands wonderful lighthouse and bluff. The Golden Sun Cottage was like a dream come true the staff was excellent, courteous, and helped make everything absolutely perfect, the food was outstanding like straight out of a 5 star restaurant. The Cottage was very spacious and filled with all the amenities that one could ever hope for. Transportation to and from the airport was all arranged and the only thing that I had to do was to relax and enjoy the sun. By the end of my trip my girlfriend became my fiancé and we would not have done anything different. We both

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Manhattan
Reviewed March 6, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing