WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“EXCELLENT PLACE FOR VACATION” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carib Sands Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Carib Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
West Bay, null, Cayman Islands
“EXCELLENT PLACE FOR VACATION”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took my family to the brac for vacation and it was great. carib sands is a very quite and nice place.
enjoy the facilities having your own kitchen , pool and dock. beautiful place to injoy everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ActionWaterspor... W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
central missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We loved our stay here. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, very clean, well stocked kitchen, nice beach, nice pool. Easy walk to restaurants, dive shop and liquor store. Will not even consider anywhere else upon a return visit. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Actually, there is no fitness center or room service but didn't want to leave those blank. W...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobkat1955
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you are looking for a Hilton quality resort with all of the amenities, Carib Sands Beach Resort isn't the answer, but then neither is Cayman Brac. From my family's experience, Carib Sands Beach Resort is the best place to stay on the island. The condo style resort is basic, clean and comfortable. We arrived late at night and were a bit reluctant at first, but this quickly dissipated the next day. We settled in nicely and very much enjoyed our stay for a week. The basic pool and deck are private and well cared for. The dock and the associated marine life is fascinating. The view of the ocean is nice. While the beach is a bit rustic, it is typical of the island.

All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. When walking around the first morning, I ran into the maintenance man . He stopped me to shake my hand and introduce himself. The office staff tried to help with all of my requests and obtained a car for us after I figured out one was a must on the island.

One suggestion is to ask for a condo with a clear view of the ocean. Also, if you're a diver, we highly recommend that you book with Brac Scuba Shop about 300 yards down the road and boat pick up at the resort.

The reason we gave the resort 4 stars is because there are no truly 5 star locations on Cayman Brac.

We are very much look forward to the next time we can stay at the Carib Sands resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Funinsunfamily_3
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Everything here was pretty fantastic. It was laid back, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only annoyance I had was that I checked out early (because I was bored on Cayman Brac) and they refused to give _any_ of my money back.

So, I paid the full ~$1,200 (which would have been for a 7-night stay) for a 3-night stay. That was, well, a little frustrating (to say the least).

So, why the four stars anyways? I still gave them four stars because, in terms of experience, friendliness, etc., they were great. And, I wouldn't guess that most people would have my same experience.

They would have gotten five stars, and would have had the opportunity to have my business again had they been at least - a little - lenient with early checkout. I had to hold myself back from giving them one of those ranting, one-start reviews (because losing ~$600 because of lack of leniency is frustrating).

In conclusion, I will definitely not stay here again, and none of my friends will stay here again either (if I can help it). Good customer service, that's what brings people back. I'm not coming back. I probably would have come back here for many years to come for SCUBA adventures were it not for this complete lack of leniency on early checkout. Oh well, they have lost my business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brandon G
muskoka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Love this place! I have been coming to the Cayman Islands for over 20 years, and the Brac since Ivan destroyed the 7 mile beach condo we rented. The Brac is more like home to me with out the crowds of Grand Cayman. The Carib Sands is conveniently located on the island being close to most amenities, however I do suggest you rent a car, to enjoy all of the island. The grounds are well kept, and the condos are spacious and clean with new linens each year. The view is outstanding from all directions, from sunrise to sunset. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, going beyond to assist with any thing you need, from giving directions to stocking your fridge for your arrival. We have stayed at this resort/condo for over 5 years with nothing but new adventures while making new friends, as well as meeting up with old friends. With being here for an extended stay I find the internet to be good, and overall value for your dollars exceptional.

Room Tip: All units are ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank birdcat
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family and I have vacationed in the Cayman Islands for over 15 years. The last two we have stayed at Carrib Sands. We are a family of 4 and our children being 14 and twenty. The three bedroom unit was perfect. Each of our children brought a guest and with each bedroom having its own bath it gave us the privacy of a hotel but the luxury of family living. The beach out front was absolute perfection I was able to wake in the morning to a cup of coffee and spectacular sunrise, followed by a morning swim in crystal clear water. The location was convenient to all the island had to offer including a dive boat the picked us up at the end of the dock, a major plus! We do rent a car to go exploring which the staff arranged for us as they additionally arranged bicycles for the kids being such a safe Island they loved the freedom of riding to the store, beaches, and anywhere they wanted. All our years of traveling, (we have been to many of the islands and Europe as a family) Carrib sands goes down as one of if not the best locations for us. The staff is more than happy to assist you with anything you need, but that will be little as the unit was well equipped. Just for the record the left over vacation money in my wallet went as a deposit for next year, before heading to the airport as I did not want to miss out on the same location next year. Can't wait to get back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cavendish, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent 4 days in a one bedroom units. Unit was beautifully decorated with brand new stainless appliances, as well as washer and dryer. Unit was extremely clean and neat. We were in a first floor unit with french doors that opened to the beach and an amazing view of the ocean. Sunrises and sunsets were beautiful ! Staff was very friendly and accomodating. A perfect vacation location to get away and relax and enjoy the awesome Cayman weather ! Next trip to the Caribbean, we would go right to Cayman Brac and forego the stay in Grand Cayman. Thank you to the Carib Sands for a very enjoyable stay !!! Don & Deb S., Cavendish, Vermont

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deborah S
Carib_Sands, Manager at Carib Sands Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for us. It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you. We look forward to your visit again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayman Brac
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Carib Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!