“Great, but...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Carib Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Everything here was pretty fantastic. It was laid back, the staff was friendly and helpful. The only annoyance I had was that I checked out early (because I was bored on Cayman Brac) and they refused to give _any_ of my money back.

So, I paid the full ~$1,200 (which would have been for a 7-night stay) for a 3-night stay. That was, well, a little frustrating (to say the least).

So, why the four stars anyways? I still gave them four stars because, in terms of experience, friendliness, etc., they were great. And, I wouldn't guess that most people would have my same experience.

They would have gotten five stars, and would have had the opportunity to have my business again had they been at least - a little - lenient with early checkout. I had to hold myself back from giving them one of those ranting, one-start reviews (because losing ~$600 because of lack of leniency is frustrating).

In conclusion, I will definitely not stay here again, and none of my friends will stay here again either (if I can help it). Good customer service, that's what brings people back. I'm not coming back. I probably would have come back here for many years to come for SCUBA adventures were it not for this complete lack of leniency on early checkout. Oh well, they have lost my business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brandon G
There are newer reviews for Carib Sands Beach Resort

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Love this place! I have been coming to the Cayman Islands for over 20 years, and the Brac since Ivan destroyed the 7 mile beach condo we rented. The Brac is more like home to me with out the crowds of Grand Cayman. The Carib Sands is conveniently located on the island being close to most amenities, however I do suggest you rent a car, to enjoy all of the island. The grounds are well kept, and the condos are spacious and clean with new linens each year. The view is outstanding from all directions, from sunrise to sunset. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, going beyond to assist with any thing you need, from giving directions to stocking your fridge for your arrival. We have stayed at this resort/condo for over 5 years with nothing but new adventures while making new friends, as well as meeting up with old friends. With being here for an extended stay I find the internet to be good, and overall value for your dollars exceptional.

Room Tip: All units are ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank birdcat
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family and I have vacationed in the Cayman Islands for over 15 years. The last two we have stayed at Carrib Sands. We are a family of 4 and our children being 14 and twenty. The three bedroom unit was perfect. Each of our children brought a guest and with each bedroom having its own bath it gave us the privacy of a hotel but the luxury of family living. The beach out front was absolute perfection I was able to wake in the morning to a cup of coffee and spectacular sunrise, followed by a morning swim in crystal clear water. The location was convenient to all the island had to offer including a dive boat the picked us up at the end of the dock, a major plus! We do rent a car to go exploring which the staff arranged for us as they additionally arranged bicycles for the kids being such a safe Island they loved the freedom of riding to the store, beaches, and anywhere they wanted. All our years of traveling, (we have been to many of the islands and Europe as a family) Carrib sands goes down as one of if not the best locations for us. The staff is more than happy to assist you with anything you need, but that will be little as the unit was well equipped. Just for the record the left over vacation money in my wallet went as a deposit for next year, before heading to the airport as I did not want to miss out on the same location next year. Can't wait to get back

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent 4 days in a one bedroom units. Unit was beautifully decorated with brand new stainless appliances, as well as washer and dryer. Unit was extremely clean and neat. We were in a first floor unit with french doors that opened to the beach and an amazing view of the ocean. Sunrises and sunsets were beautiful ! Staff was very friendly and accomodating. A perfect vacation location to get away and relax and enjoy the awesome Cayman weather ! Next trip to the Caribbean, we would go right to Cayman Brac and forego the stay in Grand Cayman. Thank you to the Carib Sands for a very enjoyable stay !!! Don & Deb S., Cavendish, Vermont

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah S
Carib_Sands, Manager at Carib Sands Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for us. It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you. We look forward to your visit again in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. Neat, clean, right on the beach with a great dock/lounging area. Nicely furnished w/ all conveniences and w/in walking distance of 2 good restruants = Captain's Table and Brac Reef Club. Stayed a week. Had a great time. Gary & Dottie, Loveland, CO, USA

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed 10 days late Jan 2013.
Actually next door condo # 12 convenient on 1st floor managed by Carib Sands. Very well furnished with COMPLETE modern kitchen and 2 full baths. Have stayed various condo/resorts in Caribbean and this one of best moderately priced we have been in over many years! A longer walk to a pool but we do not like pools.
Kathy Mgr very helpful.
4D4D Car Rental only problem with 2 older Japanese speaking cars that broke down. Request a Car Rental company with newer cars!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed 10 days in a two bedroom condo. As other reviews noted, this is not a hotel in that there is limited maid and linen services, and no restaurant associated with the resort. The unit was spotless when we arrived. There was a small selection of snacks and a couple bottles of water to welcome us. In addition to our clothes, we arrived with large bags of gear for snorkeling and rock climbing. Luckily, the unit was well laid out and spacious.

Temps on the island were generally in the mid-80's, so our Maine bodies were thankful the air conditioning in the unit was fully operational during the night. The kitchen set up allowed us to prepare breakfast on our own (as there are very limited breakfast options on the island). For dinner most nights, the nearby Captain's Table was awesome.

The beach in front is nice. There is a reef off the beach that creates a protected snorkeling area - not as nice as other areas on the island but a nice quick diversion. The pool is clean but limited lounge chairs made one pair of guests put their towels on them to claim them at the crack of dawn. Very ackward when the towels occupied the chairs the entire day and never a body. We found that there was a mix of renters and condo owners staying during our time there. Very quiet at night - definitely not a party place which was nice as each day was full of activities.

Overall, a recommended spot.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank moxie88

Been to Carib Sands Beach Resort? Share your experiences!