“Awesome Trip!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Sacramento, CA
“Awesome Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I researched many, many places for my most recent trip and for the money and the diving, I chose Brac Reef Beach Resort. When I showed up they had a cab pick me up at the airport. The resort is only a few miles from the airport. (I rarely heard planes taking off and landing - the planes I did hear were all small planes.) I got my room, it was overlooking the pool with the beach behind that. All the rooms face the water - the bar may obscure the view for some rooms. I walked around the grounds and checked out the dive shop. The grounds are clean, and well laid out.

The dive shop was quaint and located onsite. I met dive master Helen in the dive shop and she helped me get all of my paperwork completed for my week of diving. My diving was absolutely amazing while I was there. The dive masters are all wonderful. They are knowledgeable, so friendly, caring and a lot of fun. The reefs are very healthy. There are lots of fish. I saw large Green Morays, Sharks, Stingrays and Turtles on every dive. I had forgotten how beautiful the diving in the Caymans is. The walls and truly magnificent.

Oh and let me tell you about the food at Brac Reef - it was some of the best food I have ever had at any resort. There was always a choice of seafood, chicken or some sort of meat. There are also veggie options for those who eat no animal protein at all. There was always a decadent choice for dessert as well.

Overall I rate this trip and resort excellent. I will be going back soon. They just announced their 2014 rates and packages and they are excellent!

Room Tip: I as a single woman chose an upstairs room. This provided a better view. However the lower rooms h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Scubahappygirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Brac Reef Resort is the best option for Cayman Brac. The rooms were large, clean with fresh furnishings. The bathroom is large, with a big vanity. Best part is the large shower for two with two shower heads! No more "who goes first?" post dive when all you want is a shower. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Very laid back, relaxed dive resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Even though the place is a small , but the workers make up for it. The food was excellent especially the desert. You really can't ask for anything better in such small island .
The prices on the gift shop was very reasonable if you forget to bring any personal items. The Cayman Airlines has a direct flight from Miami on Saturday to Cayman Brac if you want to avoid the crowd in Grand Cayman.

• Stayed August 2013
Tequesta, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having been to Brac Reef Resort several times I still can't say enough, however everyone else seem to have pretty much covered everything. the diving staff and resort staff make the place, everyone is always happy and they seem to enjoy their work(and it can be hard dealing with tourists all the time).

Resort - excellent
Food - excellent
Staff - excellent
Diving - excellent

Will be back again soon.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have a back door that is convenient and second floor rooms are carpeted, both are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank captGerald
Columbus NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a small place not big enough to be called a island. The resort is about 200 yards to the side of the end of the runway, which dominates the Brac. Airport noise is almost nill in that there are 1 or 2 flights a day. You can bicycle around the brac in less than an hour. The resort is small also, maybe 50 rooms, a dinning room, a pool, bar, dock, SCUBA center, and beach. I was on a Dive Shop trip with 15 others, so we had our own boat. Excellent reefs. Great diving, great boat, great crew. You sit on a bench at the stern the crew brings your gear, you strap on and step in. On return, at the top of the ladder the crew takes your gear and returns it to your spot on board. Freedom to dive, best prebriefs ever, then stay with the DM or go with your buddy. Excellent food and seconds. Best operation in the caribbean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Diverjoe78
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

There is just no place like this resort. Talk about a room with a view! Snorting boat is well equipped and folks are eager to help. Last nights Barbeque and band were incredible. I feel God and his beautiful nature here....
Sure hope I don't have to wait 3 years to come back here

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I traveled to Cayman Brac for a wedding and stayed here; the wedding was also at the hotel. I was not pleased when we first got here, as the hotel bills itself as a "resort" but has very little amenities that a resort would offer. Over time the place grew on me. The hotel itself is small, 40 or so rooms, with one small pool. The room we stayed in on the second floor was dated (no fridge, microwave, or closet) and decorated with shabby furniture and wall art. However, the room was clean and our cleaning woman was friendly. One annoying thing was that our AC was programmed to go no lower than 70 degrees, which sucked during the hot and muggy nights. After a couple of days, we realized that practically everyone (other than us) was there for diving. So, the hotel and beach are virtually dead during the day. The beach has a couple of hammocks in shaded enclosures. But, you cannot swim in the water, as it is extremely rocky; obviously disappointing for us. As for food, we didn't eat at the buffet but opted to eat at The Tipsy Turtle Pub, which is basically like bar food, with some decent selections. The wait staff there are extremely friendly and nice. Overall, if you are not a diver and want a secluded beach hideaway, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Try a Savanna Dry cider at the Tipsy Turtle Pub
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort? Share your experiences!