“Restaurant”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Baltimore, Maryland
“Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I only visited the bar restaurant which was okay but quite expensive. Everything is expensive in Cayman islands. The only dish I can remember that was good is the Snapper which was a large fish and quite memorable.

I stayed at the Featherstone apartments which had a private beach. The beaches in Cayman brac are very stony and very few nice beaches. You would have to walk over the stones to get to the sandy area. but then the ocean waves could throw you on the rocks which are very sharp is you are not a good swimmer like me. So I did not get in the water which was quite disappointing. I dont know about the Braf Reef beach as I did not get on it. The island is very quiet it is just the place to go for rest and relaxation. I did not see a single boat go by on the beach I stayed on - and not a single person. In fact if you dont go out to get food you could pass the entire day without seeing or speaking to anyone. I also was treated to the sight of a large pod of dolphins swimming by one morning and watching shooting stars on the private beach at night. The manager of featherstone is such a wonderful lady - she left me a cake and a candle for my birthday which was so sweet. She gave me a lot of advice before I arrived which was really useful. I would recommend featherstone. In the apartment is a little book where previous residents have documented interesting useful information and the manager has also left a folder with all the useful tips - read it if you stay there - that's the first thing to do! You really have to look our for the places to eat as they may be hard to find. Ed's place is just great for Jerk chicken - I long for it. I got so much chicken for $12.00 it was the most chicken I had eaten during my entire stay at Cayman brac. Aunty Sha's kitchen that is listed in lonely planet has changed its name - I cant remember the name now :( But it is a good place to eat. If you are on a budget take microwaveable food with you as it is much cheaper. I rented a car for $30 per day and had to pay $17.50 for a drivers permit. I would recommend it so you can get around the island. Take good shoes for walking as the rocks on the bluff beach (north east side) are very sharp and you can get seriously injured from even a slight fall. You would need the same for the beach walk on the south east side. To walk the lighthouse walk on the bluff I would recommend taking an umbrella as there is no shade and it can get very hot. I am dark skinned and I had sunblock on but the sun was burning and I thought I would pass out even though I had lots of water with me. There is no posted sign as to where you can see the little cayman brac rock which is quite a shame since I would have liked to take a photo of it. I would also recommend long cotton pants as the pathway in many areas is overgrown with weeds and plants and they rub against your skin. Nevertheless the views are breathtaking and seeing the birds with babies are worth it. I tried to go up to see Peters cave but the so called steps did not look appealing and the plants and vines where growing everywhere that it would have been difficult to hold on to the railing to walk up so cant quite comment on that. The lighthouse is not quite remarkable - I was expecting better - but it is what it is. Locals are really friendly and it is customary to wave as you pass by people walking or in other cars. On the whole Cayman brac is good for rest and relaxation, walking, rock climbing and diving. Little cayman has the best beaches and is also good for R&R. Grand Cayman is very busy - referred to as 'little Miami'. It has dunkin donuts, KFC, burger king and popeyes chicken. If you are flying a US airline like United its better to buy your food on the flight than in the Cayman airport - food on flight is $8.50 while in the airport its $15.00. The waiting area in the airport is small and very busy so you may not want to go in until 1.5 hrs before your flight. US $ are accepted everywhere but know your conversion rates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The finest Reef experience ever! From checkin to checkout the Brac Reef Beach Resort is 1st class. Dove on the Little Sister with Capitan Eric and 1st mate Dan for the week. Two professional divers with a friendly smile. The pre-dive site discussion was very visual, safety is the No. 1 priority all the time. My family is new to diving and the underwater tour was wonderful on each trip. The boat is fully equipted, and the rides to the dive sights takes from 2 - 15 minuets. We lucked out with 6 days of 85 degree weather and water. At 40 - 80 feet depth our visability was unlimited and the fish, sponges, and coral spectacular. The food is outstanding. We chose the 3 meal a day plan and we all came home knowing the chef and staff had done a magnificant job once we hit the scale. Let the front desk set up an island tour by bus for the day befor you leave. Great sights and fun history. Of the 16 divers on our boat, all had been to the BRBR before, one for 30+ years. Great bar too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We have made an annual trip to the resort for the last 5 years. We are never disappointed. Any special requests are handled graciously and efficiently. The staff is always on their A game. Th e resort os well maintained and relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our dive group decided to give the Brac a try this year. What a super place. Our group of 16 (3 non divers) enjoyed a week of diving, eating, and creating an art project to leave behind. The diving was superb, absolutely stunning. The dive operation was very well run and organized. Our crew - Barb, Brett and Dan, were polite and accommodating in every aspect. The dining experience was fabulous. We were on the 3 meal program, and every meal was great. The front desk was also very gracious. My wife suffered a huge bruising in the van on the way to the resort, and the ladies at the desk went out of their way to get her a baggie with ice and a small towel to bring down the swelling. You won't find this kind of service most places. Would definitely recommend Brac Reef for a diving vacation, although our non divers seemed to have a great time as well.

Room Tip: Either upper on lower rooms are good.
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went to the resort as part of a group of folks for scuba diving. We and our luggage were picked up at the small airport and after a 5 minute drive...were at the resort. Check-in was smooth and initially we had a downstairs room...if you're a light sleeper, even with ear plugs, GET AN UPSTAIRS room! That way you get to make the noise that gets transmitted to the folks below.
I will review the dive operation in a separate review...very professional.

Our package included 17 dives, 3 meals/day, transfers and fees to and from airport plus the room for 7 days and 6 nights....~$1500. The rooms were pretty average...2 double beds..nice shower/bathroom. Beds and pillows were comfortable and the AC worked well. TV was basically non-existent until the day we left and then suddenly became very clear and several stations...not sure how that happened.

The meals were outstanding...many choices for all three and way more than you could ever eat. For several of the dinners we had a carving station with prime rib and steak. The dessert table always had fresh batch of cookies and a gallon of ice cream with lots of toppings to go on. At night, cakes and pies.....to pick from....too good! There were two eating areas--one with AC which was usually loud with folks talking about their diving adventures and the other--just outside but screened to prevent insects from ruining the meal...I usually chose the outside for quiet.

The staff was superb..they always had a great attitude, made sure your water glass was filled with ice water---you can drink the local water--there is a desal plant on the island.

Like I said, went there for the diving and was duly impressed....but the real pleasant surprise was the hotel and food. They have hammocks, a palapa bar with nightly events and the resort is on the beach but there is enough rocky formations it's not swimmer friendly. There is a pool that is quite nice and the place is well kept.

All in all---a great diving vacation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just came back from a dive trip to Cayman Brac, Brac Reef Resort was great, from the Lobby all the way to the dive shop. The people who run all aspects of this resort are great! Always smiling and friendly. Our DiveMasters were great Barb always happy and ready to take you to another adventure, Brett and Dan happy and funny and seemed to enjoy their time with us. We took 14 people plus my husband and I for a total of 16 we had 3 non divers who also had a great time...
We have agreed that we would like to come back.... I would highly recommend this for a vacation and diving. Mickey Wrona Anchor Bay Scuba. check the pictures out on FB page.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Brac Reef Resort and we are already planning the next trip! We did the three dive, three meal, three drink package, as we did before, and were completely satisfied. The front desk staff is incredibly helpful and accommodating, whether we wanted island information or to borrow a bicycle. Most impressive to us was that when we were clearing customs, Mona Lisa saw us and remembered us from last year! Truly a warm island welcome!

We really appreciated the new bicycles with the baskets, and logged as much hammock time as possible between dives! The food is consistently good, although the soups tend to be pretty spicy. Most mornings we had a well prepared omelette with all the fixings along with yummy fresh fruit. Lunches ran the gamut as far as variety, and were always satisfying for a hungry diver. The wine list is a little limited, but a bicycle trip to Big Daddy's on bicycle helped fill that in.

This resort is the perfect place to eat, sleep, and dive. We like the movie night, the trivia contest and the hermit crab races for a little extra entertainment. We added on a night dive when the weather permitted, and really enjoyed it. It is also very thoughtful that when you have an early flight, the front desk gives you a continental breakfast! The only thing we were disappointed with was the Friday night live music. Please bring back Perry!!!

This resort is wonderful, and seeing the same smiling faces on the staff really makes you feel at home. A special thanks to Mitch, Jen, Helen the dive goddess, Eric and Brett for making our return trip that much more special! You are the best!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort? Share your experiences!