“Back to "Brac"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hi divers! Going to the Cayman Islands? Well, go to the Brac Reef Inn! What a wonderful experience, beautiful setting and definately laid back. The facility is very nice. Rooms are large, clean and well appointed. The service is GREAT. The daily food prep is first rate. We had a week of great selections of tasty fresh foods. Deserts were so good you will want to eat them first, so you won't eat too much and then not have "room" for them! The staff is friendly, efficient and entertaining. Outdoor Bar is the perfect place to end the day. Nightly activities are a hoot! If you don't have fun here, it is because you don't know how!! Dive shop, boats and staff are as good as it gets. We (12 of us) were fortunate enough to get Eric and Beccy as our Boat Crew. What a team! Absolutely everything is taken care of for you. Trudy, the Manager is on site an active in what is going on. I can assure you, no effort will be spared to insure your stay is as good as it can possibly be. If you are "on the fence" in choosing between Cayman Brac and Little Cayman, fall on the Brac side! We did Little Cayman the week following our stay at Brac, so I know of what I speak!! My wife and I are both working divers, she a DM and I an Instructor/Captain, so believe what you are reading here. You will NOT be disappointed.

Ken and Joni, Kona Hawaii

Room Tip: With a group of 12 we pretty much saw a majority of the rooms, they are all nice so no need to worry...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank frmr48l
There are newer reviews for Cayman Brac Beach Resort

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My mom and I keep coming back. We bounce between Little Cayman Beach Resort and the Brac. Because we do that there are some comparisons between the two sister resorts. First I want to commend Trudy and the Brac staff on rebuilding after Paloma! Glad you are still around! The staff at the resort is absolutely lovely and friendly, especially in the dining room. The front staff was pretty grouchy while we were there, not sure what was up with that. The resort is clean, well maintained and very welcoming. The diving is recovering from Paloma and Reef Divers are such a dynamite team! The food...well...I get that they are on an island, but, someone told me that they saw ads saying 5 star dining...uhhh NO. There is lots of it as the dining that you get in the package (we do recommend you do the package and get your drinks included! Well worth it) is buffet. But, it is about par with well, Country Buffet. Some higher end ingredients, but, not 5 star. I won't beat it up because it is adequate. But, you want something fancy, go out one night on the island and you will find higher quality. There is alot of prefab food (IQF...frozen and baked out). I wish they would use more fish that is local and plentiful. Ah well. The rooms are clean...for me the beds are hard. But I will do one of those comparisons right now between Little Cayman Beach Resort and Brac....the rooms are much NICER over at Little Cayman. Also you get a fridge and a microwave which are nice to have. More closet space as well. But...that doesn't mean the rooms are hideous or anything...just not as nice. One small thing that they have changed that bugs me a bit...they dispensed with the Loyalty bumps. You used to get a 100.00 off for returning customers and a T Shirt. But they stopped doing that and increased prices. I mean, come on...a T Shirt? Really? You couldn't do that for people who come back to you??? BUT...
I just keep heading back and being very happy!

Room Tip: Get as far away from the bar area as possible...it is VERY VERY LOUD. On Fridays they have a BBQ(wh...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MademoiselleX
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Planned this trip with a group of divers and couldn't have been more pleased. The entire staff went out of their way to make sure my every need was taken care of, the food was amazing and the diving was out of this world. They know how to treat divers and catered to our schedule. A special thanks to Paul, Barb and Omar!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Izziemom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This resort exceeded all expectatations! Dining, diving, room and staff! As a couple we enjoyed our vacation and the staff was well beyond what we could have asked for. I do not dive but my husband does and we both were VERY entertained and felt very relaxed and at ease the entire stay. The diving experiance was beyond what he he expected and we will be returning to stay. We were with a large group and the staff handled us with care and grace. Met every need of every person. We felt like royalty! Beautiful surroundings and great food! I cant speak enough of the staff. They went above and beyond what was expected of them. We had service from the moment we stepped off the plane with refreshments to the taxi service back to the airport the day we left. WE ALL HATED TO LEAVE.. We will be BRAC FOR MORE...

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I went with my brothers and a group from our dive shop, DJ's Scuba Locker in Lyons, Illinois. 22 of us went for a week, almost all of us Nitrox divers. The trip got off to a rocky start, not because of Brac Reef Beach Resort, but because of Cayman Airways. Their flight schedule is a bit more relaxed than most major air carriers. Our flight was supposed to leave Grand Cayman at around 3:30, but we didn't take off until almost 7:30. We were greeted by very friendly staff at the resort, checked in and were told that the kitchen had been kept open for us. All meals there are served buffet style. Gear bags were left in our rooms, each assigned for a specific occupant. You are to put all of your gear in the bag and leave it outside your room when you leave for breakfast the next morning. The rooms were clean and in decent shape. The lights and air conditioning are activated by placing one of your room keys into a slot on the wall (to help conserve energy).
After breakfast, we headed down to a tank room to verify our NITROX tanks, then to one of three boats (ours was the Little Sister). After each day of diving we headed back to make sure we had tanks tested and verified for the following day. Our BCDs and regulators were set up on tanks in spots on the boat that were assigned to each individual. We had Mickey and BJ as divemasters all week. The pre-dive briefings were comprehensive and they both did a great job leading the dives. They regularly killed the invasive lionfish and fed them to the abundant Nassau Groupers in the area. Fish variety was pretty good. I wish we had seen more sharks. I only saw one large Nurse Shark the entire week. Travel times to the dive sites were generally pretty short and there was always cool fresh water and plenty of snacks on board. On Tuesday we skipped the afternoon dive and did a night dive right off the breakwater. Plenty of shrimp, lobster life as well as octopus. Getting back on board after the night dive was a bit tricky with the jellyfish, but I love a challenge.
The food was plenty and overall very good. Plenty of variety and the desserts were very good. you received a ticket that was good for three beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) a day, plus a coupon for a free rum punch drink. At the end of the week we were treated to a steak BBQ. Our server, Omar, provided first-class service all week and even made a different hot sauce for whatever dish was served at dinner.
If your looking to put a new pin in your dive map, I'd strongly consider Brac Reef Beach Resort.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Cayman Brac has little to offer besides diving. Brac Reef offers a great dive experience within comfortable lodgings, attentive staff, and excellent food. The valet diving is very helpful and Cayman Brac has a fabulous amount of diving sites. The dining room provides excellent meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. The rooms are comfy and daily service keeps everything clean and attended. Water pressure can get a little low - its a small island! The outdoor bar, was a fun place to congregate and visit. Even bicycle cruisers are available to check out the island - since the "taxi" service is quite limited.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I'm a solo traveller and I usually try to avoid family all inclusive beach resorts but was lured here through the diving and was very happy with my stay. You are not just a number but treated as a valued guest whther you are part of a large dive group, a family or a solo traveler.

A taxi was waiting at the airport to take me to the resort--which is actually just behind the airport. Same deal upon departure--the resort pays the drivers for your transfers.

I checked in about 10 AM but despite it being the 4th of July week, they had a room ready for me. The friendly Filipino lady at reception organized someone to carry my dive bag to the room and it was there before I was. All the staff were very friendly and professional. Even though dinner is from 6-8 PM, if you do a night dive and want to eat after your dive just tell the staff what you want from the buffet and it will be waiting for you at the bar. If you leave on an early morning flight before the restaurant opens, they will have a packed breakfast for you on the reception desk. These are the thoughtful touch you can expect here.

It was a good sized room with two Queen sized beds. Rooms are modern and very clean. You get fast WIFI in the rooms (there is also a public computer in the lobby but with no printer) as well as a decent selection of cable channels.

Food is good for an all inclusive deal. I'm a vegetarian and there were enough salads and vegetables to satisy me.

There is a tiny fitness room which would really benefit from a stronger airconditioner as the sweat just drips down after a few minutes in the stuffy room with no windows looking outside. There is a running machine, cross trainer and weight machine plus free weights and a small TV. Note, however, that staff and island residents can pay to use the facility so it can get crowded in that tiny room and some users are not thoughtful to other guests. There were three high school resident girls who always used the gym at about 5 PM (which is the only time divers are able to use it) who were very loud and who turned up their I-Phones to drown out whatever TV program you might be watching before they walked in. Maybe they need to post some rules?

The on site dive shop is superbly professional and fun. Note, however, that the best diving is on Little Cayman on Bloody Bay Wall. They run trips every week for a $35 surcharge per diver. They accomodated me when I wanted to go there twice in a row.

I had a very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort? Share your experiences!