“Great value for dive groups”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We went with a dive group, with my wife getting certified on this trip; I'm a non-diver. The diving was excellent by all accounts, and the boat staff were good. I snorkeled from the dive boat several days; the shallower dive sites on the south side of the island are pretty good for snorkeling, while the deep sites are not good for snorkeling. It's a quiet place, great for relaxing in a hammock on the beach or in a lounge chair by the pool. The staff is quite friendly, the food on the meal plan is plentiful and very good (desserts are especially yummy). Rooms are nicely furnished, and they were replacing mattresses in many (maybe all) rooms while we were there. There is not much else to do on this island, so this is a place to dive and relax.

The price we paid as part of the group made this a really great value, but even their usual rates seem very reasonable.

Room Tip: Expect that all rooms are roughly similar, resort is only two stories so not many stairs to worry ab...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Brac Reef Resort was wonderful! The staff was very friendly from the moment I got there. They were eager to make this your best time! The food, what do I say, I put on 6 pounds in 6 days!! There were activities at night and the rooms were wonderful! I would do this trip again in a heart beat!
This being an Island the drinks were very pricey but thats the only negative. Pool was great and the sunrises and sunsets couldn't be beat!!!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor in the middle. I would like to have a first floor so it would have been ea...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Spent a week here as a non-diver. After reading the sparse reviews found on the internet many times, and trying to determine if this resort was snorkeler friendly, I decided it was, and booked.
Be warned.. all of Cayman Brack beach areas are extremely difficult to walk on, as the island originates on a shelf of very holey rock formations that are impossible to walk upon. There are holes on the rock and many sharp points. The water is shallow to an area far out.. so there is plenty of walking over these rocks to get to an area to swim. We were there on a windy week in October with a lot of rain, and the water was rough, and not as clear as we hoped. If you are a snorkeler only, this is not the place to go. The divers seemed to have a great time!

All beach areas are littered with ocean litter.. bottles, caps, flip flops.

As far as the resort goes, the food was great, service fine. The beach is unswimmable due to its shallowness, and again, those rocks..

Cayman Brac has little to offer. We rented a car, $30 per day.. drove up and down the two roads. The caves are dull, and bat-less. There is NO shopping at all. If you don't dive, don't go.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SueBMaine
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I read the trip adivsors before booking this trip, alot of people have wonderful things to say, but there were 4 or 5 that rated the place absolutly terrible. Just to let everyone know those 4 or 5 visited the reost prior to the remodeling. Brac Reef went under a complete remodle/ renovation after hurrican paloma destroyed the hotel. It is a Beautiful resort with plenty of things to do on island for non divers. My husband dives but I do not, so i went on a tour of the island that the hotel booked for me. The Staff was amazing and over the top wonderful. The food was delishes! I cant wait to go back. We are planning an anniversary trip for next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NattyG813
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Everything about the resort and dive operation was first class. This was the best dive operation I have ever experienced. Dive boats were immaculate and impeccably designed for safety and comfort. All safety procedures were followed. Medical equipment present and functional. Staff trained and fiendly. A+

Room Tip: maybe second floor. maybe...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2011

As a store owner I am always looking for dive destinations to meet the needs of all of my customers. The seven day trip we booked at Brac Reef Resort was top notch. All of my customers had nothing but praise for the accomodations, food and diving. Add in the staff with their positive and cheery attitudes and we found paradise. Many of the customers have already asked when are we booking another trip to Cayman Brac (and we just got home today).

You won't be disappointed with this resort.

Tom H.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I and 14 friends stayed at the Brac Reef Resort last week for a dive vacation. Our diving was simply fantastic. The diver operators were professional and informative. Our lodging was great. We had nice clean rooms everyday when we returned from diving, since most of us were on the first floor there was a little patio that we used to read at our leisure, dry some of our gear or just sit. The food was excellent. I have never been to a place where every soup that was prepared was simply fantastic.

It also made me and a couple of my friends that had been there before feel extra special when Omar, one of our waiters, recognized us. All the staff from office to the diving were very professional and it was greatly appreciated by the group.

Been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort? Share your experiences!