“Best Scuba Diving Resort in the Caribbean by Far”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cayman Brac
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We just returned from a week at this resort. To say we enjoyed our stay would be a gross understatement. Every part of our stay was superb. The rooms were beautiful, nicely furnished, and very modern. The meals were nothing short of fabulous, every meal, every day. The dining room staff were the best we’ve seen. The dive masters (Ian and Dave) were very professional, attentive to all divers and a sincere pleasure every day for 6 days. The dive shop staff was terrific and went out of their way to make our diving experience a great one. The hot stone massages in the spa that we both got were a high point of the trip. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone and guarantee that we’ll be back. This is the best kept secret in the Caribbean. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect with ocean/beach views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dolphin913

Reviewed May 15, 2011

My dive buddy and I returned to Cayman Brac for another dive trip (last visit was 2003). Even better than before. Remodel since the devastating hurricane in 2008 a huge success. Food just as fabulous, as is the staff. Special thanks to Omar, Junior and Geraldine, and to the wonderful chefs. Friendly and very helpful front desk. Mirna took great care of us at the bar. Very well-run resort.

Reef Divers onsite dive operation still top notch and very conveniently located, and now the only dive operation on the island (Divi Dive has been abandoned). Vicki is now on Little Cayman and Craig retired to Minnesota, but the new dive masters we dove with are very good. We dove on all three dive boats over the course of the week (Big, Little and Coral Sister), with Ian, Menne, Brett, Barb, and BJ. All still focused on safety and showing guests a great dive. A new addition: conquering the lionfish (grouper seem to love them). My favorite dive: Anchor Wall, just outside the breakwall from the resort. Lots of fish and a beautiful dive on Snapper Reef and Plymouth Rock. Lots of turtles.

Be sure to get at least a massage from Elaine..I have all of my tension in my shoulders and upper back....but no more thanks to Elaine. Excellent spa services.

We will return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jr. Suite #118
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jannaqq
Reviewed April 14, 2011

My husband and I went with a group from our dive shop. The resort was more upscale than I expected, the food was very tasty & healthy.
Most of all we enjoyed the diving. The dive masters we had for the week were exceptional, Mick & Barbie. The boat is right out your doorstep, they take care of all your gear, you basically just have to jump off the boat. Our dive experiences were varied which was good for us as we are still on the learning curve. We chalked up a wreck dive, drift dive, swin throughs, wall dive...it could not have beeen better!
I would return and highly recommend this as a dive vacation destination.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 23, 2011

As the ratings show above this is an excellent resort. The dining, diving and accommodations are first class and the service is of the same standard.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank grubbyrat
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Just got back to the cold Northeast from Brac Reef Beach Resort and I must say that we were delighted with our stay.

We had been to Little Cayman four years ago, had a great dive experience with Reef Divers (the only dive operator on Cayman Brac) there and likewise had a great experience with Reef Divers on Cayman Brac.

I had heard there was a hurricane there and the resort damaged, but there was no evidence of hurricane destruction at the resort. This is not true of the rest of the island, as we passed several hotels/condos and private houses that had been abandoned.

We had the full meal plan and our three/day plus 3 drinks was amply satisfying. The food is varied and tasty. Friday night is barbecue, which offered choice of steak, chicken or ribs. The bar has a trivia night, karaoke night (which didn't run much past 10pm), movie night, and live, local entertainment on Friday. Many locals or visitors staying at other places come to the resort for these night -- all in all, a lot of fun, but not super hard partying.

It is mostly a dive resort; almost all the guests dive or their traveling companion(s) did. Reef Divers is great; you can leave your BC on the boat overnight and wetsuit/fins, etc. in a drying room, so you never have to schlep stuff back to your room (btw/ rooms are pretty basic; our bath was newly tiled, full shower (no tub), new floor). 2nd floor rooms have a little balcony facing south or south east.

Reef Divers took us to seventeen different spots over six days, including to Little Cayman sites and the "356" wreck. Water was warm, mostly 77--79 degrees, even at 80-90 feet deep. I really think they are a top notch diver operator; they helped with minor equipment issues, were very knowledgeable about the area, knew gazillions of fish and where to find them, had nice boats and comprehensive, laminated fish guides available on the boat.

If you are into low-key, relaxing dive vacations, where you can dive in the AM and drink a beer in a hammock while you watch the sun set in the PM, Cayman Brac Beach Resort and Reef Divers would be right for you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My week stay at the Brac Reef Beach Resort was amazing! The hotel is modern, clean, low-key and quiet. The staff were awesome - warm, friendly and made me feel like family. The vibe of the hotel is laid back but very professional and I felt at home. I traveled solo and found it easy to be social when I wanted and I could also find plenty of quality alone time. The hammocks are an amazing place to sit and read or listen to the breeze and waves and watch puffy clouds roll by. One of my favorite treats at the hotel was the bikes they have available to take out. Every afternoon I went for a bike ride - hardly any cars on the roads and it was easy to find deserted beaches to explore.
The dive operation is top notch! The crew really took care of me. Safety is a top priority and I loved the thorough dive briefings. I am a somewhat new diver and hadn't been diving in two years and was a little nervous about getting back in the water. I hired a private DM the first day who literally took me by the hand and helped me get comfortable diving again. By the end of the week, I was feeling comfortable and confident.
Water temps were between 82 and 86 degrees! I love diving in shorts and a t-shirt! On shore the temps were in the upper 80's but it was very comfortable with the constant trade winds blowing off the water.
Brac Reef totally exceeded my expectations and I had a wonderful stay. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, low-key, get-away-from-it-all kind of place with good food, great diving, and lots of friendly people then Brac Reef is for you! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank bigbrisf
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Went as tourist to this resort, left with new friends to go back and see. Everyone who worked there bent over backwards to please us My wife and I don,t dive so we booked the romance package. It was perfect for us Great suite to stay in, great food, very nice sandy beach to enjoy. Snorkeling was very good also. This was our 30th anniversary, getaway and Brac reef hit a home run.! This is a dive resort but it is also perfect for people that don,t dive.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cayman Brac Beach Resort? Share your experiences!