“Want some peace? Here it is!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast
You added Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Cayman Brac B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Want some peace? Here it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I've stayed at Mango Manor 3 times now, and I really would like to recommend it strongly. First of all, Cayman Brac is completely different from Grand Cayman. The Brac is really a peaceful place, very relaxing. Mango Manor has a very nice beach. Actually it's rocky along the water but there is a nice sandy area with a gazebo and hammocks and an easy entry point for the water. Good snorkeling there. Walk up to the concrete entry a few 100 yards up to the right and swim with the current back down. Can't get better than that!
The "manor" is a nice home-like structure. I've only seen one other guest there. It has nice amenities, nothing fancy, but very comfortable. A few doors down is the grocery, which is very convenient and well stocked (even sells lunches; you can make dinner in the Manor kitchen). I stayed there not long after the bad hurricane and all was good at the Manor and the island seems to have well-recovered; it looked like the government really helped.
This is a very relaxing and well-taken-care-of B&B on a wonderful island. Lynn and George are terrific (they have a home nearby, but don't intrude) and attentive. Have fun! Absolutely recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Douglas L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Baden, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I highly recommend Walton Resorts for Caribbean weddings. Lynne's husband built her a chapel on their property that is beautiful. We have some of the best pictures of our wedding in the chapel and around the property on Walton's Mango Manor. She has a picture of the chapel on their website http://www.waltonsmangomanor.com. If you like to get away from the tourist islands this is the place to go. I highly recommend this place if you love to go to bed & breakfast resorts. They treat you like family and it is so relaxing.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My wife broke her ankle over on Little Cayman island and we were sent to the hospital on Cayman Brac. The nurse at the clinic on Little Cayman called the owner of the Mango Manor (Lynne) to reserve a room since we would be spending at least one night on the Brac. Lynne was an amazing hostess - even coming to the ER to make sure that the EMS staff knew where to take us after the treatment. We ended up staying two nights and even with the circumstances thoroughly enjoyed our stay. In Mango Manor you get an authentic island experience, charming accommodations at a reasonable price and tremendous hospitality. We are already planning our return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
southern california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Brac itself is a wonderful place. The diving is great. Make sure to dive the russian frigate, spectacular.

As far as Mango Manor is concerned, I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and stayed at a variety of small hotels, resorts, and hostels. For the price (over $100/night), I was not impressed with Mango Manor.

I do want to mention however, that my stay was enjoyable but for the money there are much nicer places to stay.

I'll give you a list and you can form your own impression:

(1) After confirming my itinerary with Lynne prior to the trip, I showed up at 11pm after a long flight to to find no one at Mango Manor. Another guest was able to call Lynne and she finally showed up, telling me she thought that I was supposed to have arrived that morning.

(2) I shared my bathroom with several large spiders.

(3) There was no soap/shampoo in the shower. I ended up washing myself and my hair with handsoap from a pump bottle taken from the sink.

(4) The included "breakfast" was good but I'm a young guy and like to eat more than an egg or two and some toast for breakfast. I immediately had to go over to the nearby grocery to find more food.

(5) The general attitude of the owners was friendly but I couldn't help but feel that they were...not sure how to describe this...talking down to me ever so slightly. I didn't feel they were genuine.

(6) I would like to add that I went over to the dive shop at the Brac Reef hotel the first morning to get some recommendations for dive sites around the island (They're the only dive operator on the island? i think). The dive shop staff was overly helpful and extremely friendly. They have some great advice and will be able to tell you about sites where the bouy markers have been washed away.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

If you are looking for a beach-scene, club-scene kind of place, stay away from Walton's Mango Manor. Indeed, stay away from Cayman Brac. Please! But if you want to kick back and catch your breath, this is the perfect place and the perfect island. Mango Manor is a homey, immaculately-maintained vintage island house with manicured grounds of tropical fruit trees stretching from the road to the sea. Other reviews here have hit most of the points so I won't repeat them. Even the negative review was more or less accurate (except about the breakfasts, which were excellent), if unfair.

If your expectations match what the island offers, then by all means stay at Mango Manor. You will not be sorry.

• Liked — Atmosphere, service, value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

I was on Caymon Brac a week ago and had the pleasure of staying with the Walton's at their Bed and Breakfast at Stake Bay on the north coast. I highly highly highly recommend this place for anyone interested in one of the most laid back and beautiful islands in the islands mon (I've been on 67 islands in the West Indies so I know a little of what I say). The Waltons are a fount of information and go out of their way to attend to each and every thing that comes up. I simply cannot think of another place I would care to stay on this beautiful island. And, if you want to see the Cayman Brac subspecies of Cuban Parrot (which is why I went to Cayman Brac) just hang out in the Walton's spacious and heavily-mangoed yard and you'll certainly see them.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Leaving when I had to leave.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Travels_the_Tropics
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for the first half of our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa on the beach (actually there is a small infrequently traveled road between the villa and the beach). The Walton's and Nina (the cook) were incredibly nice. Every morning Nina made us a delicious breakfast which was perfect before a long day of diving.
This is a place to totally relax and scuba dive as there is not much going on on the island. It was a fantastic trip.

• Liked — people and private beach
  • Stayed May 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank neitzjl
Cayman Breakers Condominiums
Cayman Breakers Condominiums
#3 of 4 in Cayman Brac
4.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!