“Sweet, sweet place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cayman Brac
Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast
You added Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 2 Cayman Brac B&B and Inns
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Sweet, sweet place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

If you are looking for a hearty, made-to-order breakfast, spotlessly clean rooms, a charming house, a beautiful garden and the friendliest hosts, then Walton's Mango Manor is the place for you. The breakfasts always had at least 2 fresh fruits, plus juice and coffee. Lynn's oatmeal was the best I have ever had. She served mango-maple syrup with her pancakes and fabulous French toast in the formal dining room. George and Lynn Walton were two of the nicest and most interesting people we have ever met. They made us feel like family instead of guests. They know everyone and every place on Cayman Brac. Lynn arranged for a rental car for us, as well as a private tour of the island. The rooms are tastefully decorated and have private baths. There is a large, comfortable living room, front porch and kitchen available for guests' use. It is a short walk through the lush backyard garden to the ocean. During our visit, we met other guests who were repeat visitors to Walton's Mango Manor, and we could see why. We can't imagine staying at any other place on Cayman Brac. This is truly a gem of a place.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem for you, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Scullyster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Weston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

We did not stay in the building that housed the bed & breakfast, so can't comment on those facilities. We rented the stand-alone villa called Sea Dreams.

Sea Dreams was a two bedroom, two bath villa with full kitchen and a living room/dining room area. It was very attractive, light and airy. The villa is about a 15 minute ride from the airport and is on a very quiet, safe side street facing the ocean. There is a small beach area with a pretty gazebo, but not good for swimming because of the coral lining the shore. The snorkeling is said to be very good, but the winds and surf were high when we were there, so we cannot speak to that. A car is a must.

Lynne and George Walton are very gracious hosts. The grounds are very pretty. George has even built Lynne a beautiful temple on the grounds, the only one in the Cayman Islands, if we are not mistaken.

Cayman Brac is a rugged island. There are only several beach areas. Hiking boots are a must if you plan on doing any serious hiking. Make sure you go looking for the Cayman Brac parrot. Find papayas trees with ripe papayas, go early in the morning or late in the afternoon and you will probably spot some.

Check out Cheffete for a local, little restaurant. It is on White Bay Road. The sign listing that day's specials is on North East Bay Road.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smokeylinks
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

If you like B&B's as opposed to hotels or resorts, you won't be disappointed at Mango Manor. Cayman Brac is quieter and even more laid back than Grand Cayman and Mango Manor fits into the mould very comfortably. The owners made it very relaxing for us and when work is finished on the gazebo on their private beach, this will offer a welcome additional facility. Our only fault was that the A/C unit in our room was rather noisy, but apart from that we'd thoroughly recommend it if you want to 'Chill out on the Brac'. PS: try a take-away from Aunt Sha's down the road - brilliant!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slowdiver
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I've stayed at Mango Manor 3 times now, and I really would like to recommend it strongly. First of all, Cayman Brac is completely different from Grand Cayman. The Brac is really a peaceful place, very relaxing. Mango Manor has a very nice beach. Actually it's rocky along the water but there is a nice sandy area with a gazebo and hammocks and an easy entry point for the water. Good snorkeling there. Walk up to the concrete entry a few 100 yards up to the right and swim with the current back down. Can't get better than that!
The "manor" is a nice home-like structure. I've only seen one other guest there. It has nice amenities, nothing fancy, but very comfortable. A few doors down is the grocery, which is very convenient and well stocked (even sells lunches; you can make dinner in the Manor kitchen). I stayed there not long after the bad hurricane and all was good at the Manor and the island seems to have well-recovered; it looked like the government really helped.
This is a very relaxing and well-taken-care-of B&B on a wonderful island. Lynn and George are terrific (they have a home nearby, but don't intrude) and attentive. Have fun! Absolutely recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Douglas L
New Baden, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I highly recommend Walton Resorts for Caribbean weddings. Lynne's husband built her a chapel on their property that is beautiful. We have some of the best pictures of our wedding in the chapel and around the property on Walton's Mango Manor. She has a picture of the chapel on their website http://www.waltonsmangomanor.com. If you like to get away from the tourist islands this is the place to go. I highly recommend this place if you love to go to bed & breakfast resorts. They treat you like family and it is so relaxing.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

My wife broke her ankle over on Little Cayman island and we were sent to the hospital on Cayman Brac. The nurse at the clinic on Little Cayman called the owner of the Mango Manor (Lynne) to reserve a room since we would be spending at least one night on the Brac. Lynne was an amazing hostess - even coming to the ER to make sure that the EMS staff knew where to take us after the treatment. We ended up staying two nights and even with the circumstances thoroughly enjoyed our stay. In Mango Manor you get an authentic island experience, charming accommodations at a reasonable price and tremendous hospitality. We are already planning our return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
southern california
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

Brac itself is a wonderful place. The diving is great. Make sure to dive the russian frigate, spectacular.

As far as Mango Manor is concerned, I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and stayed at a variety of small hotels, resorts, and hostels. For the price (over $100/night), I was not impressed with Mango Manor.

I do want to mention however, that my stay was enjoyable but for the money there are much nicer places to stay.

I'll give you a list and you can form your own impression:

(1) After confirming my itinerary with Lynne prior to the trip, I showed up at 11pm after a long flight to to find no one at Mango Manor. Another guest was able to call Lynne and she finally showed up, telling me she thought that I was supposed to have arrived that morning.

(2) I shared my bathroom with several large spiders.

(3) There was no soap/shampoo in the shower. I ended up washing myself and my hair with handsoap from a pump bottle taken from the sink.

(4) The included "breakfast" was good but I'm a young guy and like to eat more than an egg or two and some toast for breakfast. I immediately had to go over to the nearby grocery to find more food.

(5) The general attitude of the owners was friendly but I couldn't help but feel that they were...not sure how to describe this...talking down to me ever so slightly. I didn't feel they were genuine.

(6) I would like to add that I went over to the dive shop at the Brac Reef hotel the first morning to get some recommendations for dive sites around the island (They're the only dive operator on the island? i think). The dive shop staff was overly helpful and extremely friendly. They have some great advice and will be able to tell you about sites where the bouy markers have been washed away.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayman Brac
Cayman Breakers Condominiums
Cayman Breakers Condominiums
#3 of 4 in Cayman Brac
4.5 of 5 stars 11 reviews

Been to Walton's Mango Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!