“First Class Dive Operation”

Reef Divers Cayman Islands
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Cayman Brac
More attraction details
Owner description: Reef Divers, the onsite dive operator at Little Cayman Beach Resort, Cayman Brac Beach Resort and Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort offers one-of-a-kind “valet diving” service. Immerse yourself in the thrill of the dive as we take care of the work and worries. Let our experienced team oversee the lifting, hauling, and packing of all the diving gear, while all you have to carry are great memories. Explore Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac's best diving sites while relaxing and riding on our custom-made dive fleet. All you need to do is show up and dive. Hate the hassle of handling heavy tanks? Let us change your tanks after every dive. Our team will even rinse your gear right on the boat as you unwind on the dock when your day of diving is done. Divers are encouraged to place their gear in a bag outside their door the first morning where our dive staff will pick it up, take it to the boat and set up their gear. We will take care of everything else, including packing up your gear and rinsing it after the day’s diving. We are affiliated with PADI, SSI, and the Universal Referral Program. Our professional instructors and boat captains balance concern for your dive safety and care for the environment, yet are committed to give you an unforgettable and completely unique diving experience. Experience the ease and enjoyment of valet diving with Reef Divers!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First Class Dive Operation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I just returned from six days of diving with Reef Divers. Beccy and Erik were with us all week and took care of everything. While I checked my equipment before every dive, it was wonderful to have everything set up for me before and after each dive. Their knowledge of each dive site was excellent. The dive briefings, including drawings, were very helpful. The extra fee to visit Little Cayman's Bloody Bay wall was well worth it. Our last dive was my favorite (Marilyn's Cut on Bloody Bay Wall). Special thanks to Jeani Oosthuyzen who had office duty while we were there. She was great and handled all our requests with smile.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Kelly H

Chattanooga, Tennessee
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Best of the Best dive operations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

One of THE best dive operations we've experienced in all of our dive travels. Excellent boats; well-appointed, comfortable, roomy, neat, clean, easy to get into/out of dive equipment. Boat captain, Alex and first mate, Heather were superb. Both were very well-versed on all dive sites visited and readily assisted every diver in and out of the water. Both Dive Masters were great in their knowledge of the dive sites and safety protocol. The dive shop even kept a journal of each day's dive location, which they gave to each diver at the end of the week. This was our second visit to Little Cayman and Reef Divers. Once again, we were not disappointed.

1 Thank aquarium-mermaid
Dallas, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Mediocre Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was recently on Cayman Brac and used Reef Divers as my dive outfitter. Be sure and CONFIRM number of dives per day. Would not take out boat (even a short distance) for afternoon dives without a CONFIRMED reservation. We were a bit miffed. We tried to reserve afternoon dives before leaving home, but were assured we could do that after we arrived. Turned out to be incorrect.

Beginner divers be very careful. They only send one diver down with group to lead tour and when tour is over, diver leaves water to assist boat captain with 'valet' service, leaving divers alone under water. Most dive outfitters have two divers in the water during tour and at least one in water until all divers are out, along with the boat captain on the boat at all times.

While their valet dive service was appreciated greatly by me and other females, it seemed overly pushy sometimes.

2 Thank Kimberly S
Maple Grove, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Well run dive shop with great sites just out front of the resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The dive shop was well run and they have nice boats. The VIP service is nice and they are geniuses for marketing it as all for us but greatly adds to safety and makes it much more efficient for them to get people in and out of the water. They dive masters we had were very knowledgable about the sites and gave a good dive briefing. They did a tour each dive if you chose to follow but I have experienced better underwater guides in pointing out hard to see and interesting marine life. Not a bad just have experienced better.
The week was the most relaxing and easiest diving week I have had and the VIP service and easy boat times were a big part of it.
My only negative is the fees. $10/tank on nitrox, $65 for a night dive, $35 to go to Little, $25 for around the island, $65 for an added afternoon dive add up and simple high relative to other sites I have been.

Clearly worth diving Cayman and staying at Brac Reef and diving there is a good choice but plan to spend more than you think.

1 Thank brad c
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Reef Divers spoiled me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reef Divers II is on the Brac Reef Resort property but operated independently. Solid operation and the valet dive service made me spoiled and lazy. At one point i even stopped checking my rig as they were so consistent in doing it. Not a good habit for myself but I am pretty anal about my scuba system so a testament to how solid they are.

Check in will be a bit crazy. lots of folks getttning set up and weights as well as nitrox...so be patient. They leave instuctions and a dive bag in your room. put it outside the morning of your first dive and they haul it to the boat for you. You don't need to bring a dive bag with you as their is little to no hauling of equipment other than mask fins computer and such. WARM waters so I dove in a rash guard and swim trunks all week. never too my wetsuit out of my suitcase.

a 1 time boat orientation makes the first day a bit tedious and the toilet on my boat wasn't working most of the week. That was a down side but not a big deal.

They leave your BC on a tank all week on the boat. You sit down at the end of the boat and put your mask and fins on. The 2 person dive crew brings you your rig and takes it off when you return. They swap tanks for you and you just relax. This is very easy for you and efficient but get out of their way as they are moving folks on and off the boat. You will be on the same boat all week with the same crew so you get to know each other and make soem friends. I like that. hats of to Eric and Hellen who were a blast. They draw the dive location maps themselves which was fun and take turns diving with you. Take the tour or go off on your own.

Very safe boat rules which I learned the hard way. They will warn you if you bend your computer you will sit out and not dive for 48 hours. Well they let you swim around as they get all the divers up and I forgot to take my computer off. A dive in to 10 feet registered as a free dive and ERRORed my zoop. I ended up sitting out 1 dive however Eric, knowing the situation, talked to his boss, made me do a 40/40 dive profile until it reset the next day. Tough lesson for me to learn but in the end my safety was the goal. I appreciated that. Again, like the resort, the staff made the trip and were top shelf!

Dive sites are close so no long trips to and from, typically 15min or less.

Downside...I thought the night dive was not worth it. $65 extra cost per diver and not a lot of of wildlike beyond a lot of lobster. Also a trip to Little Cayman is a great day of diving but an extra $35 per diver fuel cost, and a trip to the Bluffs was also good diving but an extra $25 per diver fuel cost...see a trend here.

The dive team was knowledgeable, work very hard hauling gear and filling tanks, and both dive with you giving tours at each site. With that in mind take cash to tip, and maybe a bit more than usual, at the end of the week. Recommended is $5-$10 per dive per diver...about $100 for each crew member at the end of the week. Tip whatever you wish but I actually wished I had had more cash with me for a bigger tip at the end. Great service and not sure I did them justice. I plan to make up for it when I go back.

2 Thank Andrew S