This is a really friendly hotel on the sea front in a beautiful place. Don't let the lack of atmosphere in the dining room put you off. The food is obviously made on the premises, uses fresh ingredients and includes fascinating and unusual combinations of flavours. The side salad tends to be a bit unimaginative - but that hardly matters given the overall quality and imagination in the main courses. Portions are generous. I am amazed the kitchen copes when the place is so busy.
The rooms are up to the minute and very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iain and Wilma, offer you a warm welcome at Gwesty Ty Newydd. The hotel is situated in the picturesque and historic village of Aberdaron on the Llŷn Peninsula, North West Wales. Gwesty Ty Newydd directly overlooks the bay and sandy beach of Aberdaron, which is one of the finest and safest beaches on Llŷn. Stay in comfort in this fine hotel, enjoy fantastic views and savour the delights of freshly caught Bardsey lobster and crab, afternoon teas with home baked cakes and watch the sun go down from the terrace or in our newly refurbished lounge whilst enjoying a drink from the fully licensed bar. Dine in the restaurant enjoying meals cooked with the finest fresh locally produced ingredients whilst savouring views over the sea towards the islands.You will be guaranteed a warm welcome at Gwesty Ty Newydd whatever time of year you choose to visit us on the Llŷn Peninsula, and every season has a beauty all of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Gwesty Ty Newydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwesty Ty Newydd Hotel Aberdaron
- Gwesty Ty Newydd Aberdaron, Wales