“Awesome Island”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Little Cayman Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Everything about this week long stay at Little Cayman Beach Resort was 1st class! after the 1st day the everyone addressed you by your name, the food was of the chart great both varity and quality. the diving was excelent with our crew Warran and Ben i couldnt ask for more. great pre-dive planing and the choice to go off with your buddy or get a tour. the accomidations were very good although i wasnt there much sept to sleep and shower. dinning service was execlent! the bar staff and atmosphere was excelent Jose, Teressa and Grase made the surface time a lot of fun! I dont know how Grace put up with me for a week or visa versa Ha.... i would recomend this as a Caribbean destanatation for Diving, relaxation, food and fun

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jim H

Reviewed February 19, 2014

From the time you hit the runway till you leave, the dive trip is stress free. The combination of great service, clean rooms and property, great buffet dining and a great dive staff is second to none . Sharon and Heather are a fabulous team on the dive boat. Will return next year!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Cal S
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Just left Little Cayman Beach Resort after a week of diving. Entire staff was great! Food was wonderful. The desserts offered twice a day are dangerously delicious. Difficult not to try at least a bite of everything!We joked that the dining room staff could read our minds.They were at our table with whatever we wanted before we could ask. Thank you Judeen, Tanisha, Samantha, Robert, and Claudia
Little Cayman Reef Divers were loads of fun. Warren and Ben took us out for the best diving yet.
Bar staff kept us entertained in the evening. Thanks Grace, Jose and Teresa!
Kayaks, bikes, tennis court, pool, and spa to fill any gaps between diving, meals, and wonderful naps in the beach hammocks.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Beth F
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Some people are easy to please, while others are hard to please. Both groups should go to LCBR. The former will be even more ebullient than usual, and the latter will have to work harder to find something to criticize.

It can be a bit of adventure to get there from Grand Cayman. When our flight landed at GCM, we had to go through Customs, pick up our bags, exit the airport and go back in through another door to reach the Cayman Airways counter. Once we checked our bags, we had to go outside (again) to get in another line to go through security (again) to get on the next flight. We waited (in vain) in the terminal for a boarding announcement. When our boarding time passed with no announcement, we sought out a Cayman Airways agent who said that he would investigate and get back to us. Instead, he walked away and stood behind the counter. We found someone else who told us where to wait. Still no indication that our departure was imminent. In desperation, I turned to the guy behind me to ask if there was a chance that he was heading to Little Cayman. His answer: “I’m sure trying!” The confusion arises because all departing flights to all locations are crammed into the tiny terminal, so there is no way to tell who is getting on which flight. Eventually, someone from Cayman Airways lead us outside. We walked to the end of the tarmac to our plane, but then were told that we couldn’t board. Back into the terminal we go, we (not so) happy band of travelers. No clear explanation was given for the delay. A few minutes later, the same guy lead us out of the terminal and we boarded the same plane. The operational organization department of Cayman Airways needs to work on the employee training.

I was prepared for the wee, oh, let’s call it an airport, at Little Cayman. The terminal is smaller than my first apartment. The LCBR shuttle was waiting for us. When people say that it is a two-minute drive to the resort, that is a temporal specification, not an idiom. You may wish to pack a bathing suit in your carry-on if you want to use the pool right away, as your bags will arrive at your room after you do, but it’s very short wait. Clive will deliver your luggage to your room.

Check-in was very easy. If you arrive before 17h00, you’ll want to scamper over to the dive shop right away so that you can register for the next day’s diving. The rooms are a good size, with comfortable beds. They are very specific about the resort’s rules: little cards around the room and around the property advise what is prohibited (e.g. hanging wet items in the bathroom. You are expected to take them outside to the drying area behind your room). The air conditioning is loud, but we slept with it off and the fan on and were quite comfortable.

Bar: If you are on the AI plan, you will get a little card with two boxes allotted for each day’s drinks. Bar staff will check off the drinks. Note: the AI plan only includes standard drinks. Anything elaborate will be a surcharge. Remember that when that the Cayman Lemonade beckons. I love a tiki bar and I *really* love Beach Nuts. Grace, Teresa and José will take care of you. Wednesday night is Trivia Night!

Food: One of our party was worried about the all-buffet food service. No need for concern. Every meal was different and delicious. By the second day the staff had learned my allergies (*all* of them) and prepared special meals for me as necessary. If none of the offerings were open to me, staff would arrive at our table as soon as we were seated to announce “You cannot have these dishes. Chef has made you a special meal. It will be ready in five minutes.” The meals (even the ones that I couldn’t eat) were unbelievable for such a teeny island. Selections from our week: duck, a seafood buffet and quail. Our only disappointment was not being able to sample the Beef Wellington, which is reputed to be phenomenal.

Water: We didn’t have any issues, nor did we hear of anyone else having difficulties.

Hotel staff: I’ll pick but one example of excellence from the week. Our room key didn’t work. The manager (Kimberly) apologized up and down and bought us a round of drinks.

Diving: We saw everything except whales and octopi (but we didn’t do the night dive). Grouper that will not leave you alone until you rub their bellies (hard to acclimate to touching the wildlife, but the animals initiate it). Turtles everywhere. Three dives per day were included with our package.

Dive Staff: Incredibly, their service rivals that of the hotel staff. Your safety is their priority, but your enjoyment of the experience is a close second. You will be on the same boat with the same crew all week. Good luck finding nicer, more knowledgeable dive masters than Warren and Reggie. To be sure, our boatmates made the experience the most fun that we’ve ever had diving, but Warren and Reggie are a big part of the that. Try this test: tell Warren only that you saw a blue fish, about 15cm long and wait to see how long it takes him to identify the fish. You can dive with them, or go off on your own. Of course, if you go your own way, you will not have benefit of their expertise in spotting creatures great and small. The thoroughness of the safety briefing would not have been out of place at a disaster preparedness seminar. Even the layout of the boat was exceptional.

Other guests: We are not, shall we say, the most sociable of creatures. LCBR turned us into the lives of the party. We quickly found commonalities with our boatmates, and have already made plans to dive with them next year.

Bottom line: This is not a five-star luxury resort, but who needs luxury with this level of service, food and diving?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Biensapeau
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have just returned from a trip to Little Cayman and staying for a week (Feb 8 to 15, 2014) at Little Cayman Beach Resort.

PROS:
• Extremely well run operation – all of the staff is friendly, learns your name and help in any way asked. From the welcome at the airport to the goodbye at the airport they were consistently excellent. A very professionally run staff that many resorts should study.
• Food- yes, a buffet and I know some people do not like them. However, the food was better than most upscale restaurants in the Caribbean (and many other places as well). The fact that you served yourself in no way diminished the quality, presentation, variety and volume of food available. My wife is a vegetarian and had many options, and not just the salad bar. The freshness of the food was remarkable. The deserts were incredible and varied.
• Beach – it was clean and being maintained on a daily basis. Many lounges and several hammocks as well.
• Rooms – we had an ocean front room and thought it was worth the additional cost, but others in our group of 14 enjoyed the standard rooms as well. The room was very clean, well maintained, and up to date with like new furnishings.
• Dive operation – obviously the main reason why we went. Our group consisted of 14 divers from a few recently certified to one of the most experienced professionals in the recreational dive industry. The boats were professionally operated, well maintained and safe. The briefings were detailed with drawn maps and fun as well. The staff would lead dives if you wanted a tour (pointed out critters and not just lead you on a dive from point A back to point A as many other dive masters tend to do) or you could go on your own. The dive profiles were reasonable and allowed for as much diving as we wanted. “Valet” diving means that the staff brings your gear to you while you sit on a bench at the back of the boat so you are not carrying you gear. They also take it back to the racks for you after a dive. For those with issues carrying their gear this was great. You can also gear up in the more traditional manner as well. A big thank you to Warren and Ben for staffing the Holiday Diver.
• Diving – Bloody Bay Wall is all it is advertised to be and actually had more variety than one would assume since there are also many reefs in shallower water for end of dive entertainment when off gassing. We saw several sharks along the wall as well the usual Caribbean suspects including three large mantas. I did not notice any “wear and tear” on the reefs from divers before us. Turtles were seen on every dive and only a few lion fish were spotted. Apparently they have moved to deeper waters after some aggressive culling. Visibility was a conservative 100+ every day and the day we went to the Tibbetts you could easily see the entire length of the 330 foot wreck – as soon as you jumped in…. Water temps stayed about 83 F for the week. I have been to about 10 other Caribbean dive spots and Little Cayman is one the top two for diving and the resort number one.

CONS:
• It was funny, during our group’s last meal together we decided that the only complaint was there was nothing to complain about. Is Little Cayman Resort 100% perfect? Of course not, and they can never be for every individual, but having traveled most of the world for business and pleasure I would say they are as close as you are going to get to that perfect mark for an upscale dive resort.

Room Tip: Ocean fronts are worth the additional costs even though all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank wwblair42
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When you add an all friendly staff into a clean quiet Dive Resort with an outstanding dive team,you get L.C.B.R..I do enjoy diving when everyone is upbeat, safe and shares their knowledge. I dove every day for 13 days and it was a constant dive instructor finding critters for me tour.All I had to do was take the pics.. I will go back. There is a lot of life under the water there,many swim throughs and Bloody Bay Wall,(Amazing). When my high pressure hose needed replacing on my own equipment, I was told don't worry I'll fix it,and it was within minutes. Everyone that works there are equally professional, down to earth folks.we did have an ocean front room,which is nice for sunrise at the door every morning. I feel the room size was perfect with a microwave and refrigerator.My wife does not dive, however she wants a quiet beech and that is exactly what she had.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Byron O
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wow! I loved this place even though I am not a diver. The place is immaculate. Very easy going atmosphere.No need to worry about bringing dressy clothes,which is helpful when trying to keep the weight down in your luggage. It is especially nice for men to not have to bring long pants and closed toe shoes. You are on vacation,shouldn't have to worry about those things. The beachfront rooms are worth the extra money. Beautiful views with your own balcony. Nothing beats sitting on your balcony watching the sunrise. The beachfront rooms have a frig and microwave which is nice to have. There is a grocery and liquor store within walking distance. If you are a beach bumb like me you will enjoy the peace and quiet, it is so nice to hear the ocean, and palm tree leaves swaying in the wind. Plenty of loungers and chairs. Everyone who works here are some of the nicest people you would want to meet. The food is delicious. So many choices at every meal. Wonderful homemade soups, salads, meats and fresh vegetables. Of course many other items,too many to mention. You will not leave hungry. Nice to have the choice of either to eat indoors,on the screened in porch or outdoors. Jose, Teresa, and Grace at the bar were wonderful. Always friendly and eager to please. Nice sandy beach,but not a good place to swim in the ocean in front of the resort. I would have to say that is the only downfall of this resort. It is clean but a lot of sea grass and rocky. Good place to snorkel though. Nice hammocks placed on the beach. If you are looking for an action packed place this is not for you. If you want total relaxation, go! This is a dive destination, but even though I am not a diver I will be back. My husband dove everyday and loved it. It is his favorite now. I heard about how great it was everyday.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Little Cayman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!