Little Cayman Beach Resort
Le Soleil d'Or(Cayman Brac)
$450
$437
All reviewsdive shopvalet divingdive sitesbloody bay wallbeach nuts bardive staffbuffet styletop notchthe dining room staffdive trippool and hot tubfishgreat divingan ocean view roommask and finsocean frontwhite board
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The rooms are large with overhead fan, A/C, small frig, cable TV, WiFi, good bed, large bath and hot water. On the Wifi use the bar connection to keep from being dropped a bunch. Down the street is a grocery store for snacks and a liquor store where beer is $3.00. Breakfast and supper are served buffet style and the food is good. Soups and deserts are very good.
The dive boats are large enough so 16 people are not crowded. You sit at the back of the boat and your BC is brought to you, put your fins on and step off. There are two ladders and after removing your fins walk up the ladder. First dive is 110 feet for 50 min. and second dive is 60 feet for 60 min. They do not check your depth very closely, but be a couple of minutes late and they get all bent out of shape. The dive master goes in last and gets out first, so they are only leading for about half of the time. You and your buddy can go and do what ever you want up to a point. The water temperature was 83F, visibility was 60-80 feet and 2-3 foot swells. I did 6 days of diving and 2 days were great, 3 days good and 1 day OK. It takes about 20 minutes to go around to the dive sites, but it is an easy trip in the big boat. There are a good number of fish and you will find most of them at 30-35 feet under the boat. You have the usual grunts and parrotfish along with turtles, reef sharks, nurse sharks and rays. And because this a park, there are groupers all over the place. Some of the big ones will come up to you for a little petting. For the price, the travel connections, the resort and most of all the diving, your can not beat this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Olddiver36
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nov 2013, I completed a 7 night, 17 tank, all-inclusive package. The vacation started by being met promptly at the airport. All our dive gear was handled by Clyde (I didn't have to lift a thing). Check in at the resort & dive shop was organized & a breeze. The room was recently renovated, neat & clean. Everything worked like the AC, hot water, etc. The included B-L-D were excellent & varied nicely. I've been to 17 different dive operations & Reef Divers is among the best. Their personnel were safety conscious, knowledgeable, professional & had great senses of humor. Valet diving is the only way to go. I think it is very efficient & safe, especially having your gear carried to the swim deck before entering the water. All the Reef Diver's Boats & equipment were clean & in excellent condition. Their land based Nitrox Analyzing procedure is the best & most accurate. The resort manager, Kimberley Dangerfield, was always available, checking on various areas of the resort. After the 1st introduction she knew my name for the rest of my stay. The "Manager's Reception" was a nice touch. All the dive masters were excellent, but Warren & Hannah are among the best of my dive career. I usually don't repeat dive resorts, but LCBR would be my 1st to repeat. Thank you for everything, Jack Strickland, Steamboat Springs, CO.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jackgolfski
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The dive sites were awsome. The dive masters were professionals. There is a sense of care to the entire British protecturate. Island attitude, attention to detail and a projection of conservation made our seven days of diving a trip to paradise. The folks on the Cayman Islands seem to know that conservation of their environment is necessary for longterm survival and equivalent to good life for them and their visitors.
Little Cayman Beach Resort is a reflection. The resort is pretty to see, comfortable, clean and fun after hours. Every bit of food, as well as everything else, must be brought to the island by cartage. Just how can a fantastic Beef Wellington be done by barge, their secret.
Diving is prime on Little Cayman, bird watching is great.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are the best. Anything toward the ocean is good. Back corner rooms may have less light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank William W
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Where to start!! Without a doubt the best vacation ever!! My husband and I stayed 6 nights here. We were met at the plane (that has to cross the road to get to the cutest little airport) and driven directly to the resort, approx 1-2 min drive!! Our room wasn't quite ready as we were on an early flight, our bags were taken care of and met us at our room later. We had lunch at the Beach Nut bar, excellent bar food!! Our 2 barmaids, Theresa and Grace were fantastic throughout our week, always remembering our names, room and drinks!!

Rooms were awesome, stayed on the bottom floor with pool/barview. We always had a great nights sleep (although a King bed rather than 2 doubles would have been a wee bit better) We were never kept awake nor did we hear our neighbors. The food in the bird of paradise dining area was always wonderful as was the staff, always a great selection.

The Diving - what we and most everyone else comes for - The best of the best!! Ed and Hannah were our divemasters for the most part although we did a couple of dives with Sharon and Heather... All went above and beyond, what an experience! I had decided that this was my last dive vacation, well, my mind has been changed, I have a total love of diving now!! They went above and beyond our wildest expectations!! I have an injured shoulder and they were so fantastic with helping me out of the water every time with not ever a negative reaction!! The diving is soooo fantastic there, their explanations of the dive sites superlative! First time I've ever dove away from my dive master but their drawings of the site were so explicit I never once felt out of my comfort zone. Being fairly new to diving I was sure I didn't want to go near a scarey wreck, well I was wrong|! Went to Cayman Brac and dove the Keith Tibbets, a must do dive!! We also did a night dive, 1st one for us, again, awesome!

We rented scooters for a dive around the island and a snorkel at the end of the island at Point of Sand, it was awesome and thanks to the staff at the resort we were pointed out where to go and what things to see.

Overall I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting fabulous diving for a week or two.

Final note, a special thanks to the manager, first time I've been to a resort where the manager herself made regular visits to the restaurant and spoke to every guest AND helped out the staff where needed!!! Again, the staff at this resort went way above and beyond our expectations!!! Thank you so much for and excellent vacation!!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the first floor where we stayed, close to everything!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed at dive resorts in the Pacific, Mexico, Caribbean, Florida, California and Central America. LCBR is the best. Best Food, Best Service, Best Dive Operations in terms of professionalism and safety, and the diving is great. Everyone has their favorite type of diving so my best diving may not be your best but you can't do better than this place for great all-around diving. The shore facilities are the best in our group's opinion and we are already planning our next trip here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends