Little Cayman Beach Resort
Le Soleil d'Or(Cayman Brac)
$450
Southern Cross Club(Little Cayman)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sunset Cove(Little Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsdive shopvalet divingdive sitesbloody bay wallbeach nuts bardive staffbuffet styletop notchthe dining room staffdive trippool and hot tubfishgreat divingan ocean view roommask and finsocean frontwhite board
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was very disappointed with a recent stay at Little Cayman Beach club and would recommend you look into staying somewhere else. I found it to be very overpriced and very undervalued. My air conditioner was so clogged with dust I had an allergy attack on the first night and had to leave the room. When I reported it to maintenance they said it was due to be cleaned that week. No kidding, maybe they should check and clean it more often. The next night it malfunction and kicked on/off all night. Lousy night sleep.

I made a simple request for an alarm clock in the room. It took no less than six trips to the front desk before they got around to it on day three or four.

When I checked in they told me I was too late for the buffet lunch so I could eat at the bar. I did and then they handed me a bill and said bar food is not included in the all meals package.

During the week stay I observed trash on the beach every day on the way out to go diving and every day when we came back in. On the last day I asked the front desk for a garbage bag and in a 20 minute walk I filled the bag with trash from the beach while the maintenance crew simply looked on and leaned on their rakes. When I mentioned this to the front desk they said that the crew was going to clean the beach that day. I took a picture of the bag full of trash and submitted it to a "Trashy Diver" contest and actually won the prize for the most trash. This is not a contest a "resort" should be proud of winning.

On the last day my door lock malfunction. Not a simple locked out on check out day but a complete failure of the key system. The door had to be taken apart and left open all morning while maintenance replaced the key system.

The most disturbing part of the stay at LCBR was was the diving operation. While Alex and Will were great guys and I would dive with them again if they go to another property, I would not dive with many of the other Dive guides. They have a ridiculous rule about their Suunto rental computers, which are known to be the most conservative dive computers on the market. When a computer beeps they go around and hunt it town like hawks so they can then ban a person from diving for not 24 but 48 hours with no refund or compensation for the missed dives, and NO attempt to educate the diver on what, if anything, they might have done wrong. I understand safety and the remoteness of Little Cayman but I also understand common sense and this is where the Dive shop failed. They choose to punish someone instead of trying to assist the Diver and educate them with how the computer works or what to do differently to be safer, or even check the computer for malfunctions. This is wrong!
They did not want to look at what set the computer off, they just simply solve the problem by banning the person from diving for 48 hours. When I asked to see the computer I was met with resistance and it was not until the second day that the dive shop let me look at the computer to try and download the profile. To no surprise the computer could not be recognized by my Suunto software and would not download, indicating the computer might be defective. The shop did not care and said they are simply following PADI rules, and this is absolutely incorrect. When I relayed this story to another dive friend he told me the exact same thing happened when he stayed at LCBR a year before and it was the same ultra conservative Suunto computers and the same dive shop person. After listening to all the rules about being banned from diving for the next 48 hours he produced a backup computer that he dives with and it showed no faults at all and the dive shop still argued with him. He also mentioned they banned another diver for 48 hours with no attempt to download the divers profiles and get to the bottom of what was really happening. For this reason alone I could not recommend the LCBR to anyone that is serious about diving.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank Carlos1239
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

What a fabulous place to relax and the dive crew makes diving so easy. Dottie, Ed, Joe, and Will made the boat and the dives fantastic and helped point out the smallest of sea creatures.

The food and nightly activities make this a great place to go and disconnect even though they have excellent wifi so uploading pictures was a breeze.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jvmssi
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is my second tip to this bit of paradise in two years. As a serious diver this is truly a destination for anyone's bucket list. Reef Divers is an exceptional outfit catering to the serious diver. AS for the resort, you could not ask for anything better. The accommodations are good to excellent, the staff is superior, and the food is to die for! Not a lot of frills here, but after three dives a day, who has the energy to go all night. By the way, I forgot to mention the bar staff who are also great. Getting here is the only difficulty. It is a tiny island 60 some miles from Grand Cayman and the only way to get here is in a "puddle jumper" run by Cayman Air. They try to be accommodating and will work with you to get your clothes and dive gear here at the same time while they may have to split the baggage trips to get it all back to Grand Cayman.

This is not a fancy, dress up at night type of place. Bring plenty of Tee shirts and a few pairs of shorts. This is all you will need. Except for bathing suits and dive gear. Go for the all inclusive, it is well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my first trip to Little Cayman and Little Cayman Beach resort (LCBR.) This is a very small island and sparsely populated with 170 permanent residents. So it is a sleepy place where divers can enjoy great diving and quiet nights. You get to Little Cayman from Grand Cayman on a 45 minute flight.

With regards to what I did while I was at LCBR, dive, dive and dove some more! There really is little else to do on the island. There are a couple of other places you can go for dinner, Southern Cross Club is next door, and a few other places, but I thought the food at LCBR was really good, especially after a long day of diving.

That staff at the resort are awesome. The rooms are pretty nice, nothing super fancy, but comfortable and clean. They have a spa which I did not use, so no comment. I enjoyed the quiet and scenic views on the hammocks on the beach a lot! The pool and hot tub were nice to spend some time in. And then there is the Beach Nuts Bar. Good to hang out, have a few drinks, and do karaoke on Friday night!

The diving is darn good. Be aware, at this point, any excursion dives are not well advertised, so you need to stay on the dive shop managers case to make sure you find out about them. The dive staff on my boat where Sharon, Will, and Warren - they were fun and did an excellent job! Super happy with them and the dives!

Overall, LCBR is a great place to go if you are a diver or just want some serious down time. PS they do have free WiFi access covering the entire resort...

Room Tip: Request Sharon and Will's boat, the Cayman Sister - great team! When returning through Grand Cayman airport on Saturday, make sure you have time, the place can either be empty or a mad house depending on the airline you use.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheNetBuilder
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although nothing in the Carribean compares underwater with the South Pacific the Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson Bight on Little Cayman remain the best Carribean destination. Many of the small fish are gone complements of the Lionfish invasion but the wall is beautiful, the coral healthy and the water clear.

The resort is first rate with the best food we've experienced anywhere. The rooms are generous and the beds comfortable in this compact resort. There is a great bar but the action seems less than previous years.

The dive boats are great but only staffed by two divemasters, usually female. Nevertheless they setup your stuff and carry it to the back for you.

For non-divers the Booby Pond is close by although it is sometimes a mudflat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends