“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Little Cayman Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at Little Cayman Beach Resort...and we cannot wait to go back next year. This is our absolute favorite place on Earth. We travel at least twice a year to the Caribbean with our large scuba crew, and this place could not have been more accomodating. We had a dive boat pretty much all to ourselves, and the biggest table in the dining room was reserved for our group at each meal so we could all sit together. The food is absolutely outstanding...every meal is delicious and offers many different choices, including an array of delectable desserts. The staff is incredibly happy and friendly, and seem truly excited to see and talk to you each day. We had our very young daughter with us and all the staff made a huge deal out of her everywhere we went. The bar is the perfect beach bar...with really, really good food (incase you want something in between meals, or just want some chicken tenders or pizza)...and the bartenders are all really friendly and fun. Ingvar is the coolest dude ever. He put on trivia night and karaoke night and we all had a blast!! The dive shop/staff is fantastic...and the diving in general is the best I have seen. We had two days this trip that the water was so calm it was like a swimming pool. The visibillity was probably 300 feet. It was insane! The divemasters were fun and as always, did a great job taking care of all of us and our equipment. The resort rooms are very nice, tastefully decorated with nice bath products. The only "complaint" I could possibly dream up is that the TV reception in the rooms is really bad. But honestly, who sits in the room and watches TV on a dive trip anyway, right? So I would HIGHLY recommend this place to ANYONE looking for the perfect, relaxing dive vacation. Two HUGE thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: There are 40 rooms at this resort, some have 2 queens and some have one king. They are all pretty m...
2  Thank Kristine D

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We loved our stay at LCBR, our room was very nicely appointed and quite comfortable. The food was delicious and plentiful - 3 buffets a day!! Great cocktails and great weather... The staff is great, everything was excellent except... the water (its reverse osmosis, and it just tastes really bad). But you can buy bottled water at the dive shop and it's not outrageously priced.

Reef Divers is an awesome dive operation. We dove with them on the Brac also, many years ago, they're top notch. Craig has particularly excellent pre-dive jokes. ;-) Hurricane Sandy made some really large swells and waves so our diving suffered a bit for it... the viz was really off, but the dive sites are beautiful.

I loved sitting in the "outdoor living room" near our room. So very pleasant. :-)

3  Thank Annie M
Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you are looking for a top of the line dive resort with FANTASTIC service, diving & accommodations at a very affordable price. Look no further. This is the place. Highly recommend you bring the kids. They have a pretty beach with hammocks and the food is SUPERB.

But remember. You are on a tiny island. There are no shopping malls or bar districts. This is a secluded place for a wonderful get-away.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruben C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Shhhhhh! No more reviews....we are keeping this one for ourselves.

Diving - excellent
Bar Staff - excellent - We hope Teresa stays forever

Enough said.

2  Thank GenoSully
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We visited Little Cayman Beach Resort in 2010 and could not wait to return. This trip we returned with a bit more critical eye for details and I can say this place was better than the first trip.

Our first person of contact was the Immigration lady on Cayman Brac and her welcoming smile and pleasant attitute is so different from clearing immigration in the US where we are all treated like criminals. What a delight it is to arrive in the Caymans.

Much like our first trip, the food was fantastic and the executive chef still onboard preparing unusual delights and desserts. Simply amazing food for an all inclusive dive resort. As I have said before, you will not lose weight here.

We had the same ocean front room as our first trip (304) and I would highly recomend any of the ocean front rooms in the 300 building. Spotless clean thanks to great staff, Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room, comfortable bed, very quiet...perfect! And wireless internet all over the resort for those who need to be connected.

Valet diving with Reef Divers is a breeze. The ocean was perfect with 84 degree temps and 100' visibility, mostly calm. The dive instructors/divemasters were a great team with lots of knowledge of the dive sites and always found us a spot to call our own.

We made good friends on the boat over the week and are planning to book the group in October 2013 so we know we will have another great review in the making.

You will find the front desk staff, restaurant staff, bar staff, housekeepers, grounds staff, and all the boat crews part of what makes this place special. When you walk in the door, you know you have arrived "home."

Room Tip: We love the 300 series rooms, beachfront.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just love this place, and I love the diving that goes along with it. Little Cayman Island doesn't have any real "amusements" for people, but it's a great place for people who love the sea and love nature. The diving is what keeps me coming back. The resort itself is simply wonderful - great service, super food, excellent staff. Reef Divers - the resort's dive facility - is top-notch. I've never had a bad experience. The dive guides work very hard to make your dive trips fun and safe. They are super-helpful. I can't wait to get back there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank love2dive65
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent two weeks traveling solo in the Caymans last July - 4 nights at LCBR, 4 nights at Sunshine Suites and 6 nights at the Grand Cayman Marriott, so I will post reviews separately for each.

It was a diving and foodie trip for me - seriously, I had a list of restaurants in Grand Cayman to visit and saved up a good budget for this trip (paid everything in cash)... loved every minute of it.

I absolutely enjoyed LCBR and am already looking for a way to return next year.
What I loved the most?
Number One - The diving - Reef Divers have the BEST boats and service in the Caymans. Even compared to a long established well known dive operator on the east end of GC, Reef Divers hands down were the best, IMHO. Great service, clean spacious fast boats... awesome dive masters (Aly!!!) who provide great dive briefings (they draw a colorful 'map' of the dive site for you, explaining where to go, your options, etc). I did 24 dives on my entire trip, 9 of them were in Little Cayman. I think the dive sites in Little Cayman were very interesting with lots to see... check out Mixing Bowl, Leah's Lookout, Marilyn's Cut, Barracuda Bight, Randy's Gazebo (awesome vertical swim through), and of course Great Wall West. I honestly enjoyed every single one and would love to visit them all again.

No. 2 - The food - I met a couple who said the food wasn't as good as their previous visit here, but every diver on my table was raving about the food - myself included. Because I did so much diving, I didn't gain weight despite all the food I ate - I had some form of chocolate dessert after every meal! It was soooo good. One of the divers in our group did a tour of the kitchen and was very impressed. As mentioned, this was a diving and foodie trip for me (I spent $$$ on dinner at Blue by Eric Ripert - review to follow), and I was not dissapointed by the food at LCBR - in fact I loved it.

No. 3 - The ocean view. If you can afford it, waking up to a view of the ocean is a pretty special way to live.

No. 4 - The secluded island feel! Not commercialized at all. Very different from Grand Cayman. Must do's: On the day you're not diving, rent a kayak and go to Owen Island (took me about 30 minutes going there, 15 minutes going back and I saw an eagle ray going past me on the way back). Also rent a bike or van and go to Point of Sand, jump off the pier and snorkel until the current takes you back to shore (be careful though, no lifeguards to either place). Also go to the LCBR pier after dinner to go stargazing... when was the last time you saw the stars?

What would make it better?
1. Better Beach... the beach here is just not swimable because of the seaweed and I don't think they clean it all. If you want to play in the ocean, you have to go to Owen Island or Point of Sand.
2. Quieter Rooms... the AC in my room was loud, I heard guests on the first floor complain that they could hear the guests on the second floor, I also read about Karaoke night noise but I wasn't there for that night.
3. Free use of Bikes & Kayaks... this is mostly a diving resort so why not sweeten the deal for non divers by letting them use the bikes and kayaks for free? (thankfully dive computers are free to rent!)
4. The TV channels were very grainy... I don't watch much tv (only to fall asleep or wake up) but if something is available, it should work well.

Overall, I absolutely love LCBR but almost don't want YOU to know about it, so that they don't hike up their prices next year... I will be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view, 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Little Cayman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!