Little Cayman Beach Resort
Le Soleil d'Or(Cayman Brac)
$795
$771
Hotels.com
Southern Cross Club(Little Cayman)
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Villas(Little Cayman)
Sunset Cove(Little Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsdive shopvalet divingdive sitesbloody bay wallbeach nuts bardive staffbuffet styletop notchthe dining room staffdive trippool and hot tubfishgreat divingan ocean view roommask and finsocean frontwhite board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was our first visit to LCBR, and it won't be our last! All staff were
very friendly and helpful, the diving was easy and gorgeous (despite the
outer edges of Hurricane Rina making the first part of the week
intermittently rainy and cloudy, as well as unbearably muggy), and the food
was fantastic and plentiful! The idea of dive restrictions chafed at
first, but you quickly got used to it, and didn't feel like you were
missing out. We saw at least 1, if not 3, sharks on every dive, as well as
numerous turtles on every dive. The divemasters were fairly helpful, and
found both seahorses known to hang out on the wall. This is concierge
diving and it was really nice to sit down on the back of the boat, putting
on your fins, while the crew got your tank and helped you don it, then
stand up and stride into the water. Despite the rain and clouds, we went
out every day, and it was usually a 20-25 minute boat ride to any site.
The meals were just stupendous! Buffet style with loads of options -
breakfast always had an omelet station for made to order ones, while there
were scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, as well as pancakes/waffles/french
toast option - one day there was even Eggs Benedict, and cheese blintzes!
Lunch always had meats and cheeses for sandwiches, along with 2-3 cold
salads and 2-3 hot entrees, and of course, desserts. Dinner would be a
choice of pork, chicken, beef or fish (usually 3 of the 4) and the sauces
and seasonings were top notch! Of course, there were several salad options
and soup, too. We avoided the bar next to the pool because of smoke, but
it always seemed to have quite a crowd. By the end of the week, we finally
got WiFi in our room (they had just been updating/adding servers). We
stayed in the beachfront building behind the dive shop, and the quiet and
privacy was quite welcome, as we were a solo couple, in contrast to the big
groups from dive shops. Our only suggestions we left on our comment card,
were to get mats outside each room to wipe sand off before entering the
rooms, and have more rooms with king beds. There were some issues with
couples who were initially assigned to 2 double beds, but in the end,
everyone was accommodated.
This was our fifth trip to dive Bloody Bay Wall, and it sure didn't disappoint. There's definitely no other place in the Caribbean with wall diving like this!

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are definitely worth the higher price, for privacy and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stork90
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Little Cayman Beach Resort in Oct 2011. The resort, diving, and food were great.The food was served buffet style with good main courses as well as great desserts. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and clean. The dive shop / Reef Divers was great too. They had good DMs (Warren and Ron were our DMs) and were very accommodating on missed dives due to weather. Their boats have a head, hose for rinsing off, and some shade! They also make it easy to use Nitrox. You analyze the night before and they have the tanks loaded on the boat for you. There is a also a large drying area for all your equipment. I highly recommend this resort and dive shop.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BoneyIL
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I'm late in adding this review as our trip was in September 2010. My wife and I selected LC Beach Resort out of a number of options, including Grand Cayman resorts. This was one of the best trips for us. We have been searching for dive resorts in the Caribbean other than Utila and Roatan because of the sand flies and no-see-ums. Some folks are not bothered by the Bay Island bugs but we get eaten alive. The Caymans have been a blessing. You can sit outside and eat, lay around the pool, walk on the beach day or night, hang on the pier, etc and never get a bug bite. We love it...!

Anyway, for the LCBR, we upgraded to an ocean view, bottom floor, end unit and loved it. Room was spotless, bed comfortable, very quiet.

The restaurant is to die for as they say. Food at all meals is abundant and excellent and the deserts...well you will be asking the chef for recipes. Restautrant staff are super and if you are a vegetarian you will find lots to eat. Don't expect to lose any weight during your stay at the LCBR. I did not rate the spa as we did not use it.

We added lunch to our package so we included all three meals. If we were going again, we would not add lunch as you can order al la carte at the bar and the meals are big enough to split. That would be our plan. You can also grab a salad from the buffet and then order al la carte for the bar. Best of both worlds.

The dive team was superb. Water temp was in the low 80's and visibility was very good. Lots of critters and especially like the large groupers who follow you around looking for a scratch under the chin. Yep, quite friendly. As with many places in the Craibbean there are pleanty of lion fish. Many places are trying to get the other fish to see them as dinner, especially the grouper. I have also seen lobster go after them after they have been speared. I understand that they may have quit killing them on a daily basis in the marine park area as it may have been attracting too many sharks. But they may now do a once a week "lion fish roundup."

Flights out of Miami on Cayman Air were great and I appreciate that they don't charge us for extra dive gear bags. I carry a regular suitcase, dive gear and camera gear and while the TSA folks can't seem to figure out what a regulator, dive computer, or underwater camera housing and strobes may be, to Cayman security the equipment is no big deal.

We highly recommend this resort for value, experience, people, etc. Oh yeah, take a bike ride by the airport runway and check out the huge iguanas...!

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank aquabluegreg
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We went to Little Cayman Beach Resort with the same crowd that we visited Fiji just a few months before, and let me tell you, it rates right up there with Fiji! The room was very good, nicely decorated. The staff were extremely friendly and especially the dining staff, who were completely accommodating. We felt like "family" in just a day or so. The diving......... spectacular!!! As I said, it rivals Fiji. The dive operation, Reef Divers, have an operation like I've never experienced. Once you get on the dive boat, you never have to handle your equipment again. Just walk to the back of the boat, sit down, and they will take your equipment to you and help you strap in! Tool cool!! We were very lucky to have Dottie as our dive master, as well as all the other staff on board. Who would have thought they would experience a grouper eating a lion fish? Dottie is working with the groupers to eradicate the little boogers from the local waters.
Overall, I would go back here in a New York minute!

Room Tip: The oceanviews are great, but I wouldn't spend the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank PenguinRob
Reviewed September 22, 2011

An absolutely awesome trip!
The ride over on the Twin Otter from Cayman Brac was fast and easy. Even my buddy (who is a white knuckle flier) loved it.
The rooms were clean and well maintained.
The dining room staff were friendly and fun. They made you feel welcome at every meal.
The head chef, Anthony, and 2 of his staff are CIA trained and it shows in the food they prepared. Keep in mind the supply barge comes from Grand Cayman once a week.
Each meal had several choices. Something for everyone.

WHAT ABOUT THE DIVING.....after all that is why we were there.
Reef Divers runs 3 boats. 46 foot Newtons in very good condition.
You are assigned a boat and dive with that crew all week. We had Sharon and Warren.
They are some of the best divemasters I have seen. We also had a lot of fun and laughs with them.
The reefs are in great condition. Some of the largest barrel sponges I have ever seen.
First dive we saw 2 Eagle Rays. Swam with turtles on almost every dive. Saw several sharks
that stuck around for awhile. Got great photos of them.
The groupers are like puppies...following you around and letting you pet them. If you help them find squirrel fish they are your friend for life.
I even saw my first ever sea horse. I have to admit it was bigger than I thought it would be.

After diving all day a cold beer and a refreshing dip in the pool was called for. Teresa and Sam took care of our needs at the bar. Both are very efficient and friendly. Lots of laughs with them.
Oh...I almost forgot Jerry. Jerry is an islander that stops by the bar after work at the airport where he is the entire baggage department. Get him to show you his card tricks. They are mindblowing.

The Tres Amigos Dive Club has definitely voted for a return trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends