“Unbelievable Experience!! A bucket list Must!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unbelievable Experience!! A bucket list Must!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just returned from this amazing place (paradise) and have experienced seven days of pure bliss! The Southern Cross Club is a class act. The entire staff at Southern Cross doesn't just do it right they do it to perfection. These folks are an amazing group and I will always think of them as my friends. Thank you to Peter, the managers, the office staff, the dive team, Chris the fisherman, the chefs/wait staff, bartenders, to everyone for making my experience there unforgettable. I have never experienced anything like this and I cannot wait to go back. It is truly a magical place. The views are amazing, the housing is wonderful and very cozy. Waking up every morning within 20 steps of the ocean is definitely the way to go. The food is terrific and it's the perfect place to watch the sunset. I can't say enough about Southern Cross. I felt so pampered and I enjoyed every second of my stay. Thank you again for giving me the experience of a lifetime. Thank you for giving me luxury at its finest... all in my bare feet! I cannot wait to return and master my paddle boarding! Congratulations on managing a very fine establishment. I am your biggest fan! See you soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank happytotravel38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Park City, Utah
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a very long six months including a major move, a foot surgery for one and a broken elbow for another followed by the death of a parent, we were beyond ready to be pampered and indulged. Without a doubt Southern Cross Club is a sensational location for barefoot luxury providing exceptional diving. After ten years away, we found Southern Cross Club to be in better shape than our first visit and questioned why we had stayed away for so long. I dubbed this trip a bubble of bliss. We did not want to leave feeling so well looked after, we extended our stay and can't wait to go back again and again. Every staff member goes the extra mile to make your trip special. The dive staff is the best I've encountered having dove all around the globe. We tried fishing and Chris makes it so much fun you want to find time to fish with him in between all the spectacular dives. Jen and Neil go out of their way every single day to make sure you have what you need. I came with a new go pro and did not have a red filter or pole and Neil lent me his home made version so I could capture some of the best underwater videos ever. Jen gave me a great book for our flight home. Gabi made wonderful cocktails just by telling him what we were in the mood for making the visits to the bar fun and full of laughter. Every day was a new adventure underwater and after a couple of days you begin to be part of the Southern Cross family and because they are all so happy, you can't help be happy too. Where else can you go on vacation and come away restored, recharged and blissful after months of life challenges. SCC is the "best ever".

Room Tip: All rooms sit on the beach here so hard to get a bad room. The pink cabana or honeymoon suite was id...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PCPamL
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Southern Cross is exactly where you want to go to get away from it all. Diving the clearly the draw, and the diving is fantastic! Two tank dives happen every morning with potential afternoon and dusk dives. The guides are amazingly great, and I felt very well taken care of. The beach and view is stunning, and the hammocks are perfect for grabbing an afternoon nap. The resort is extremely small and starts to feel like a family after 24 hours. Accommodations are very nice, although not on par with high end resorts. The bar is casual and fun. Food is average to above average, but you're likely not here for the food!

It's astounding how many guests are repeat guests, and by the time you leave, you'll realize why as it's hard not to think about coming back! For someone who's addicted to Four Seasons and Ritz vacations, this is as good as it gets "off the grid"!

Room Tip: Room 6 was one of the only ones that had wifi available as it's near the lobby - a huge plus!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TexasMomOnTheGo
South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Southern Cross Club is one of the best vacations we have been on! It is superbly run, in a beautiful setting and the diving is spectacular. I was there the same week as Tim N and everything he says is spot on. Congrats to Peter for running such a fabulous place and many thanks to all the Southern Cross Club crew who made our vacation so much fun!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From August 2 through August 10 2013 I finally got the rest and recuperation I deserved! The management and staff of the Southern Cross Club are a hard working and dedicated group of individuals who listened and reacted to our comments while there. A couple of examples, I had never done a dawn dive...mentioned it to general manager Jen at breakfast, two days later we were on the boat with fellow vacationers at 5:15 am on our way along with a pleasant boat capitan Kristian and dive guide Mirella. Their mission was to give us what we wanted and they delivered! We asked to go dive the Kieth Tibbits wreck, not an easy chore as that wreck if over at Cayman Brac...again our wish was granted! My cousin and his wife were celebrating their 41 wedding anniversary, we simply mentioned it and before we could get back to our rooms a chilled bottle of sparkling wine was in my cuz's room...on the house. We asked to be seated out doors for certain meals. Again the request was cheerfully fulfilled.

The staff is happy and it shows. Gabi the bar keep, Laura, Niki, Francisco, Henry, Hernan, Neil, and Jennifer, the house keeper, all had smiles and made me feel they were as glad to be there as I was. Without exception, and I have missed some names for sure, everyone was attentive, worked hard and make me feel welcome. Congratulations to owner Peter, who we got to meet on the first few days of our trip, for understanding the basic principle of management...it's far more profitable to keep your staff happy that to find and retrain new staff.

I highly recommend this resort for anyone looking for a place to go that offers good food, clean accommodations, uncrowded quiet, and competent diving and fishing expertise to ensure a pleasurable vacation.

Room Tip: We prefer the one story duplex type rooms on the west end of the island. The two story units on th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tipp City, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I went with friends for a nice relaxing vacation get-away and the Southern Cross Club was all of that and more! The staff made you feel as though you were kings/queens. It was such a relaxing resort and so much fun - snorkeling - kayaking - bike riding - beaching it! The chef was amazing with his creations - delicious and so fresh! I would definitely recommend this to anyone in need of relaxing and fun! I am not a diver however there were two that did dive! As it is stated it is "BAREFOOT ELEGANCE"!!! Hope to make this a return vacation spot :-)

Room Tip: All of their cottages are delightful! However, we were in cottage #1 and loved it! It is a bit awa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marilynn R
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family loved Southern Cross Club so much in March we decided to go back in July!
The staff is over-the-top accommodating and the diving and fishing superb.
We were treated to relaxation and wonderful cuisine while at the resort. The diving staff then took us to multiple diving sites around the island. My husband likes to fish and their fishing guide, Chris, took us right to the Tuna spot, catching 10 fish in the first hour.
The barefoot experience is tranquil, while the diving and fishing is adventurous!
We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 4 in Little Cayman
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Southern Cross Club? Share your experiences!