“BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE CARIBBEAN”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Pirates Point Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Little Cayman
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE CARIBBEAN”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I absolutely loved staying here. I was staying in Grand Cayman and after a while decided to go somewhere more authentic. I sent an email to the resort with very short notice and they made all the necessary arrangements for me in the drop of a hat. Next morning I was being picked up from the airport by Ed (they offer free airport transportation) and went straight to the Pirates Point.

Oh my God... the beauty of this place. Little Cayman is absolutely gorgeous. The resort is located right on the beach, and the accommodations are wonderful. You will feel right at home.

I think this is the best spot if you want to get away from it all. You won't have much distractions. It's all about relaxing and, of course, diving. One of the best spots on earth for diving, everyone is just fascinated with the diving.

The service is excelent and the crew is more than accommodating. Everyone, Ed, Gay, Martha, Dianne, Jeff, Mike, Gladys, everyone is so nice. They really make you want to stay forever.

And the food... OMG the food. The food is incredible, top of the line. The kitchen is run by Dianne and Jeff who are fantastic cooks and VERY nice people. Gladys (Owner and Manager) is also a fantastic cook and hosts dinner. She is a sweetheart and is the soul of the Pirates Point Resort.

Everything was perfect for me. I deeply appreciate them having me as one of their guests. I'll definitely come back. Wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Ivan

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ivanpablo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Being non divers (although we love snorkelling) and travelling with chlidren from six years to 18 we couldn't decide where to stay on Little Cayman but I could not have made a better choice - we all absolutely loved it at Pirates Point and now we cannot imagine staying anywhere else! The children were completely relaxed - they never had to put shoes on and listened avidly for the gong for meals (a great combination of routine and relaxation - every family should have one), and everyone adored Gladys! The chef was a sweetheart, cooking the little ones their own meals at 6 pm (eggs, sausages, pasta in tomato sauce - thank you Chef!) after which we enjoyed cocktails, gourmet food and wine and the little ones went happily to sleep about 9 pm meaning we could relax for the rest of the evening knowing that they were completely safe and happy. The food was totally delicious of course, and every evening was a hilarious social event. For those who haven't been to Little Cayman - go now. Nothing can prepare you for it. There is nowhere in the world like it, it is sheer paradise. My children snorkelled with baracudas and eagle rays. Point of Sand is utter heaven - my husband almost put down roots there. We visited the other resorts, and had quite a few drinks at the bar at Little Cayman Beach Resort which is also very lovely. Each of the three resorts seems very different so there really seems to be something for everyone. The worst part of our time there? Saying goodbye! But we will be back .....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Susie551613
George Town, Cayman Islands
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Pirates Point is a quaint accommodation made up of cottages that looks right onto the sea. Little Cayman in general has this ability to make you forget all of your troubles as soon as you step onto the tarmac, but the staff at Pirates Point take it the next level. It was a group of four girls and the second that we arrived at Pirates Point we were given a tour and even though we had arrived after breakfast time, they still made us egg sandwiches and gave us a bowl of fruit, with glasses of orange juice. It has such a home feeling like you’re staying at grandmas.

Every meal was absolutely to die for. I was a vegetarian and I forgot to mention that until I got there, but I did not feel at all like it was a problem for them to cater to my dietary needs. I always had just as much food as everyone else and then some. I ate better there that I have in any restaurant.

There is a great pool if you prefer to sit in there to soak up rays and even a hot tub. There are loads of hammocks and you can grab snorkel gear very easily to snorkel nearby.

I didn’t dive with Pirates Point, but two of the other girls did. Both were fairly new divers, and their instructor was really good about giving pointers in between the two dives to offer advice on how to make it more enjoyable. Both of the divers said they were very grateful to his advice, because it helped tremendously on the second dive.

I went snorkeling off the boat when my friends were diving, which was just as much fun. So don’t feel like you have to be an avid diver to stay there. The travel agent I dealt with tried to discourage me from staying at Pirates Point, but I think it was just because she wasn’t going to get any commission from us staying at Pirates Point.

Bikes are free, unlike the Beach Resort (I believe you have to pay $15 for the afternoon) and the bikes at Pirates Point are in much better shape.

When you’re quoted the price at Pirates Point please don’t let that put you off, because you get so much more value for money. All of your food is included and even a glass of wine at dinner (and the usually keep your glass full if you want).

The accommodation itself is a little older, but I feel that brings out more of the charm of the place. I highly recommend this, I will not be staying anywhere else when I visit Little Cayman and I know plan to visit there often!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ml5501
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Had a blast! Gay Morrison is the best five master ever! Been diving a lot before, but she taught me so much! Was awesome. And Gay is a very nice person too. The entire staff @ Pirates were so nice.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank lanie
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife and I spent a beautiful week at Pirates Point with two other couples. Everything, and I mean everything, was just as I expected. Wonderful. I won't bother to describe the diving, other than it is probably the best in this hemisphere. It is the staff I want to talk about, starting with Gay. I have never received so much excellant attention at any other place we have gone. Gay was beyond helpful. As were Martha (my very patient instructor for my Nitrox course), Mike, Bob (who lead us on perhaps the best night dive I have ever experienced), Michelle and all the rest. They were always cheerful and quick to help when asked. And always respectful. We were always treated as adults. The result was an absolute feeling of relaxation. Except for the diving which was just awesome. Great boat, uncrowded.

The food is the best I have had anywhere. Period. I put on way too many pounds (and I don't care). Jeff is a fabulous chef. I regret his talent defies my ability to copy. I hope he will publish a cook book.

Pirates Point seems to attract people like ourselves. Folks who want to relax and don't need casinos, etc to enjoy a vacation. All of the other guests were fun to spend time with and we regretted parting from them.

My wife and I have travelled the Caribbean for 18 years and have enjoyed seeing other islands. But for us Pirates Point and Little Cayman are the best, and make it hard to go elsewhere. This was our first return to Pirates Point since 1999. We will be returning much sooner.

Edward (Ward) and Phyllis Miller

Room Tip: We like the beach front duplexes
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank WardGB
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Best food ever not only at an all-included but best ever on a vacation; owner Gladys Howard (more later) is a Cordon Bleu/Julia Child trained chef, and her recipes along with Chef Jeff and Chef Dianne's creations are unbeleivable. Champagne and sushi dinner at Gladys house on the last night was a blast, and Chef jeff made great sushi -- including lionfish sushi with a gorgeous lionfish skeleton on the platter -- gorgeous presentation. And we have eaten all over the world in Michelin rated restaurants. My diver husband (20 years of diving) finally said he found someplace better than Belize -- the best ever. He was totally impressed with the dive staff and their operations, and the boat. I am a non-diver, and had a great time too -- beautiful shore, good snorkeling. Take a short walk up the beach to "the baths" -- a sandy entry to the water, and sit in the warm spots among the coral karst-heads. A surreal and beautiful experience. Rode a bike for a couple hours each a.m., watched many fantastic birds and chatted with islanders. The island and resort is home to little curly tailed lizards and iguanas everywhere. Felt totally safe on Little Cayman. And Lara at the spa up the road has the "touch." I had a massage and was so relaxed that I ended up spending an entire day in the hammock watching the waves and daydreaming -- not even reading ! Owner Gladys -- she is quite the delightful personality -- her life is fascinating, she is lots of fun especially at the nightly domino game. In fact, it is worth it just to go down to Pirate's Point to visit her ! Her bar is a hoot with guests' art projects made from items found on the beach. We also made new friends -- camaraderie being one of the pleasures of going to a small dive resort or a small liveaboard. Gladys very small staff work really hard and it is very apparent that the Pirate's Point crew are like a small family, which you have the pleasure to join if you visit. Many, many repeat visitors. This is a rustic, Caribbean dive/beach resort. Do go here for a unique experience, great food, great company, beautiful natural environment, beautiful water and a very Caribbean flavor -- I felt like Hemingway. If you want a resort with a raked beach, rows of beach chairs, Macarena at happy hour etc. that could be anywhere in the world (and I like those too sometimes), this is probably not for you. We would definitely go back -- and frankly, we never say that.

Room Tip: Loved the oceanfront rooms with fans only; but if.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank IntrepidTraveler011
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We just returned from a week long Cayman trip, with 5 days at Pirates... agree w/all the posted positive reviews - but for us it was the character of the place, the feeling of family among strangers from the first night - I think the resort size, set up, and most of the staff - from the folks who clean the rooms to the owners - we all bonded instantly! The diving was fabulous, every dive master is also an instructor, our daughter (17) did the advanced course and loved it... they have it down, everyone leaves Pirates a better diver.... We would go back in a heart beat (3 of the groups during our stay were multi-repeaters, one person works for the Cayman Is. tourist authority and said "without doubt Pirates is the most unique and wonderful resort in the Islands"... for people looking for something unique and beyond your typical resort - with 4 star food that would challenge any high end restaurant in the States (or anywhere else) - I would say go to Pirates!

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms rock!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 3 in Cayman Brac
Sunset Cove
Sunset Cove
#1 of 1 in Little Cayman

Been to Pirates Point Resort? Share your experiences!