“Tasty fish and chips, gorgeous view”

Hungry Iguana Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We came to Little Cayman just for the day, by boat from the Brac. I thought the Hungry Iguana was a lovely spot - painted bright white, with a lovely shady and breezy patio with a view of the ocean. Food was served quickly, service was good, and the fish and chips with lemon and tartar sauce was really tasty!! Considering how tiny this island is, I was really impressed :-)

1  Thank NDGTraveller
There are newer reviews for Hungry Iguana Restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Little Cayman gets weekly delivery by barge/tug boat of food and so when weather rough in winter the island runs out of things. While we were there the restaurant ran out of chips (French fries). However the food was lovely especially the lion fish fingers, we ate here every day mostly for lunch as cheaper than dinner.

1  Thank chornayakoshka
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My favourite place to eat on the island. Simple food, good friendly service - love having a snack lunch on the verandah...Mosquitos drive me in at night,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great location really just a 2-minute walk from the tiny airport! There are two different buildings: one is closer to the road and the other is across the parking lot and closer to the sea, with a porch seating area with incredible views. The service was friendly, attentive, unobtrusive, and quick. The overall atmosphere was okay, but did not have quite the hip, Caribbean character I was expecting, but rather felt somewhat generic. An exception to this was what seems to be resident iguanas frequenting the porch, who did seem hungry and anxious for hand-outs; it was amazing to see them up close. The restroom doors were similarly painted with hip iguanas. Other than that, though, it was pretty generic. Parties at tables on each side of us on the porch were smoking, and that was unpleasant.

The food was good. We had lionfish fingers as recommended by others here. They were deep fried and a bit dry, but the spicy jerk mayonnaise sauce they were served with made up for that, so they were pleasant. We also had a jerk chicken quesadilla, served with pico, sour cream, and guacamole. It was large and along with the appetizer easily satisfied two of us. The jerk spices were very hot, but was a pleasant rather burn that lingered on the lips. Prices were typical for casual Cayman Islands eateries.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I spent nine days at Paradise Villas and ate our dinners at HI. We intended to try some of the restaurants at the other resorts but enjoyed the food and neighborly atmosphere at HI so much we said why bother. The menu is varied with curry to Caribbean fresh catches. The service was great. Our only complaint was they didn't serve breakfast. Like most other things on the Island the prices are a bit high but the portions are large. We are not "big eaters" so my wife and I shared a dinner each night, along with a homemade desert and found it to be plenty filling.
We live in the Washington D.C. area and I only wish we had neighbor restaurants as good as the HI.

1  Thank 869G_j