We just returned from four days at Treasure Island and 6 days at the Grandview next door. We enjoyed both condos tremendously. We were traveling with small children and found Treasure Island to be a very child and family friendly place to stay. We had a ground-floor ocean front condo and really loved the proximity to the beach.
The Treasure Island pool is large and beautiful, with a swim-up bar (one of only two on Grand Cayman) and the only kiddie pool on seven-mile beach (according to another vacationer who is a regular visitor to Grand Cayman.)
The beach was wide and quiet, without a lot of foot traffic and plenty of space to spread out. Some of the resorts farther up along the beach were quite crowded with pedestrian foot traffic from the cruise ships and also the beach chairs were really jammed together (especially in front of the Marriott). While the entrance to the water was a bit rocky, and not the best for small children, my kids were perfectly happy swimming in the kiddie pool instead of the ocean, and the upside was that the snorkeling off the beach was wonderful.
My husband and I are avid snorkelers, and we loved the snorkeling right off the beach, and the fact that a great reef was located within an easy swim out from the beach.
We also liked the fact that Treasure Island has a nice beach bar, with decent food, and a small mini-mart convenience store on site.
It is located within walking distance of a good supermarket and a number of restaurants - the location was very convenient. Georgetown was also within walking distance (but very quiet at night).
The condos were clean and well-kept, and Debbie in the office was very helpful.
We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Cove resort offers 1, 2 & 3 bedroom, 2 bath vacation rental condos on the Southern end of Seven Mile Beach conveniently located to George Town, restaurants, duty-free shopping, nightlife, and water sports. Amenities include the largest swimming pool on Seven Mile Beach with a swim-up snack and cocktail bar, whirlpool, and a separate shallow wading pool for small children. Sunset Cove guests can enjoy both a sandy beach with a protected swimming cove as well as a terrific snorkel reef just outside the cove. Take in beautiful Cayman sunsets from the beach, too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sunset Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Condominiums Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Sunset Cove Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands