“Amazing”
Review of The Meridian

The Meridian
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was better than staying at a hotel. The rooms were large with all the amenities plus more then what you would find at a hotel such as large TVs, kitchen, washer/dryer The beach was clean and never overly crowded. The pool was nice. There were many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JS515

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Back from our 4th trip to Grand Cayman, and once again our superb accommodations helped make the trip another wonderful experience! This was our third stay at the Meridian. On our two previous visits we stayed in Unit 30 (a 2-br unit) with our daughter. It was immaculately clean both times, with very comfortable bedrooms, an amazing kitchen, and everything else promised on the website (including photo galleries and accurate price lists). My wife's parents joined us on this trip to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary, so we needed a third bedroom. Unit 29, right next door to Unit 30, was available. Unit 29 was as well-apportioned, comfortable and clean as 30. Booking was as smooth this time as every other thanks to the courtesy and responsiveness of Lee and Pat. They contacted us in advance to confirm our travel and arrival plans. Once on the island, we made our way to the Meridian where our check-in papers and keys to the villa were on the desk and waiting for us. Within minutes, we were settling in, greeted by cool marble floors, a state of the art, gourmet kitchen (stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and all the tools necessary for any or all 3 meals a day), 3 comfortable bedrooms, each with its own bath, a very nice living area with a large, flatscreen tv with bose surround sound, and best of all, that spectacular ocean-front view overlooking 7 Mile Beach. We love the convenience of the location of the Meridian - a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport, and a shopping center across the street to include Foster's Food Fair grocery and 2 liquor stores. Having left Baltimore at 8 a.m., we were swimming in the beautifully clear, warm turquoise waters of the Caribbean, just steps from our villa by 2:30 p.m.! With a 5 year old in tow, we knew at least some tv time would occur, but we couldn't get the speakers to the Bose system to work, so we had no volume. We called down to the office and shortly Tony arrived to work on the system. Ultimately, there was a switch turned off and a cable had come loose. Plugging it in and resetting the switch did the trick. Of all the things to keep the Meridian in top notch order and having come for a beach vacation, we felt a little silly complaining about the tv (1 of 4 in the unit!) but Tony responded right away and without complaint. Nor did he scoff at us when we called him again because we had messd up the electronic lock on the safe and couldn't get to our wallets, etc. Each day, Maria kept our villa spotless, providing cleaning services with a smile and kind word. Plenty of white-sand beach, more than enough lounge chairs and umbrellas made our beach time as relaxing and fun as ever. The pool was warm and the grills were as new looking as ever and the fitness center provided all the cardio and strength equipment we needed. Being walking distance to restaurants and hotels with water sports rentals nearby just adds to the wonderful time one finds at the Meridian. For us, it's a matter of when we'll return, not if....we love the Meridian!

Room Tip: Higher floors on the north end provide the best accommodations for wonderful, unobstructed views.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank WoodstockTravelers
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The Meridian is top notch. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious. The views are to die for. The BBQ pits are really nice and always sparklingly clean. It's such a nice place to stay. It's also very conveniently located to shops, grocery stores, and restaurants. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cls2486
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in unit #27 at the Meridian. The condo is very well appointed with all the luxuries you would expect to find. I had to laugh because the Ritz-Carlton was just a couple doors down. Their guests were lined up like sardines on the beach who needs the Ritz? Our beach was so much better—I love vacation rentals!

BIG surprise was daily housekeeping! Generally not something that is included in vacation rentals. It was so nice to have our beds made and fresh towels every day! They included nice big, thirsty bath towels and beach towels and the sheets were nicer quality than most vacation rentals I have stayed in.

The condo had some extra touches that made it more comfortable for instance, the master bedroom was on a separately zoned HVAC unit, which was appreciated since some like it warmer than others when they sleep. This particular unit also had a Vonage Phone which allowed us to call the US for Free (very appreciated since my Verizon rates were $2/min.).

The only downside for me was the master bedroom has a Tempur-Pedic mattress which for some would be a big treat but for me I found it hot to sleep on; I switched bedrooms with my colleague and she loved the Tempur-Pedic.

The grocery store is right across the street; there's also a local coffee shop and a couple great restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Tap Water on the Island tastes great~
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank howtorentbyowner
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Meridian is a gem! Like a “picture postcard”, Meridian is nestled in one of the most beautiful scenescapes on earth! Right on Seven Mile Beach, the Meridian was the finest luxury hotel on the beaches of Grand Cayman. Centrally-located on the strip, it offered the perfect vacation blend of ocean-paradise and the island’s bustling luxury-resort lifestyle. Meridian is the best choice for travelers who want both R&R and the island’s action. With no detail overlooked, the rooms were a feast for all senses. Our room had a grand terrace, screened for protection and privacy, and maintained the greatest view of turquoise-blue ocean, the finest-sand beach, and an opulent poolside. The Meridian also boasts the finest architectural detail and splendor of Cayman’s hotel resorts, yet offers the comfort of home right on the Caribbean-blue ocean. The rooms are spacious and fully-equipped with every amenity, like the large plasma TVs, walk-in closets and a fully stocked kitchen. Even the full washer/dryer option in the room provided for full home comfort. Meridian staff was over-the-top friendly and accommodating. Prompt and proactive to care for any need, Lee and her staff provided the expected professionalism of a luxury resort, with the warmth of caring family. Meridian showcased the best natural beauty of the island, and still provided anything additional that a luxury traveler could ask for. The gem of Grand Cayman - this is the place that you want!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I didn't want to leave.My purpose for this trip is to get away from the big city, and staying at The Meridian has fulfilled everything I needed for my body and soul.The praise is thoroughly deserved.

Being more of a private person, the beach was private and not busy like most popular hotels on beach. This was my “retreat”. The warm, friendly atmosphere between management and staff was fantastic. Condo was immaculate, on beautiful tropical manicured grounds.
Mesmerized from the view, it was breathtaking! Location was perfect; to be able to have everything you need across the street. Having the perfect view, ocean breeze and celebrating the sunsets with champagne on the beach what else can you ask for? I will defenitely be back soon, I want to thank The Meridian for a great experience!

Management referred us to have dinner at “Ostra Bay”, I want to thank her for the referral. What a great experience. Osetra Bay is very sophisticated, elegant yet very personal and relaxing. The first thing I have noticed walking in was the decor because it reminded me of Miami Beach, it seemed like entering on a different planet. The music and friendly ambiance was perfect. Great selection on the menu, waitress was very knowledgeable on the menu and great suggestions from her. I liked the idea on having entrees served by different waiters/waitresses. The food was excellent, my #1 appetizer i suggest is the Lobster Bisque, as my main course I loved the angus beef rib eye. Overall the menu is excellent! “Cheers to the chef!”...

Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 2, 2011

It was one of those vacations which you wished would never end! Great beach, great weather, great place! Our condo (#11) was spacious and comfortable with every amenity we could possible need. Wish we were there now!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family